Stevie May

Sonny

5 hours ago, stlucifer said:
17 hours ago, jaybee said:

Don't be silly; if it was tomorrow today would be yesterday and since yesterday was Thursday tomorrow would be Friday and as far as I remember it's Saturday tomorrow     ......................................... surely?  😎

Nope. It's Saturday today. Do keep up.

Has May signed tomorrow?

Ermmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ,headache need to lie down ................. hope so, I think .  😎

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

You know how others feel when they read your posts. 

Yes but wouldn't it be lovely if he slept more often..................................... Kind of reminds me of something my grandad told me years ago.  He was I  don't know how old.................. but OLD and he used to live in the Highlands pre WW2, anyway he was telling us kids at a family get together about an old sheepdog he had when he was younger, he said it were getting on in years ; but when it was curled up by the hearth it was fine but when it woke up and went out it did nothing but pester him day after day after day .................. until one day he was fed up with it and shot it!. 

Do you think you know who might ............................... na never, far too many zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's          😎

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 3:25 PM, jaybee said:

Yes but wouldn't it be lovely if he slept more often..................................... Kind of reminds me of something my grandad told me years ago.  He was I  don't know how old.................. but OLD and he used to live in the Highlands pre WW2, anyway he was telling us kids at a family get together about an old sheepdog he had when he was younger, he said it were getting on in years ; but when it was curled up by the hearth it was fine but when it woke up and went out it did nothing but pester him day after day after day .................. until one day he was fed up with it and shot it!. 

Do you think you know who might ............................... na never, far too many zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's          😎

It's official.

This forum's going to the dogs.

2 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Don’t get the hype surrounding our fans regarding possibly signing May. He’s been shite for years.

I agree. The last good season he had was 2012 - 13 - 6 years ago. He may well peak again, but chances not high.

I think a younger upcoming unknown who finds the net plenty would be far better - Like Kambieri when Hibs got him and he scored 9 goals in his first 14 or so games...

Cannot see May scoring double figure in the Premiership in the coming season... Bookies will give anyone good odds on that I suspect.

May would be a good signing if he’s played through the middle. He’s still a natural finisher but he gets played out of position at Aberdeen, so he’s never in the right place to score.

Similar to Stewart at Killie. Played through the middle, gets a good goalscoring record goes back to Aberdeen, punted out wide again and he’s shite.

48 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

May would be a good signing if he’s played through the middle. He’s still a natural finisher but he gets played out of position at Aberdeen, so he’s never in the right place to score.

Similar to Stewart at Killie. Played through the middle, gets a good goalscoring record goes back to Aberdeen, punted out wide again and he’s shite.

May missed a shitload of decent chances at Aberdeen. Being out wide didn’t stop him from having the chance to score (Niall McGinn was a regular scorer), but anytime May had the chance he made a total hash of it.

Dons fans were always quick to defend Stewart on that point, the same couldn’t be said regarding May. He hasn’t been a natural finisher since the St Johnstone days, although he wasn’t helped by a serious knee injury down south.

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

I agree. The last good season he had was 2012 - 13 - 6 years ago. He may well peak again, but chances not high.

I think a younger upcoming unknown who finds the net plenty would be far better - Like Kambieri when Hibs got him and he scored 9 goals in his first 14 or so games...

Cannot see May scoring double figure in the Premiership in the coming season... Bookies will give anyone good odds on that I suspect.

Problem is, every club is looking for a prolific goalscorer. 

As mentioned by @Dan Is The Man, he has been played out of position at Aberdeen. They play with a target man  (Cosgrove) and play two high attackers pronged off each side of him. This is not Mays position. It actually surprised me when they signed him as he wasnt the kind of player that fitted the profile, when Rooney was the main striker at the time.

55 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Problem is, every club is looking for a prolific goalscorer. 

As mentioned by @Dan Is The Man, he has been played out of position at Aberdeen. They play with a target man  (Cosgrove) and play two high attackers pronged off each side of him. This is not Mays position. It actually surprised me when they signed him as he wasnt the kind of player that fitted the profile, when Rooney was the main striker at the time.

I don't buy this argument. No manager told him he had to stay out wide and could not wander into scoring positions. Especially if the attack came on the opposite wing from the one he was on. Hence why Niall McGinn and others before him scored fr more up front for the Dons.

Why would anyone tell a natural finisher - play out wide and stay out there, we don't want you scoring the goals....  😎

In  addition yes we all want a prolific scorer, my point is an unknown younger player may well do a job rather than a has been (Not saying May is a complete has been, but my point was guys who wanted good money as they had been good in the distant past - like 6 seasons ago...)

Edited by Sweeper07