Qarabag make offer for Hladky

6 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
23 minutes ago, jaybee said:
Not a dilemma at all if you bothered to read what has been posted, my thoughts and those of several others are he is worth more to the club if he can help us stay in this league as opposed to say £300k in cash. Which; monetarily has the greatest value do you think?

Whilst I agree with your point...
This board will take the easy money every time!

see my latest/ last/ post

Edited by jaybee
brain can't keep up with mouth

2 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Those were the days my friend we thought they'd never end

we'd sing and dance forever and a day

we'd live the life we choose we'd fight and never lose 

those were the days oh yes those were the days

etc etc

Ah.... Those WERE the days!

We used to sing the tune of that on the sunlit uplands of Love Street, in the Sixties.

Modified the lyrics, of course.  :)

Along the lines of...

”St Murn,  St Murn, St Murn, St Murn, 

St Murn,  St Murn, St Murn, St Murn, 

St Murn,  St Murn - St Murn, St Murn, St Murn.

St Murn,  St Murn, St Murn,

St Murn,  St Murn, St Murn, St Murn, St Murn!”

St Lucifer would sell his soul to come up with such poetry...

5 minutes ago, antrin said:
13 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Those were the days my friend we thought they'd never end

we'd sing and dance forever and a day

we'd live the life we choose we'd fight and never lose 

those were the days oh yes those were the days

etc etc

We used to sing the tune of that on the sunlit uplands of Love Street, in the Sixties.

Along the lines of...

I remember it well.............   always thought whoever wrote the lyrics was a genius.      😎

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

Along the lines of...

St Lucifer would sell his soul to come up with such poetry...

There was a better version of it in the 70's + 80's aimed at the mob from Govan.........and it came true.

Die,die,die,die ya h***

Die,die,die, ya h***

Die,die,die,die,die,die,die,die ya h***

41 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Another way of looking at it is , investing the money in 3 - 5 players with a view of finding and couple of other gems , with a view of selling them on . And hopefully build a stronger team in the process .

Correct 

38 minutes ago, jaybee said:

I remember it well.............   always thought whoever wrote the lyrics was a genius.      😎

I can’t disagree.   Thank you.  :)

36 minutes ago, HSS said:

There was a better version of it in the 70's + 80's aimed at the mob from Govan.........and it came true.

Die,die,die,die ya h***

Die,die,die, ya h***

Die,die,die,die,die,die,die,die ya h***

Aye...  the word, “hasterisk” hudnae been invented in the Sixties, but we all thought that, anyway...

5 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Agree with the first part of your post.

Re the second part though, for some reason Hladky doesn’t strike me as that type of guy. I have absolutely no basis for saying that though. 🤣

He probably isnt hat type of guy. But i bet his agent IS! And thats the root of discontent with players whose club they believe are asking too much. The agent gets in the players head and says "if the buyers have to pay more than £xxxx to sign you, you wont get a signing on fee, or it will be slashed." Meaning the agent misses out on that bung too!

the agent is incentivised to get a player released as cheap as possible for a nice wedge to share with the player.

41 minutes ago, jaybee said:

That sounds like gambling............................   and ma mammy telt me neeer tae gamble as it's a mugs game. Keep whit ye got as it wis hard enuf tae git it .  😎

Also a gamble though, just of another kind. 

Have to say people suggesting he's worth £300k plus.... arent living in the real world. If thats the case then why did we laugh at Popescu's club wanting £350k for him?

The value of both is about the same imo, and if the board chase £200k plus then they will either be embarrassed and let him go for £100k on deadline day, or face him as suggested previously signing a pca in January and walking for nowt next summer or accepting two copies of the Beano and a Curly Wurly to release him in Jan to his pca club.

take the best offer available now, and use it to nick Dun Utd's keeper on a three year deal with the opportunity to sell him at a handsome profit next summer.

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

take the best offer available now, and use it to nick Dun Utd's keeper on a three year deal with the opportunity to sell him at a handsome profit next summer.

He was excellent in those playoffs, mind. Some worldie saves; kept them in it more than once.

9 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Have to say people suggesting he's worth £300k plus.... arent living in the real world. If thats the case then why did we laugh at Popescu's club wanting £350k for him?

The value of both is about the same imo, and if the board chase £200k plus then they will either be embarrassed and let him go for £100k on deadline day, or face him as suggested previously signing a pca in January and walking for nowt next summer or accepting two copies of the Beano and a Curly Wurly to release him in Jan to his pca club.

They’ve offered £200k and it’s been immediately rejected, of course He’s valued at more than that. A very usual tactic for teams to try and low ball a first offer. Hardly any transfer in modern day football goes on the first offer unless it meets a release clause but St Mirren should just accept the money and run?

No one laughed at Popescu valuation, just hoped an arrangement could be agreed given they don’t seem to want him for their squad this season. If we didn’t want Hladky I’m sure we’d be happy with around £200k 

for someone that has been wrong so often in underselling our club & board, it’s unbelievable you still engage with such ridiculous suggestions as, we would accept 50% of this offer on deadline day. Where do you come up with this stuff? :lol:

38 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

They’ve offered £200k and it’s been immediately rejected, of course He’s valued at more than that. A very usual tactic for teams to try and low ball a first offer. Hardly any transfer in modern day football goes on the first offer unless it meets a release clause but St Mirren should just accept the money and run?

No one laughed at Popescu valuation, just hoped an arrangement could be agreed given they don’t seem to want him for their squad this season. If we didn’t want Hladky I’m sure we’d be happy with around £200k 

for someone that has been wrong so often in underselling our club & board, it’s unbelievable you still engage with such ridiculous suggestions as, we would accept 50% of this offer on deadline day. Where do you come up with this stuff? :lol:

Think that's right. Nobody laughed at Popescu valuation or suggested that Dinamo had a cheek. It was more along the lines of "it's a bit rich for our blood".

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 2:09 AM, Big Yards said:

See this is exactly the reason we’re pushovers as a club. It’s not worth losing our top keeper for 200k

So if he is not worth losing for this figure - we could 1. extend his contract, or 2. wait for higher bids.

Top keeper definitely worth over 0.5 Million and a real asset to us.

My preference is option 1. But to be honest, I would not be surprised if he is away before the League season begins... hope I am wrong though... and option 2 kicks in after a 2 year extension...

Edited by Sweeper07

13 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

There is no way he is going to sign a contract extension, that will be option 100 on his agents agenda !

Indeed, next to no chance at this stage.

Hold our nerve and get as much as possible, we need every penny as we're in need of quite a few players with the season almost upon us. 

8 hours ago, TopCat said:

Hladky will be away either this summer for a fee or next summer for nothing. Likely sign a PCA in January if he doesn’t go now.

Dilemma for the board, take the money or keep the player for a year and then lose him for nothing.

What a wonderful dilema for us to have.

Just now, munoz said:

That depends on the amount offered. 

I wish we had 11 such dilemmas right now. Don't you?

Players in demand because of their quality can surely only be a good thing Munoz.

Each for at least £1m would be even better. I can dream.

6 hours ago, Danny said:

Another thing that worries me in this is that Lyness resigned for Saints He left last year dropping two divisions because he wanted to be a starter Yet he signed here with Hladky ahead of him? Does he know something?

I don't believe that was the case. We had Rodgers on our books and were already on the verge of bringing in Hladky. The club couldn't afford to have 3 goalies. Unfortunate the Rodgers situation left him with no other option than to take an offer down the leagues. Possibly was assured we would come back for him in the summer if he kept himself ticking over and Rodgers was off our books

43 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

I don't believe that was the case. We had Rodgers on our books and were already on the verge of bringing in Hladky. The club couldn't afford to have 3 goalies. Unfortunate the Rodgers situation left him with no other option than to take an offer down the leagues. Possibly was assured we would come back for him in the summer if he kept himself ticking over and Rodgers was off our books

Sounds like a complicated Loan deal with shades of grey lol. As long as he is good I'm happy. St Mirren team tweet at the Spanish Airport has GLS , Goodwin , Tony smiling from ear to ear. I can feel something good is coming very soon. 

2 hours ago, buddiecat said:

Oh i don't know i've heard they have very good dog food and even have restaurants selling it.

I've been to Baku in Azerbaijan a number of times. The city has smartened up and is now also a tourist destination on the Silk Route.

Big, bustling, busy city. No backwater.