1 hour ago, Big Yards said:

Both incomplete players. A mixture of both would be good. Reilly’s eye for goal with May’s trickery and Directness 

Why are we talking about GR in the same sentence as Stevie May?

Gavin Reilly worked for us in the championship because that was the level where he was most effective. He wasn't really given a chance at Hearts to prove he could do it in the top league, but he hasn't exactly shone at Bristol Rovers with a goal every 4 games.

He was treated fairly shabbily by AS, but maybe he also realised that he might struggle in the premiership.

SM has managed at least one or maybe two good seasons in the Premiership, and his age is still in his favour to re-find that touch, so if he wanted a challenge, then the Buddies is the place to try it out!

52 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

Gavin Reilly worked for us in the championship because that was the level where he was most effective. He wasn't really given a chance at Hearts to prove he could do it in the top league, but he hasn't exactly shone at Bristol Rovers with a goal every 4 games.

He was treated fairly shabbily by AS, but maybe he also realised that he might struggle in the premiership.

SM has managed at least one or maybe two good seasons in the Premiership, and his age is still in his favour to re-find that touch, so if he wanted a challenge, then the Buddies is the place to try it out!

1 goal in 4 at any level is decent for a striker.

54 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

I get your reasoning, but the facts are Reilly is scoring at a better overall standard than the premiership, whilst May is a non scoring bit part in the overall lower end, and failed to do the business in the league Reilly is now in.

despite what May has achieved in the past, is he the best option Gus can find to give us a genuine goal soring threat? Surely no?

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Never thought we would get May though worth trying. Big Nazon looks to be returning I would say that means no May. 

Nazon isn’t returning.

It’s solely being based on a Haitian Lifestyle website saying we’ve given him some extra time off.

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Never thought we would get May though worth trying. Big Nazon looks to be returning I would say that means no May. 

45 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Nazon isn’t returning.

It’s solely being based on a Haitian Lifestyle website saying we’ve given him some extra time off.

34 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Yea bad journalism it looks like. 

Best one yet 😂

14 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Youre right joined after preston were promoted. Still makes it look like he's been on the slide for a few seasons now.

Stevie May scored 7 goals in the English Championship in 25 starts in season 14/15. Not that bad a record at a high level.

His 2 seasons at Preston more or less written off by a knee ligament injury.

At Aberdeen he's not really been played in his best position, through the middle, and has therefore failed to score goals. However, Greg Stewart has also failed to do the business in 2 separate spells with Aberdeen as a result of being played out of position.

Stevie May scored 20 league goals in his last season in our league while playing in his best position. He's only 26. Therefore, IMO he has potential.

That knee ligament injury may have put paid to him being able to recapture that form however.

14 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

That took a whole lot of effort well done that man You even got a legendary mojo from FS. Your having a good day 🐂

I'm not having a go at you, just wondering when you are going to learn to stop believing every single thing you read online... 

....and then announcing it as fact on here...

....and then admitting it appears to be nonsense 5 minutes later :lol:

Edited by Kemp

7 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I get your reasoning, but the facts are Reilly is scoring at a better overall standard than the premiership, whilst May is a non scoring bit part in the overall lower end, and failed to do the business in the league Reilly is now in.

despite what May has achieved in the past, is he the best option Gus can find to give us a genuine goal soring threat? Surely no?

I also get your reasoning, the English League 1 is probably overall a better quality than the Scottish Premier level if you separate Rangers and Celtic from the mix.

Reilly was treated fairly harshly by the club and I say the Club as opposed to AS, as the Board had obviously backed the principle of a new contract on the table, then withdrew it. 

Football is a harsh game in many respects.

On the fringes of the big time, it can be painfully short, poorly advised and non-advantageous for the players to learn or have a second profession for the moment that they are no longer flavour of the month. I would never have advised a son of mine to pursue the dream, even if he had the skill set.

Anyway, back on track, SM could do us a job, but only if he gets his confidence back and therein lies the gamble. 

Both incomplete players. A mixture of both would be good. Reilly’s eye for goal with May’s trickery and Directness 

[emoji23][emoji23]

Gavin Reilly Scottish goal scoring stats
Championship 137 apps 38 goals
Premiership 24 apps 4 goals

Stevie may scottish goal scoring stats
Championship 34 apps 26 goals
Premiership 113 apps 29 goals

If only Stevie may had Gavin Reillys eye for a goal[emoji23]

2 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Gavin Reilly Scottish goal scoring stats
Championship 137 apps 38 goals
Premiership 24 apps 4 goals

Stevie may scottish goal scoring stats
Championship 34 apps 26 goals
Premiership 113 apps 29 goals

If only Stevie may had Gavin Reillys eye for a goalemoji23.png

I agree. It is absurd to discuss if May is good enough for St Mirren. Will be a solid signing wherever he goes, even if he doesn’t hit the heights of his early days.

10 hours ago, Kemp said:

I agree. It is absurd to discuss if May is good enough for St Mirren. Will be a solid signing wherever he goes, even if he doesn’t hit the heights of his early days.

Solid signing in what way? Signed to score goals but doesn't so how is that beneficial to anybody who signs a non-scoring striker?