4 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

IMO the guy is a show pony, that's when he's occasionally shoed up and out of his stable for a trot. 

Could Goodwin reign him in, saddle him up, get the blinkers off him and get him Race ready ?

Presently the guy  he has the mane, that's about it.

Aberdeen fans saying May was played out of position. Could have been part of his poor return. His experience alone would be good for our strikers. Pull this off it would be great for us. Sadly I cant see it. 

10 hours ago, gstretchuk said:
10 hours ago, Kemp said:

Yep, would be a great signing for us. Unlikely to happen though.

U know absolutely f**k all about football..he is utter pish...

And you know F**k all about .........................  most things. apart from taxis that is 😎

Not harsh at all. He's not been very good at Aberdeen and despite all his 'graft' he's produced hee haw. Hence why Aberdeen are trying to shift him.
I'm not really interested in strikers that 'graft' all over the place, we've had plenty of them in past who weren't very good. I'm interested in strikers that score goals and Stevie May isn't one of them anymore.

He’s produced hee haw cos they’ve played him out wide and not as the main striker, where he played when he made his name.

They’re trying to shift him cos they have Cosgrove as their main striker now.

He’s still young. Played as a main striker, I reckon May would score goals again.

Main concern about May - aside from injury record is that he's lost a yard of pace as a result of the injuries.

He'd certainly be an interesting signing but Tommy Wright confirmed he's went to his chairman to bring him back and the pull of his first club just might be too great.

19 hours ago, gstretchuk said:

Tell me how a guy signing in a striking position who doesn't score goals would be a great signing?

And any striker who scored 20+ goals last season is well out of our price range. 

Signing players who have shown in the past that they can do a job is what we are after. Andreu is exactly the same type of signing. Unfortunately, it is the market that we have to play in. 

Edited by Prague Buddie

5 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Well rumour over on Pie and bovril have us interested in a better striker than Stevie May ( no name )  At least we seem to be looking at a high caliber of player. 

There's no chance that rumour is made up.

19 hours ago, Seaside Nipper said:

IMO the guy is a show pony, that's when he's occasionally shoed up and out of his stable for a trot. 

Could Goodwin reign him in, saddle him up, get the blinkers off him and get him Race ready ?

Presently the guy  he has the mane, that's about it.

No need to nag on about it, perhaps he could flourish with us in a stable environment? Take him out for a good canter every morning, lets see him vault some fences, cool him down with a bucket of water over the back and get him some nosebag.

will be difficult to coral him down at the SDA, he wont want to be tied down, or led by the nose. A lot will be down to his trainers.

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Well rumour over on Pie and bovril have us interested in a better striker than Stevie May ( no name )  At least we seem to be looking at a high caliber of player. 

One that scores goals then ? 

Hope May goes to the fermers- big wage and no goals.

The question on him being any good for us is moot now - if St Johnstone are in the race it's surely a no brainer for May
But sometimes going back especially to your home town team doesn't always workout. Hes a hard working player no doubt about that. But his goalscoring record since his early days has been poor. When he signed for Aberdeen I thought he would score a few.

No need to nag on about it, perhaps he could flourish with us in a stable environment? Take him out for a good canter every morning, lets see him vault some fences, cool him down with a bucket of water over the back and get him some nosebag.
will be difficult to coral him down at the SDA, he wont want to be tied down, or led by the nose. A lot will be down to his trainers.
I hope these puns aren't going to go on furlong

At this point in his career it’s about stepping down further and further until he remembers how to score again. I guess the likes of ourselves and the fake Saints are the next level down for now. He may have been out of position at Aberdeen, but that didn’t stop him getting chances, and more often than not he was very wasteful with those opportunities. 

But sometimes going back especially to your home town team doesn't always workout. Hes a hard working player no doubt about that. But his goalscoring record since his early days has been poor. When he signed for Aberdeen I thought he would score a few.
Agreed but I still reckon he will see St Johnstone as a far better option.

In terms of how valuable he would be for us, it seems he has had wildly different experiences at different clubs. If we got the St Johnstone May we would have won a watch, Aberdeen May not so much. I'd have been tempted to take a punt.

37 minutes ago, st jock said:
2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I hope these puns aren't going to go on furlong

Why not?

As long as someBuddie gets a wee s mile?

A lot of talk here but we all know May won't be signing for us. His agent has included our name in the press to help with negotations elsewhere. He will be looking for a bigger club, and if he can't get one then St Johnstone is the fallback option.