Sell Now (Hladky) or Jam Tomorrow?

Sell Now (Hladky) or Jam Tomorrow?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should we accept £200-£250k now for Hladky, nick the likes of Dun Utd's keeper and do it all again for a handsome profit since we paid hee-haw for Hladky?

• Hang on for a bigger offer, perhaps running down the clock till the window closes, then having to either accept a lower offer, or see Hladky sign a PCA in January and walk for nothing in May?
    • Sell now at £200 - £250k and nick the likes of Dun Utd's keeper and do it all again for a handsome profit since we paid hee-haw for Hladky?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/15/2019 at 07:36 AM

7 hours ago, The Original 59er said:

We have a wonderful ability as a Club, to accept our position and grab some money when it's fluttered at us.

Every player has a price, and as much as I admire your optimism, I suspect that £500k+ for a goalie who has proved himself over one season in Scotland (but obviously not in central Europe) is maybe a bit beyond the ability of our BoDs to negotiate.

…………………… however I have been wrong in the past, and will be again (but still surprised)! 😐😜

But I read your post as asking ME if I’d accept £300k. Which I wouldn’t for reason already stated. That’s why I was confused by the question.

If your asking whether I think the club would accept it I’ve no idea. But that was really the thrust of my post. Nothing the club could do would surprise me. 

A few buds wondering now if Qarabag ever put an offer in, based on the fact they couldnt register Hladky for European football at present?

was it jus a ruse by Scott because the club needs the funds after paying Oran off? Ouch... no wonder he is breaching confidentiality agreements, thats gonna smart!

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

A few buds wondering now if Qarabag ever put an offer in, based on the fact they couldnt register Hladky for European football at present?

was it jus a ruse by Scott because the club needs the funds after paying Oran off? Ouch... no wonder he is breaching confidentiality agreements, thats gonna smart!

I'm curious as to why you think up so much negative stuff  ? It's very strange every opportunity to attack those running the club and SMISA. You must have a lot of anger running through your body it's not healthy. 

18 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I'm curious as to why you think up so much negative stuff  ? It's very strange every opportunity to attack those running the club and SMISA. You must have a lot of anger running through your body it's not healthy. 

Sorry, why is it negative? Qarabag have never confirmed they made ANY offer! I mean if you have proof they did i am sure we'd all like to see it?

29 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

That makes no sense at all - if they never bid in the first place how were we going to receive cash from them to alleviate this perceived skintness ???

14 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Sorry, why is it negative? Qarabag have never confirmed they made ANY offer! I mean if you have proof they did i am sure we'd all like to see it?

- we don’t know OK was paid off

- we don’t know GLS breached confidentiality 

It still amazes me how much of a hypocrite you can be in the space of two or three messages. Claim something without proof one second, ask for proof on something else the next. 

Edit* also we do know the bid came in, Tony confirmed it and said it was nowhere near what we were looking for. 

Edited by bazil85

39 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I don't think the club are forcibly trying to start a bidding war by making up offer/  We want to keep him at the club. If anything, mentioning other clubs are interested is certainly a way of forcing the bidding teams hand to up their offer. 

Did Oran get a pay off though? You seem to be in the know.

44 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Unless they have an embargo, they have until the 19th of July to register players for the next round, assuming the qualify.

They had until the 5th of July to register players for current round, think the reported offer was mooted before then.

9 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

I don't think the club are forcibly trying to start a bidding war by making up offer/  We want to keep him at the club. If anything, mentioning other clubs are interested is certainly a way of forcing the bidding teams hand to up their offer. 

Yeah but... Tony F was in the media suggesting Celtic or Rangers should be offering a million for him if I remember correctly. So that kinda debunks your point!

6 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Unless they have an embargo, they have until the 19th of July to register players for the next round, assuming the qualify.

They had until the 5th of July to register players for current round, think the reported offer was mooted before then.

Might have happened, might only have been an equiry? Re the point above the club have already been hawking him around.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Maybe it was Irish League Insider posing as StMirren/Qarabag who put in a bid.....that makes sense.:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

You've got some imagination luv it  :lol: 

Yeah but... Tony F was in the media suggesting Celtic or Rangers should be offering a million for him if I remember correctly. So that kinda debunks your point!

To be fair the Sevvies think Morelos is worth at least £15m, so if they want Hladky they should be offering a lot more than £1m based on the Sevconian Calculator.

Edited by Cornwall_Saint
Quoted the wrong fecking quote

4 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

If he signed as he indicated in his rebuff of Scott's statement, a confidentiality agreement. Then that indicates a settlement (pay off) has been agreed between employer, and employee. The club have confirmed he was not sacked!

Given he had two years of his contract to run, and publicly stated he was happy to continue in his job whilst the dispute with the chairman was resolved. To then be told to stay away from the club (effectively gardening leave) until an agreement to terminate his employment had been reached, that again indicates a pay off.

the fact Scott is still raging and breaching said confidentiality agreement would seem to indicate how well Oran did out of it.

if the chairman had kept schtum like Oran we would all have moved on to the Dunfermline game and be talking up how Goody is going to do for us. The chairman didnt seem to like the new manager getting all the attention....again!

On 7/9/2019 at 12:54 PM, Desnold said:

I probably was.

What I was getting at was that we are in a win win situation. If he goes we are on more than £250k, if he stays...…...

£250K??? get tae.  If the boy from Motherwell was getting talked about for £3.5 mill then surely  we could at least ask for £1 mill accept £2 mill

In all seriousness we should not be selling for any less than £500k he is an asset. His value may drop but also it may go up.  We tend give our players away for fcuk all because we are sh! te bags, look at McLean, McGinn,. Hibs, Motherwell, and most other clubs  see their value but we panty it, take fcuk all or force their hands for more Kenny McLean £200k and  ( which i'm lead to believe was less ) is a fcuking joke btw we need to toughen up.

Given he had two years of his contract to run, and publicly stated he was happy to continue in his job(with a couple of added conditions) whilst the dispute with the chairman was resolved. To then be told to stay away from the club (effectively gardening leave) until those conditions were removed.

There is always other slants. :wink:

46 minutes ago, pod said:

There is always other slants. :wink:

Not really, unless you are ITK you've just made two huge assumptions based on..?

my outline is based on decades of experience in employment law, contracts and confidentiality agreements. And I only state what one or other of the parties involved have stated. That their was a legal agreement reached. It is obvious though that one party wanted to change/add conditions to the original contract!

the club it would seem, (and as i posted many times) did not have a specified time in the contract at which point Oran had to relocate by. It would appear both parties were happy to sign the original contract with Oran commuting weekly. Now the club, or more precisely the chairman decided he wanted that to change(or simply used it to pressure the manager). But to achieve that, since he had allowed the custom & practice of the commute to be established.

he would have needed Oran's agreement to add that change. Or Offered a new/extension with a buy out clause to relocate, Or wait until the contract expired, and made any new contract subject to relocation.

as none of these options were offered, or..! Accepted, the club decided to strike a deal to mutually end the contract. I.e. They paid up. Unfortunately it sems the chairman couldnt swallow what he cooked up, and kept chucking it back up!

the irony of one of the club sponsors being an employment law firm does make a long in the tooth practioner chuckle no end. A first year HR student would have studied and been able to resolve... sorry prevent that situation ever arising by suggesting a relocation clause was inserted into the contract. It really is the most basic clause to include when you have someone who lives away from a reasonable commute to the workplace. That being a condition of your employment is to move with in XX miles/minutes travel of your place of work.

there should never be a SLANT, only a binding agreement. Then everyone is clear.

Edited by Lord Pityme

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

my outline is based on decades of experience in employment law, contracts and confidentiality agreements. And I only state what one or other of the parties involved have stated. That their was a legal agreement reached. It is obvious though that one party wanted to change/add conditions to the original contract!

Your wasted on here. :unsure:  You should be offering your services to GS. 

The slant was in reference to your comments rather than OK or GS's.  

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

If he signed as he indicated in his rebuff of Scott's statement, a confidentiality agreement. Then that indicates a settlement (pay off) has been agreed between employer, and employee. The club have confirmed he was not sacked!

Given he had two years of his contract to run, and publicly stated he was happy to continue in his job whilst the dispute with the chairman was resolved. To then be told to stay away from the club (effectively gardening leave) until an agreement to terminate his employment had been reached, that again indicates a pay off.

the fact Scott is still raging and breaching said confidentiality agreement would seem to indicate how well Oran did out of it.

if the chairman had kept schtum like Oran we would all have moved on to the Dunfermline game and be talking up how Goody is going to do for us. The chairman didnt seem to like the new manager getting all the attention....again!

ANY CHANCE you can keep SHTUM (notice how you spell it Mr Legal contract expert - ho ho - king of the clauses - you don't half dribble some utter nonsense - 

As Madness sing - YOUR an EMBARASSMENT  . . . :fire2

There are a number of other possible arguments that you have not considered... but you are so clever you can figure them out - right - wrong, because they work in positive favour for our club - and you don't deal in that currency . . .  😎

7 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Not really, unless you are ITK you've just made two huge assumptions based on..?

FFS. LPM!

In your post above you witter on with FOUR “indications”!

cut some others some slack  if they seek to witter on, as you have done!

eta.

you boast about being long in the tooth on... contract law...

bet I've read more of such things and been more helpful, accurate and precise about language than your good self.

(only based upon posts in this thread...and also on the forum, in general).

of course...   :)

Edited by antrin

16 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

ANY CHANCE you can keep SHTUM (notice how you spell it Mr Legal contract expert - ho ho - king of the clauses - you don't half dribble some utter nonsense - 

As Madness sing - YOUR an EMBARASSMENT  . . . :fire2

There are a number of other possible arguments that you have not considered... but you are so clever you can figure them out - right - wrong, because they work in positive favour for our club - and you don't deal in that currency . . .  😎

Sorry Sweeper but unless I’m being massively whooshed here, after correcting LPM’s spelling of Shtum/Schtum, you then went on to spell both “You’re” and “embarrassment” incorrectly. 🤣