Stevie May

Sonny

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Long John Baldy said:

Not quite a poor mans Shankland as he's been prolific in the top league.

I would have taken May over any of our strikers when he was available as, while he's lost form, he's a known quantity in Scotland, our current crop are not.

He could be the main reason St Johnstone climb the league and we don't.

2017-19  61 appearances 7 goals - 1 in 9 games not exactly prolific.

2009-14 62 appearances 23 goals - 1 in just over 2.5 games 

5-10 history very decent.

Recent history poor for a striker 

The bottom line no matter who we have as our strikers unless there is service goals will be hard to come by and we need others to contribute 

We should be focussing on Ross Stewart,

Young  lad who was told by Stubbs, he would never cut it and Alloa was his level. I know about young Ross thru his Dad,  and he loved working with Goody at Alloa. Lets not forget his goals got them promoted.

Ross Stewart would love to work with Goody again, but obviously now has a considerable price tag. But watching this young lad , he is miles better than the old , slow and past it strikers we have ………………

Would not touch Stevie May - he also is way past his best

1 hour ago, Long John Baldy said:

It was fairly well known he was played out of position, and as a sub, when at Aberdeen so not exactly a decent opportunity for him to score many goals.

Aberdeen were one of the teams creating more scoring opportunities in the league, and May had his fair share of scoring chances. He was wasteful, often missing great opportunities to score. Regardless of playing out wide, he could easily have added more goals and failed to do so. He’s never been the same player since his injury and I doubt we’d be any better off with him.

1 hour ago, Long John Baldy said:

You decided to focus on one word, prolific, and, overall, maybe not but his form before he went to England certainly was.

It was fairly well known he was played out of position, and as a sub, when at Aberdeen so not exactly a decent opportunity for him to score many goals.

My main point is he knows the Scottish game, and while we can go on about the lack of service there's not much doubt our current strikers are never going to be prolific. 

You are the one that saidhe was "prolific" all i have done has put his record up to look at and its not "prolific" its irrelevant if was sub or not 61 appearances from 17-19 with 7 goals i think not.