Qarabag make offer for Hladky

22 hours ago, bazil85 said:

He ain’t signing a new contract with a club that can offer 6X his salary chasing him. 

That'll only change if interest cools on him. 

I think interest may gather over the summer, though he has said his ambition is to play in England one day. As much as Qarabag may offer good wages, he would be pulling himself further away from his dream by moving to a country that takes about 2months to travel to.

48 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

I think interest may gather over the summer, though he has said his ambition is to play in England one day. As much as Qarabag may offer good wages, he would be pulling himself further away from his dream by moving to a country that takes about 2months to travel to.

It doesn't seem to have bothered a certain manager of the Geordie Boys or a money grabbing twat from the Hammers heading off for their $s in a far flung place...……………….😈

1 hour ago, kevo_smfc said:

I’m pretty sure he would, moving there on a massively bigger wage doesn’t mean he’ll not get to play in England in the future. 

Football is a global sport, if he’s good enough someone will sniff him out... mainly because his agent will see to it. 

A lot of time for TF but I think I’d be surprised if an acceptable offer comes in from that part of the world & he turns down mega money just because we’re closer to England 

3 minutes ago, alanb said:

Random ITK tweeter alert

😂

Praises us for not selling on the cheap... but also describes the fee as 'whopping', which heavily implies we've over-valued him. It's true, mind: if we've been emboldened by other clubs putting their foot down, then great. 

The only downside, of course, is that all players become more expensive. It's like celebrating that your house has gone up in value only to discover everyone else's houses have gone up in value too...

2 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

😂

Praises us for not selling on the cheap... but also describes the fee as 'whopping', which heavily implies we've over-valued him. It's true, mind: if we've been emboldened by other clubs putting their foot down, then great. 

The only downside, of course, is that all players become more expensive. It's like celebrating that your house has gone up in value only to discover everyone else's houses have gone up in value too...

Like any house people will only pay what its worth!

we got Hladky for nowt a few months ago, he played well in a team that narrowly avoided relegation. Will the club pick up anything near £1m for him???

not a hope in hell, that statement only adds to the circus now surrounding Hladky and is likely to speed up his departure, rather than get a full season out of him. His agent will now be working flat out to get in his man's head to force a move. Like i said yesterday, it happens, you take the money and move on. Maybe nicking Dun Utd keepers and then moving him on for a handsome profit. Let it rumble on till the window is shutting, when he may lose form or attitude because of the circus foing on around him...

then the club may have ti accept a much lower fee and struggle to replace him with quality in the time available, or see him sign a pca in January and walk for nowt!

should we get the best fee possible this week and sign a quality replacement, or hang on and hope something more is offered later?

i wonder what cut his former club have negotiated if he is sold on? That might be driving the silly £1m price tag?

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Like any house people will only pay what its worth!

we got Hladky for nowt a few months ago, he played well in a team that narrowly avoided relegation. Will the club pick up anything near £1m for him???

not a hope in hell, that statement only adds to the circus now surrounding Hladky and is likely to speed up his departure, rather than get a full season out of him. His agent will now be working flat out to get in his man's head to force a move. Like i said yesterday, it happens, you take the money and move on. Maybe nicking Dun Utd keepers and then moving him on for a handsome profit. Let it rumble on till the window is shutting, when he may lose form or attitude because of the circus foing on around him...

then the club may have ti accept a much lower fee and struggle to replace him with quality in the time available, or see him sign a pca in January and walk for nowt!

should we get the best fee possible this week and sign a quality replacement, or hang on and hope something more is offered later?

i wonder what cut his former club have negotiated if he is sold on? That might be driving the silly £1m price tag?

But the 'worth' is calculated by looking at the rest of the market and drawing a comparison. If we're currently experiencing Scottish football's Neymar moment, then great, the fees will go up, but so will the perceived value of lower-end players. (I'm not arguing, btw, just discussing/developing the metaphor.)

In fairness, I've seen someone else saying they've heard we're actually after 500k, which to me seems a reasonable and realistic price tag in the circumstances.

Perhaps the £1m talk is just a highball price tag. If the 200k initial bid was true, then it'd make sense to go high and see what they come back with.

18 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

There is no way he is going to sign a contract extension, that will be option 100 on his agents agenda !

Money talks though! At the moment he is on £x and might go and get £5x or whatever, but if a move does not happen he remain on £x for the next year. We could offer him £2x plus agreed to let him go if an agreeable fee is paid. This way he is guaranteed at least double and still is able to take up a higher pay level if it suits the player and the club...

I know there are reasons why agents and players might not buy in to this, but some might...

44 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Money talks though! At the moment he is on £x and might go and get £5x or whatever, but if a move does not happen he remain on £x for the next year. We could offer him £2x plus agreed to let him go if an agreeable fee is paid. This way he is guaranteed at least double and still is able to take up a higher pay level if it suits the player and the club...

I know there are reasons why agents and players might not buy in to this, but some might...

I like this train of thought.