Stevie May

Sonny

Stevie May for me reminds me of Laurence Shankland a bit in that he looks a stone overweight when he's playing.

If he stays fit there is no doubt he can score us goals, but I still think that we need Kyle Mc back on loan from Derby or similar player x2 out wide as where is the service to May going to come from.

Also for me Cooke & Mullen are back up only we need better if we are to retain our SPL status, along with strengthening in a few other positions including another keeper as I can see Qarabaq coming back in for Vaclav.

THOSE people are posters debation opinions, on various issues within their team.  Who do you think you are that makes you right and everyone else wrong, a sure sign of an ignorant arrogant individual is someone who dismisses others opinions out of hand.  Cooke is vastly improved since he came, let's be honest all the others that came with him are gone and he is still here but YOU think those in charge  know nothing because YOU think he isn't good enough.  Well thank goodness JG is in charge and NOT you.  [emoji41]
As you say it is all about opinions and everyone is entitles to theirs. Some may disagree which is fine. Ridicule and saying you are wrong are not. Mine is I do not think Cooke has improved much since he joined. He started his first League game Away at Motherwell and was hooked at half time and he failed to impose himself. Just like every start he has made this season against very poor opposition. Personally I think he is way out his depth in the Premiership.

32 minutes ago, Sonny said:
9 hours ago, jaybee said:
THOSE people are posters debation opinions, on various issues within their team.  Who do you think you are that makes you right and everyone else wrong, a sure sign of an ignorant arrogant individual is someone who dismisses others opinions out of hand.  Cooke is vastly improved since he came, let's be honest all the others that came with him are gone and he is still here but YOU think those in charge  know nothing because YOU think he isn't good enough.  Well thank goodness JG is in charge and NOT you.  emoji41.png

As you say it is all about opinions and everyone is entitles to theirs. Some may disagree which is fine. Ridicule and saying you are wrong are not. Mine is I do not think Cooke has improved much since he joined. He started his first League game Away at Motherwell and was hooked at half time and he failed to impose himself. Just like every start he has made this season against very poor opposition. Personally I think he is way out his depth in the Premiership.

Not just the Dundee game but at the tail end of last season I thought he came onto a game. Hibs at home I think it was he was imposing him self on defenders. My eye sight is not the best I said to the guy next to me who is that. Cook as it turned out.. I'm another on the side he is improving if worked on a work in progress if you like. He has a decent shoot also. Your spot on we all have different views.  Think we can all agree this is a very bad pre-season in the recruitment department. If honest I'm starting to feel very worried.  

14 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

If honest I'm starting to feel very worried.  

I've gone full circle and I'm now convinced the club is going to pull some mad deals out the bag. This is based on nothing except blind optimism and the fact that we've done some very good, very late, deals in the recent past.

I'm less optimistic that these will be in place for Hibs. I was considering getting the train up the coast for that game but I think it might be a bit bleak.

8 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Dundee.

That is going to be a really top-heavy division this season. Mad money being spent - and still only one can definitely go up.

I actually almost feel bad for the likes of Morton, Dunfermline and ICT who might be competitive in any normal season.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Papers say its between us and one other club to sign someone who at least was a decent player..... does anyone really need to guess what the outcome will be?

12 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Dundee.

After Utd signed Shankland, it was obvious their rivals would be in for a big name to placate their support.

still we could always test Plastic Whistle's resolve with the offer of a "glamour friendly" and two empty ginger bottles to spirit Miller away from them?

10 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

I've gone full circle and I'm now convinced the club is going to pull some mad deals out the bag. This is based on nothing except blind optimism and the fact that we've done some very good, very late, deals in the recent past.

I'm less optimistic that these will be in place for Hibs. I was considering getting the train up the coast for that game but I think it might be a bit bleak.

12 hours ago, Sonny said:

as you say........................  it's an opinion

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
20 hours ago, Ethan said:

Could May sign today?

He better hurry up, it's almost tomorrow. 

Don't be silly; if it was tomorrow today would be yesterday and since yesterday was Thursday tomorrow would be Friday and as far as I remember it's Saturday tomorrow     ......................................... surely?  😎

Apparently Stevie May was released from his contract at Aberdeen before he was supposed to be penning a contract with the fakes. If this is the case it won't be a loan deal. Wonder where Vine is out celebrating tonight with his wad of cash in his back pocket.

3 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

The release might have been conditional?

From what I understand is that he is still essentially contracted until the end of the month. If true then expect news beginning of next month. Supposedly Dundee reduced their offer to May as well.

11 hours ago, jaybee said:

Don't be silly; if it was tomorrow today would be yesterday and since yesterday was Thursday tomorrow would be Friday and as far as I remember it's Saturday tomorrow     ......................................... surely?  😎

Nope. It's Saturday today. Do keep up.

Has May signed tomorrow?