Qarabag make offer for Hladky

TBH if a bid has come in and he goes this is the model set up by the club..... use stats to identify potential undervalued talent, sign them give them a stage and take the profit ( less VAT obviously 🤐 ) 

Would be disappointed to see him leave but would rather this sort of thing happened with him being a success than having a team full of jobbers that are barely adequate and won’t go any higher. 

Edited by DumboBud

1 hour ago, Hambud said:

Hibs did not make McGinn a 15m player. That was done by the BT and Sky money pumped into the English game.

While I agree it would be better to to get more money for players I'm not sure there is much we can do. We are hamstrung by length of contract rules and the fact young players rarely want to sign a second or third contract with us.

McLean kept signing contracts until he was too old to get us a development fee.

McGinn had let his contact run down, he then had a honking season with us. Whilst most of us had seen potential in his earlier career his third season was so poor was he really deserving of us breaking the bank to try to keep him. In hindsight yes at the time not really.

Mallan, Mccalister and Morgan all left (from the Championship) with around 3-6 months left on their contracts. They had all been offered new deals but they were also being influenced by the very ambitious Jack Ross.

I'm not sure what else could have been done. Offer bigger salaries to the younger players problem there is the risk they go all Billy big bawz as they are earning more than other experienced players.

1. Stay in the Premier League

2. Run the club prudently financially so there never needs to be a panic sale ala Kenny McLean.

3. Employ a skilled negotiator to tie down the young players on long term contracts with appropriate pay increases and release fees to bigger clubs included.

4. Make it known in the press and across the game that we are in a good financial position thanks to having no debt and the backing of SMISA, and we do not need to sell anyone on the cheap.

5. Make it well known that we see a player like Hladky as worth potentially several places in the league table & a possible further run in the cup. Refuse to sell him for under 7 figures plus a sell on clause.

The whole thing falls apart of course if we run the place like a bowling club and do indeed need to panic sell players. I have no problem with our players going on to bigger and better things and accept you can't always manage to strike a good deal, but its a f**king nonsense to see the likes of McGinn and Mallan playing at Hibs rather than with us.

We are all forgetting he bought out his contract at his previous club. Hladky could have a low release clause in his contract. Asking for millions etc could be irrelevant if he can leave for say 100k. Even if we do want to hang onto him any release clause would see him leave regardless. 

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

1. Stay in the Premier League

2. Run the club prudently financially so there never needs to be a panic sale ala Kenny McLean.

3. Employ a skilled negotiator to tie down the young players on long term contracts with appropriate pay increases and release fees to bigger clubs included.

4. Make it known in the press and across the game that we are in a good financial position thanks to having no debt and the backing of SMISA, and we do not need to sell anyone on the cheap.

5. Make it well known that we see a player like Hladky as worth potentially several places in the league table & a possible further run in the cup. Refuse to sell him for under 7 figures plus a sell on clause.

The whole thing falls apart of course if we run the place like a bowling club and do indeed need to panic sell players. I have no problem with our players going on to bigger and better things and accept you can't always manage to strike a good deal, but its a f**king nonsense to see the likes of McGinn and Mallan playing at Hibs rather than with us.

I agree with everything but the first sentence in the last paragraph, but then again you do seem to be fixated by the B.O.D. and their (in your opinion) inadequacies.  I particularly think your point on Hladky is spot on though; I would say that anything under 500K is not worth taking; even if he leaves next year for nothing.  I believe that keeping him would vastly improve our likelihood of staying in this league and consequently allow more time for the team to gel and to get acclimated to the more intense, faster pace and quality of opposition that the Premier league offers; compared to the Championship.  That extra year should leave us far better equipped to push on than simply trying to survive.

On 7/6/2019 at 4:10 PM, Big Yards said:

We relied on McGinn getting a big move from Hibs. If he hadn’t we would’ve made peanuts just like we did with McLean and Morgan. All Scotland internationals now.

Motherwell were about to get 3 million for one of their 19 year olds. Couldn’t see us demanding that sort of fee for anyone!

The only club in the UK prepared to discuss paying the development fee for John McGinn were Hibs. You can't sell a good young player for £1m+ to a Scottish championship club (as Hibs were when they signed McGinn) unless you have clubs competing to sign a player who still has a year or two left on his contract. McGinn was offered a new deal and wouldn't sign one and was out of contract and 1 UK club and 1 US club were the sum total of clubs prepared to part with any cash to sign him at that time.

On 7/6/2019 at 6:22 PM, Kemp said:

McGinn is worth about 15m now (quoted 40m in the press the other week but I'll ignore that). The jump in his value from us to Hibs two years later seemed absurd to me. We could certainly have got a lot more for McGinn, McLean, Mallan and Morgan. I don't see any argument with the original point in the thread that clubs get a reputation of being easy or difficult to deal with, and have a reputation for being mega rich or broke, or something in between. We need to move away from the "full house" reputation of easy to deal with, broke, and run by a circus troupe.

McGinn's value has multiplied after 1 successful season for an English Championship team who won promotion to the EPL. Hardly comparable with leaving a relegated club at the end of his contract to move to a Scottish Championship club.

Hoping the club do their upmost to keep a hold of Vàclav for the season ahead.

One of the best keepers at the club in recent times.

I'd rather see him leave for nothing in tje summer than we lose him now for peanuts and we struggle to find someone to replace him.

3 hours ago, uhura said:

What about selling him and using the money to buy Popescu. 

I’ve not read all the posts on here and I appreciate someone else may have made exactly the same point 

From what I gather though; Popescu is ashit goalie.        😎

10 hours ago, Dan Is The Man said:

If they're willing to offer 6 times his current wages,  maybe they can afford to offer 6 times what they've offered. 

Edited by munoz