Sell Now (Hladky) or Jam Tomorrow?

Sell Now (Hladky) or Jam Tomorrow?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should we accept £200-£250k now for Hladky, nick the likes of Dun Utd's keeper and do it all again for a handsome profit since we paid hee-haw for Hladky?

• Hang on for a bigger offer, perhaps running down the clock till the window closes, then having to either accept a lower offer, or see Hladky sign a PCA in January and walk for nothing in May?
    • Sell now at £200 - £250k and nick the likes of Dun Utd's keeper and do it all again for a handsome profit since we paid hee-haw for Hladky?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/15/2019 at 07:36 AM

3 minutes ago, truesaint said:

Or we could rip up the rulebook and pay more to keep vital players at the club for longer. I understand we have a budget but we will and continue to be a feeder club to even other scottish clubs with similar albeit slightly higher revenue and continue on the merry go round for another decade or two. A mixture of quality, experience and youth has to be combined with getting quality youth players on longer contracts allowing us to negotiate better sell on deals and paying wages to essential players to keep them to progress as a club. Obviously there are limits but until we get a strategy to move forward which I hope Jim, Tony and Gordon are looking at we will always be in the same position we are today. 

I see your point but feel that business risk will continue to be the overriding factor in decision making. Achieve 6,000+ Attendances and things might change a little as our utilisaton factor would also enable additional capacity to be built by filling in the corners. More revenue - more spending.

1 minute ago, truesaint said:

Or we could rip up the rulebook and pay more to keep vital players at the club for longer. I understand we have a budget but we will and continue to be a feeder club to even other scottish clubs with similar albeit slightly higher revenue and continue on the merry go round for another decade or two. A mixture of quality, experience and youth has to be combined with getting quality youth players on longer contracts allowing us to negotiate better sell on deals and paying wages to essential players to keep them to progress as a club. Obviously there are limits but until we get a strategy to move forward which I hope Jim, Tony and Gordon are looking at we will always be in the same position we are today. 

^^^^^ apply that logic and ambition to 90%+ of clubs ^^^^

Every  club is a selling club given the right nos, such is life.

The pernicious side of all this is the any sense of loyalty and purpose is ripped up and you are doing well to get anything more than a single season where it comes together.

Can we just field a team of academy kids, yes, is it or would it be acceptable, NO

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Or they won't, and sign him on a pca in January? Is it a risk worth taking? Look how Ayr Utd fecked themselves by not selling Shankland for a handsome payday in January! They hung out, still missed promotion and he walked for nowt!

now he'll be scoring against them!

Ayr got to the play-offs their best finish since Bill Barr was Chairman of the club.  I live in Ayr & work alongside a few Ayr fans, not one of them has expressed any regret at keeping Shankland for the whole season - they said at both windows he should only be sold for "silly money".

From what I've read Qarabag have offered £200k & now £250k & we're holding out for "a whopping £1M" - I suspect £500k will be the area where we start to seriously consider an offer.Assuming we're not compelled to sell financially then I'd rather keep Hladky for the season and see if he could be part of a team that took us to "the next level :rolleyes: " but I'd understand it if the club thought otherwise.

2 hours ago, munoz said:

Well, the club has already knocked back 200k so I cant see 250k being accepted.  

If Qarabag are serious about their interest,  then they'll pay what the club value him at. 

Looking at last years Qarabag signings, they made 1 at £180k, the rest were frees... I am not too convinced they will be back with a suitably higher offer that we will accept...

The worry though is someone else coming in who will pay a suitable amount . . .

8 minutes ago, Desnold said:

If he stays, we have a decent keeper. If he goes, we get a healthier bank balance. Either way it's a good outlook for the season ahead.

I think you are massively underselling him by calling him a “decent keeper”.

In my opinion, barring Alan MacGregor (who is an effin psychopath) he’s the best in the Premiership. 

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I think you are massively underselling him by calling him a “decent keeper”.

In my opinion, barring Alan MacGregor (who is an effin psychopath) he’s the best in the Premiership. 

I probably was.

What I was getting at was that we are in a win win situation. If he goes we are on more than £250k, if he stays...…...

1 hour ago, MenstrieSaint said:

To get him signed before another team comes in and to get him game time . Won't be the first time we,ve sold a player and got him back on loan .

I doubt they would do that because they also run the risk that his form dips or he gets a bad injury in the next 12 months. Risk and reward, they’re more likely to secure him in January for nothing or a token fee to sign him instead of pre contract (which is slightly less secure).

They certainly wouldn’t be offering close to his full value on a season long loan back anyway, it would defy logic.   

we have had players back on loan after getting a fee yes, but that’s been for players where we’d be owed a fee anyway at the end of their contract, like Morgan for example because of his age. 

1 hour ago, Seaside Nipper said:

^^^^^ apply that logic and ambition to 90%+ of clubs ^^^^

Every  club is a selling club given the right nos, such is life.

The pernicious side of all this is the any sense of loyalty and purpose is ripped up and you are doing well to get anything more than a single season where it comes together.

Can we just field a team of academy kids, yes, is it or would it be acceptable, NO

Of course you are correct and everyone has a price but we don't have to be Primark if finances allow it. It isn't just top flight Premier clubs who are investing in players and yes there is a risk such as injury or sudden turn of form. I will go with the percentages though and £500k this season could be £2m next season. Agree with Doakes best keeper in Scotland along with McGregor and saved us from relegation last season. Not just with the penalty kicks but in most games he played in saved us from losing the game. Without him and Popescu to some degree last season we would have been going down via one of the 2 routes. Its similar to the property market and we aren't particularly good at playing the game. Celtic and Rangers have also made their own mistakes but until a player is proven at English Premiership level (or equivalent) their value doesn't jump dramatically but even in the Scottish Premiership he is worth his weight in gold at this precise moment in time.

Without investing in players and panicking when an offer comes in a more considered long term view is required. If we can get keep him and get him on a better contract the likely hood is it will be a good investment and the player will probably end up a better club in the UK with both us and him reaping the benefits.

If I buy a property I buy one through GSPC because solicitors are crap at negotiating sales that they do the legals for. The reputation you gain over a period of time selling players on the cheap sticks and clubs know it. Need to make a stance at some point and realise potential value when we get the opportunity.

To touch on Rickys point of business risk. Football is business and it depends on how you view the risk. Not going to ask the question but I would take the gamble with Hladky if he is happy to sign a deal with better prospects ahead. Then pump the money into corner stands to increase revenue etc etc. I would hope and expect that Gordon understands the difference between good and bad business and sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate. 

It would be interesting from anyone ITK on here to where exactly we are financially

Am I right in saying, we get 1.1m for finishing 11th, last year we get 500k from the Ugly Sisters Euro exploits , we still have some McGinn money ?

We obviously are guarnteed another 1m for being in top league.......

And we didnt have to shelve out OKs 3 year contract ?

Are we not in an alright postion ?

9 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

It would be interesting from anyone ITK on here to where exactly we are financially

Am I right in saying, we get 1.1m for finishing 11th, last year we get 500k from the Ugly Sisters Euro exploits , we still have some McGinn money ?

Are we not in an alright postion ?  I believe we are. Add to this an increase in the number of season ticket sales up 7%.

28 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Knock yourself with the accounts. Interesting read if you know what you are looking for (which may or not be there).

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC005773/filing-history

1 hour ago, truesaint said:

Knock yourself with the accounts. Interesting read if you know what you are looking for (which may or not be there).

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC005773/filing-history

The accounts are over a year out of date.

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Yeh, cos of course, we had no wages and other expenses to pay out! :wacko:

16 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

The accounts are over a year out of date.

Yeh, cos of course, we had no wages and other expenses to pay out! :wacko:

An a normal level headed person would have taken that into account- ie Accounts are what goes in and what comes  out.

We just seem to get the out column from you and its usually originates from your arse  

Appreciated True Saint for the Insight and being ITK not like Wendy being a TK (Total Knob)

You could have waited a bit longer before pointing it out. [emoji12]

They were interesting though.

Looks like the sales of Mallan and Morgan partially funded an operating loss in order to win promotion and we finished the season with £300k in the bank. Indeed, the strategic report confirms as much.

Irrespective of season, as the report states, budgets are set so that expenditure does not exceed expected income.

An a normal level headed person would have taken that into account- ie Accounts are what goes in and what comes  out.

We just seem to get the out column from you and its usually originates from your arse  

Appreciated True Saint for the Insight and being ITK not like Wendy being a TK (Total Knob)

Wibble

PS, as he provided info that didn’t answer your question and is in the public domain, it was hardly ITK

:1eye

The question I have, if Hladky stays and helps keep us in the Premiership this season then leaves on a PCA/free, are we not still earning a profit off him by still being in the Premiership and the riches (!!) that brings? 

I'd imagine if he goes for a free at the end of the season, he'd have recouped any transfer/signing on fee paid to get him many times over through the increased prize money.

18 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Wibble

PS, as he provided info that didn’t answer your question and is in the public domain, it was hardly ITK

:1eye

But , regardless, he did provide info, and assisted,

You know like fellow supporters are meant to do

You should try it

Feck knows which B&W Army your in - Notts County ?

7 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Yes but a punt is a punt. Ayr’s back fired on them. Some you win, some you lose. Maybe our punt might not pay off either. The question is “is it worth it?”. The club have answered that question already by knocking back £200k. If qarabag come back with £500k, the club reassess at that point. 

If it was up to me, I wouldn’t take a penny less than the perceived value of another season in the premiership vs the Championship. Don’t know what that figure is but I suspect it’s more than £500k. If it’s more than a million then I wouldn’t sell him for any less than a million. 

If we ended up keeping him and the gambled paid off then great, if not then so be it. 

ETA that was meant to quote LPM

If they came back with £300k, would that be enough in the next week to 10 days? 😲

On 7/9/2019 at 8:13 PM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Nope. Why would it be?

We have a wonderful ability as a Club, to accept our position and grab some money when it's fluttered at us.

Every player has a price, and as much as I admire your optimism, I suspect that £500k+ for a goalie who has proved himself over one season in Scotland (but obviously not in central Europe) is maybe a bit beyond the ability of our BoDs to negotiate.

…………………… however I have been wrong in the past, and will be again (but still surprised)! 😐😜