Sell Now (Hladky) or Jam Tomorrow?

Sell Now (Hladky) or Jam Tomorrow?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should we accept £200-£250k now for Hladky, nick the likes of Dun Utd's keeper and do it all again for a handsome profit since we paid hee-haw for Hladky?

• Hang on for a bigger offer, perhaps running down the clock till the window closes, then having to either accept a lower offer, or see Hladky sign a PCA in January and walk for nothing in May?
    • Sell now at £200 - £250k and nick the likes of Dun Utd's keeper and do it all again for a handsome profit since we paid hee-haw for Hladky?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/15/2019 at 07:36 AM

On 7/12/2019 at 9:46 AM, Lord Pityme said:

A few buds wondering now if Qarabag ever put an offer in, based on the fact they couldnt register Hladky for European football at present?

was it jus a ruse by Scott because the club needs the funds after paying Oran off? Ouch... no wonder he is breaching confidentiality agreements, thats gonna smart!

Do we really? 

A quick look at the last financial report indicates we had reserves in the region of £9m at the end of FY 17/18 to keep the club going in the case of no income. 

It also showed that it cost about £2.5m to run the club that same financial year, with a surplus of about £77.5k at the end, which would be reinvested into the club. Along with the surpluses from FY's 16/17 and 15/16 (approx £160k, I think) 

Now I appreciate that these accounts were released before the Stubbs debacle, let alone Kearney, as well as any income from McGinn's move to Aston Villa or Jack Ross' move to Sunderland, but there's no way in hell we've blown through that amount of reserves in just over a year.

Edited by dumbarton_bud

Do we really? 

A quick look at the last financial report indicates we had reserves in the region of £9m at the end of FY 17/18 to keep the club going in the case of no income. 

It also showed that it cost about £2.5m to run the club that same financial year, with a surplus of about £77.5k at the end, which would be reinvested into the club. Along with the surpluses from FY's 16/17 and 15/16 (approx £160k, I think) 

Now I appreciate that these accounts were released before the Stubbs debacle, let alone Kearney, as well as any income from McGinn's move to Aston Villa or Jack Ross' move to Sunderland, but there's no way in hell we've blown through that amount of reserves in just over a year.

Reserves aren’t actually £9m in assets unfortunately.

7 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Sorry Sweeper but unless I’m being massively whooshed here, after correcting LPM’s spelling of Shtum/Schtum, you then went on to spell both “You’re” and “embarrassment” incorrectly. 🤣

I've said before English is my 3rd language, so I won't get everything correct. I think I do better than some for whom it is there 1st language though.

I was though playing his ignorant game with the YOUR but wrongly spelt Embarrassment... but hey ho! my foes won't believe me AND I don't care!

8 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Sorry Sweeper but unless I’m being massively whooshed here, after correcting LPM’s spelling of Shtum/Schtum, you then went on to spell both “You’re” and “embarrassment” incorrectly. 🤣

Not you as well TP surely. 

18 minutes ago, dumbarton_bud said:

It's not £9m in cash, I'll grant you.

But it is £9m in liquid assets that can be converted to cash in the case of an emergency. 

I wouldn't call it "liquid assets" it would also have to be one hell of a fecking emergency......

It's not £9m in cash, I'll grant you. But it is £9m in liquid assets that can be converted to cash in the case of an emergency.   

Unfortunately it’s not liquid assets. 

The £9m asset you refer to is the ground.

The reserves are a liability on the balance sheet as they belong to the shareholders.

Assets minus current liabilities to 31 May 2018 were £327k.

Edit - and it’s highly unlikely that anyone would pay us £9 million for the ground!

Off topic.

Vaclav Hladky.....

Newspapers suggested that Quarabag (or carrier bag) had offered £200k and suggested they were well capable of paying him SIX times the wages he is currently on.
I am delighted to keep him and invest in this season, however, does that then imply that they could afford an offer SIX times that of their initial tester bid?
I’m also hopeful that all is not lost with Popescu, just yet.

35 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Unfortunately it’s not liquid assets.

The £9m asset you refer to is the ground.

The reserves are a liability on the balance sheet as they belong to the shareholders.

Assets minus liabilities to 31 May 2018 were £327k.

Fair enough. Not going to lie, my main experience is reading Trust and Foundation accounts where reserves are a bit different, usually as there's no fixed assets. 

Fair enough. Not going to lie, my main experience is reading Trust and Foundation accounts where reserves are a bit different, usually as there's no fixed assets. 

I’m no expert either but unfortunately, all the “reserves” refer to is the liability that the shareholders own the asset, which is the ground.

There isn’t actually a £9 million stash in reserve I’m afraid.

1 minute ago, Wendy Saintss said:

I’m no expert either but unfortunately, all the “reserves” refer to is the liability that the shareholders own the asset, which is the ground.

There isn’t actually a £9 million stash in reserve I’m afraid.

No, I get that. Was just under the impression it would be slightly less fixed than the stadium

7 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

I've said before English is my 3rd language, so I won't get everything correct. I think I do better than some for whom it is there 1st language though.

I was though playing his ignorant game with the YOUR but wrongly spelt Embarrassment... but hey ho! my foes won't believe me AND I don't care!

Hey Sweeper, I was only having a bit of fun, but that said, I’d suggest that if English is your 3td language, probably best not to pull people up on their spelling.

Out of curiosity, what are your 1st and 2nd languages?

8 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Hey Sweeper, I was only having a bit of fun, but that said, I’d suggest that if English is your 3td language, probably best not to pull people up on their spelling.

Out of curiosity, what are your 1st and 2nd languages?

Gibberish and Greek.