Very Minor Punishment For Sectarian Sevco

shull

5 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

I noticed in a chorus of Follow Follow, the line about the Pope and the Vatican was genuinely quieter than the rest of it.

I couldn't make out if they were singing something different (unlikely), or if some of them had just checked out of singing that bit.

I enjoyed our fans rendition of “Your Not Rangers Anymore “.

Authorities keep quiet on sectarian incidents

True level of sectarianism in Scottish football kept secret by SPFL gagging order

Anti-sectarian charity Nil By Mouth insist the authorities have to release the figures to help tackle the problem.

Evidence of the scale of sectarian hate at football grounds is being kept secret in a bizarre gagging order.

Football authorities agreed to give details of all incidents last season to the Scottish Government and police – but only if they kept it quiet.

Yesterday, there were calls for the information to be released.

Dave Scott, of anti-sectarian hate charity Nil By Mouth, said: “When it comes to tackling sectarianism in football, it’s crucial the Government and Parliament don’t let the SPFLcall the shots given its utterly dismal record of failure on the subject.

“Last year, a third of all Premier League managers had to speak out about repeated instances of abuse toward them from the stands.

“The silence from the SPFL to these problems is deafening. That is why we need this report to be published so the Parliament’s health and sport committee can analyse and investigate the claims made within it.”

The SPFL compiled details from the start of the 2017-18 season and shared the information with government and police.

Neither public body would release the findings, saying it would breach an agreement with the SPFL.

Scottish Government spokesman said: “Our strong preference was, and remains, that SPFL should make the data publicly available. However, the information was provided to us on the condition that it was in confidence.”

The SPFL said: “We condemn unacceptable conduct at matches. Our focus is on supporting the extensive work our clubs and police do to identify and punish the small minority of individuals who engage in this type of dangerous behaviour.”

2 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

The SPFL said: “We condemn unacceptable conduct at matches. Our focus is on supporting the extensive work our clubs and police do to identify and punish the small minority of individuals who engage in this type of dangerous behaviour.”

Would I be bad if I said that I don't believe this?

How has such "extensive work" resulted in finding and punishing so few?

We ALL know that this  "the small minority" is numbered in thousands weekly - follow following home and away.

We can even see and hear it on our televisions.

So how can "extensive work" be so obviously inept and unfocussed?

2 hours ago, antrin said:

Would I be bad if I said that I don't believe this?

How has such "extensive work" resulted in finding and punishing so few?

We ALL know that this  "the small minority" is numbered in thousands weekly - follow following home and away.

We can even see and hear it on our televisions.

So how can "extensive work" be so obviously inept and unfocussed?

When they say extensive work, they are on about the many times they’ve had to relay the carpet due to everything that has been sweeped underneath it.

Guest TPAFKATS
Well done sevconians on their,obviously pre-planned,non sectarian day.
I'm quite sure normal service will be resumed next Sun.
No sure about sectarian songs but they managed to name check IRA, UDA & UVF all within the first 15 minutes yesterday.

On 8/24/2019 at 3:15 PM, HSS said:

sevco have played a further 3 European games since the game against St Joesphs.

Further punishments to come?

Great news just in....................

sevco have been  charged with sectarian singing in the 1st leg at Legia. :lol:

The 1st thing sevco did was announce they will not take a ticket allocation for their next away game........which will hopefully not be until next season.

24 minutes ago, HSS said:

Great news just in....................

sevco have been  charged with sectarian singing in the 1st leg at Legia. :lol:

The 1st thing sevco did was announce they will not take a ticket allocation for their next away game........which will hopefully not be until next season.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/uefa-charge

Strongly worded statement from Rangers.

8 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

UEFA should tune into Sunday’s game to see the amount of bigotry the SFA and SPFL allow.

I welcome UEFA following this up and welcome the Response from Rangers. It's time this nonsense was consigned to history where it belongs, if it ever belonged anywhere. Now it's down to the fans.. As ever. 

28 minutes ago, shull said:

First thing I thought.

Cannae be the angel Sellik fans causing trouble.

Got to be those pesky Hammarby dudes. Mind they wrecked Paisley in the 1980's.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-blame-hammarby-fans-who-19034418

Well, they have wrecked a few Paisley heads, to this day.

16 hours ago, shull said:
16 hours ago, shull said:

First thing I thought.

Cannae be the angel Sellik fans causing trouble.

Got to be those pesky Hammarby dudes. Mind they wrecked Paisley in the 1980's.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-blame-hammarby-fans-who-19034418

Well, they have wrecked a few Paisley heads, to this day.

Did you forget to sign out and come back with one of your aliases?