Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Lord Pityme

Sell Now (Hladky) or Jam Tomorrow?

Sell Now (Hladky) or Jam Tomorrow?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts


Well, the club has already knocked back 200k so I cant see 250k being accepted.  

If Qarabag are serious about their interest,  then they'll pay what the club value him at. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, munoz said:

Well, the club has already knocked back 200k so I cant see 250k being accepted.  

If Qarabag are serious about their interest,  then they'll pay what the club value him at. 

Or they won't, and sign him on a pca in January? Is it a risk worth taking? Look how Ayr Utd fecked themselves by not selling Shankland for a handsome payday in January! They hung out, still missed promotion and he walked for nowt!

now he'll be scoring against them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your poll doesn’t offer my preferred option. 

Your option 1 would get my tick if it didn’t contain the bizarre nonsense at the beginning about potentially having to accept a lower offer near the end of the window.

For clarity, unless any offer is sensible, we keep him till his contract run out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Or they won't, and sign him on a pca in January? Is it a risk worth taking? Look how Ayr Utd fecked themselves by not selling Shankland for a handsome payday in January! They hung out, still missed promotion and he walked for nowt!

now he'll be scoring against them!

He is worth more to us than 200k. Would rather have him for a another season and if we get zero for him, so be it. His form last season has already contributed to making us money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Your poll doesn’t offer my preferred option. 

Your option 1 would get my tick if it didn’t contain the bizarre nonsense at the beginning about potentially having to accept a lower offer near the end of the window.

For clarity, unless any offer is sensible, we keep him till his contract run out. 

The option is simply "hang on for a bigger offer' after that its a list of hypothetical possibilities. So you can tick it and add your proviso without felling dirty.

edit: your last line bit like Munoz's position. Yes we would all like him to stay, but what if we end up in the same situation as last season, but cant scarmble out of it?

Relegated, and nothing to show for it when Hladky moves on? Its risky.... is it too risky?

Edited by Lord Pityme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, munoz said:

He is worth more to us than 200k. Would rather have him for a another season and if we get zero for him, so be it. His form last season has already contributed to making us money. 

I think we would all want him to stay, but it's inevitable he wont imo. So best to bite the bullet now and sign another young star we could also sell on for profit? Or as you say hang on to Hladky and potentially see no return? Its a risk either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Or they won't, and sign him on a pca in January? Is it a risk worth taking? Look how Ayr Utd fecked themselves by not selling Shankland for a handsome payday in January! They hung out, still missed promotion and he walked for nowt!

now he'll be scoring against them!

Presumably interested clubs want him now i.e. for this season I don't see the likes of Quarabag being interested on signing him in Jan on a PCA. They will either pay an agreed fee or they will move on to another target. If he goes down the PCA route it's far more likely to be with a team in the UK imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

The option is simply "hang on for a bigger offer' after that its a list of hypothetical possibilities. So you can tick it and add your proviso without felling dirty.

But the point I referred to is completely moot. There are no circumstances under which the club would feel compelled to do that. By knocking back £200k the club aren’t taking a punt on getting a higher amount. They’re simply saying “get real or f**k off and we’ll keep our player”.

Under what circumstances do you think the club would end up taking a worse offer near the end of the window?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Presumably interested clubs want him now i.e. for this season I don't see the likes of Quarabag being interested on signing him in Jan on a PCA. They will either pay an agreed fee or they will move on to another target. If he goes down the PCA route it's far more likely to be with a team in the UK imo.

I'd agree with that, i could see him going to a promoted Dun Utd as they've sold their lad on. Or maybe the likes of Hearts. It would hurt watching him play against us having got nothing for him though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

But the point I referred to is completely moot. There are no circumstances under which the club would feel compelled to do that. By knocking back £200k the club aren’t taking a punt on getting a higher amount. They’re simply saying “get real or f**k off and we’ll keep our player”.

Under what circumstances do you think the club would end up taking a worse offer near the end of the window?

They could feel forced to cash out at a lower amount at the end of the window knowing they will get nothing if he signs a pca in January, or perhaps like Jason Naismith a token amount to release him early.

Ayr stuck to their guns with Shankland, and still missed their goal of promotion. Now he will be lining up against them having walked for free. Its a risk either way, and leaves you open to criticism either way!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

They could feel forced to cash out at a lower amount at the end of the window knowing they will get nothing if he signs a pca in January, or perhaps like Jason Naismith a token amount to release him early.

Ayr stuck to their guns with Shankland, and still missed their goal of promotion. Now he will be lining up against them having walked for free. Its a risk either way, and leaves you open to criticism either way!

Have we not lost more than enough players on the cheap in the last 10years ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes but a punt is a punt. Ayr’s back fired on them. Some you win, some you lose. Maybe our punt might not pay off either. The question is “is it worth it?”. The club have answered that question already by knocking back £200k. If qarabag come back with £500k, the club reassess at that point. 

If it was up to me, I wouldn’t take a penny less than the perceived value of another season in the premiership vs the Championship. Don’t know what that figure is but I suspect it’s more than £500k. If it’s more than a million then I wouldn’t sell him for any less than a million. 

If we ended up keeping him and the gambled paid off then great, if not then so be it. 

ETA that was meant to quote LPM

 

 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, munoz said:

Have we not lost more than enough players on the cheap in the last 10years ? 

Defo agree, it was shocking that McLean, McGinn, Naismith etc were able to run down their contracts. Imagine if it was us whonsold McGinn to Villa..? Think of that fee,plus whatever sell on Hibs get if he gies big time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Yes but a punt is a punt. Ayr’s back fired on them. Some you win, some you lose. Maybe our punt might not pay off either. The question is “is it worth it?”. The club have answered that question already by knocking back £200k. If qarabag come back with £500k, the club reassess at that point. 

If it was up to me, I wouldn’t take a penny less than the perceived value of another season in the premiership vs the Championship. Don’t know what that figure is but I suspect it’s more than £500k. If it’s more than a million then I wouldn’t sell him for any less than a million. 

If we ended up keeping him and the gambled paid off then great, if not then so be it. 

ETA that was meant to quote LPM

 

 

Indeed!

Qarabag or whoever come in with improved offer allowing time to sign quality replacement win-win. Nothing accepted by window closing v risky. 

Always stuck by an old business tip "waiting for the last 10% is for losers" intresting times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What he is worth is only what someone ( Azi's ) are prepared to pay and that we are a willing seller.

Now, if two suitors were after him , then it gets real, our position is strengthened, we might get to something where we cannot say no, until then , this is simply more undermining of attempts at planning anything.

I'm surprised English Championship side(s) have not come calling. Hladky could unquestionably play comfortably in that environment. Indeed, his ambition is to go dahn souff

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

We always accuse our club of selling too cheap, but if you were on the board now faced with these possible options, what would you do?

Ffs we won’t accept a lower offer than the first low ball one at the end of the window. How often can one person be wrong before they stop posting ridiculous suggestions? 

Edited by bazil85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hladky has made no secret of the fact he wants a move to England. Should be trying to put an extra year or 2 on his contract, increase his wage and make an agreement that if any large English club comes in for him we won't stand in his way 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Is there a chance we could sell him , and get him.back for a seasons loan ?

Why would they do that when they could just wait under January and get him on a pre-contract for free? Would amount to the same thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or we could rip up the rulebook and pay more to keep vital players at the club for longer. I understand we have a budget but we will and continue to be a feeder club to even other scottish clubs with similar albeit slightly higher revenue and continue on the merry go round for another decade or two. A mixture of quality, experience and youth has to be combined with getting quality youth players on longer contracts allowing us to negotiate better sell on deals and paying wages to essential players to keep them to progress as a club. Obviously there are limits but until we get a strategy to move forward which I hope Jim, Tony and Gordon are looking at we will always be in the same position we are today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Hladky has made no secret of the fact he wants a move to England. Should be trying to put an extra year or 2 on his contract, increase his wage and make an agreement that if any large English club comes in for him we won't stand in his way 

Football is an insecure occupation. Just like JR, the lure of 5-7 times his current wages is likely to be irresistable.

Baku (despite the English Media recent coverage) is a city in a hurry. Plenty of money around.

The Club ranks above some well known nmes in Europe.

UEFA club rankings[edit]

See also: UEFA coefficient

As of 20 September 2018[58]

Rank Team Coefficient
62 Greece PAOK 20.500
63 Italy Internazionale 20.000
64 Belarus BATE Borisov 19.500
65 Azerbaijan Qarabağ 19.000
66 Spain Celta Vigo 19.000
67 Turkey Galatasaray 18.500
68 Slovenia Maribor 18.500

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Why would they do that when they could just wait under January and get him on a pre-contract for free? Would amount to the same thing. 

To get him signed before another team comes in and to get him game time . Won't be the first time we,ve sold a player and got him back on loan .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...