2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

If we sign him is he just looking to go out to stud on a pay day, or will he end up being the glue that holds us together?

If he ends up being a donkey we'll be saddled with him and there'll be heehaw we can do about it.

9 hours ago, Prague Buddie said:

And any striker who scored 20+ goals last season is well out of our price range. 

Signing players who have shown in the past that they can do a job is what we are after. Andreu is exactly the same type of signing. Unfortunately, it is the market that we have to play in. 

No point even signing them then...sign plays with potential..no has-beens...

11 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

No point even signing them then...sign plays with potential..no has-beens...

I agree but you can't only go with guys who can potentially turn out good. There has to be a mix.

I think Andreu is a quite good signing. Season before last he was the one opposition player (at Dundee Utd) that I'd have took for us. as he looked impressive against us.

I actually agree with you that I'm not so sure May would be as good a signing - he's not quite a has-been as only 25 but he's not really managed to recover, form wise, from all of his injuries at Preston.

Edited by djchapsticks

3 hours ago, gstretchuk said:
21 hours ago, jaybee said:

And you know F**k all about .........................  most things. apart from taxis that is 😎

And u still can't say why signing a non-scoring striker would be great....

Actually I agree with you re Stevie May; what made me respond the way I did was what you said   "U know absolutely f**k all about football..he is utter pish..."  That my friend is not exactly what one might consider a constructive discussion ................ which might follow the lines of ................ You are really not well versed in the ways of Fitba ( notice the use of your vernacular) I think he is not very good at all.......   that is a constructive debate to which I am sure Mr Kemp would have responded nicely.  Ergo I did not disagree with you per se simply with your argumentative post. I think you should apologise to Mr Kemp, you might have upset him.        

On 7/6/2019 at 5:55 PM, djchapsticks said:

I agree but you can't only go with guys who can potentially turn out good. There has to be a mix.

I think Andreu is a quite good signing. Season before last he was the one opposition player (at Dundee Utd) that I'd have took for us. as he looked impressive against us.

I actually agree with you that I'm not so sure May would be as good a signing - he's not quite a has-been as only 25 but he's not really managed to recover, form wise, from all of his injuries at Preston.

May was an exciting young player. He has found things tougher than I thought he would to step up to a higher level. I'm not so sure that going back to Perth would be the best move for him. A change of scene might be better - Paisley perhaps.

As some have remarked, it seems more likely he will end up back in Perth.

The player has certainly not lived up the form shown in his earlier career BUT there was a player in there. At his best, fast, strong and could make stuff happen on his own.

It's as others have remarked, it all depends on which Stevie May turns up....

Lol some of the comments on here saying they wouldn’t touch Stevie may you think our current crop of strikers would even make the Aberdeen bench?

I would take Stevie may all day long a similar but better player to Gavin Reilly who failed at hearts but done a brilliant job for us.

2 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Lol some of the comments on here saying they wouldn’t touch Stevie may you think our current crop of strikers would even make the Aberdeen bench?

I would take Stevie may all day long a similar but better player to Gavin Reilly who failed at hearts but done a brilliant job for us.

Most of us would take him , most of us can work out it wont be us for obvious reasons. 

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 2:32 PM, stlucifer said:

If he ends up being a donkey we'll be saddled with him and there'll be heehaw we can do about it.

Whoa there, we can always hoof him again, especially if he is hot to trot, neigh bother. Too many folk on their high horse about this. No need for erm, long faces

2 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Whoa there, we can always hoof him again, especially if he is hot to trot, neigh bother. Too many folk on their high horse about this. No need for erm, long faces

I would be a striker addict if I was a manager. I would just keep bringing them on board in the hope that regardless of how badly a striker has struggled elsewhere Saints just turn out to be the perfect fit - like past goal scoring machines Dougie Somner, Jimmy Bone and Mark Yardley. Get May in!

31 minutes ago, magnus said:

I would be a striker addict if I was a manager. I would just keep bringing them on board in the hope that regardless of how badly a striker has struggled elsewhere Saints just turn out to be the perfect fit - like past goal scoring machines Dougie Somner, Jimmy Bone and Mark Yardley. Get May in!

Meet the Next Jack Ross:lol:

12 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

He’s nothing like Gavin Reilly as a player!