Very Minor Punishment For Sectarian Sevco

shull

1 minute ago, saint in exile said:

Don't care how many stands they have.  I still won't go. Don't want to put up with their sh*te - at least on the telly I can turn the sound down.

Why bend the knee? 

I refuse to let them dictate what I do

Go, but wear ear plugs if you wish. 

Sadly, it's the same old, same old songs.. Not worth the air time. 

Ignore but pressure the football authorities to act. At least that is constructive, but not attending just admits surrender. I won't do that for either set of the OF twins. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Yes, you are.
There will be no moving on, till the Scottish public are offended by it and stop accepting "the traditions".
More importantly, it needs the other clubs via the SFA/SPFL to tell them to f**k off move on...

Bought and sold for a handful of gold/silver pieces, what a parcel of rogues...[emoji88]
Only 3 out of 42 clubs in favour of strict liability. Parliament chose to repeal OBFA and haven't came up with anything to replace it. Until this changes, there ain't much the governing bodies can do.

10 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
2 hours ago, antrin said:
Yes, you are.
There will be no moving on, till the Scottish public are offended by it and stop accepting "the traditions".
More importantly, it needs the other clubs via the SFA/SPFL to tell them to f**k off move on...

Bought and sold for a handful of gold/silver pieces, what a parcel of rogues...emoji88.png

Only 3 out of 42 clubs in favour of strict liability. Parliament chose to repeal OBFA and haven't came up with anything to replace it. Until this changes, there ain't much the governing bodies can do.

Don't agree.  If UEFA can shut part of their ground, so can the Scottish footballing authorities.  They simply don't want to offend the big two.  They will punish all sorts of minor incidents involving smaller clubs, but not the bigot brothers. They can continue doing what they've done for years and believe they are untouchable.

It is sad that this type of rubbish finds any audience at all. I have to feel sorry for this guy. He is utterly deluded. I have no need to hate him though. He has enough hate for a dozen people.
What I won't do is bend the knee and let them control where I go or when I go to watch and support my own team.
That would to me be simply to concede the "battle" to bigots. So, yes, I will be in my usual seat on Sunday. I hope that most right thinking Saint's Fans will be in theirs and welcome our family stand members into the west stand. 

If my seat was available then I definitely would be there... But the club doesn't want me there!

5 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Two posts that seem to be supportive of old firm excess

your St Mirren supporter credentials seem to be slipping 

Not one bit of it BYK. 

I am a St Mirren Fan.

That doesn't mean that I should hate any other team or their fans. 

I don't. But I will speak out against bigotry and sectarianism and am happy to agree that our own governing body should take UEFA type action against clubs where their support breach the rules right through to part closure of grounds, full closure and points deduction all the way through to expulsion if need be. 

But, I won't stop going to see my team play either of these at home. I will not allow myself to be bitter, nor will I provide those louts amongst these visiting supporters a victory by succeeding in reducing the home support. 

If my seat was available then I definitely would be there... But the club doesn't want me there!
Oh, i don't know about the club not wanting you there but on this occasion, the sevco pound is held in higher regard than the family stand ST holders pound.

Not one bit of it BYK. 
I am a St Mirren Fan.
I don't. But I will speak out against bigotry and sectarianism and am happy to agree that our own governing body should take UEFA type action against clubs where their support breach the rules right through to part closure of grounds, full closure and points deduction all the way through to expulsion if need be. 
But, I won't stop going to see my team play either of these at home. I will not allow myself to be bitter, nor will I provide those louts amongst these visiting supporters a victory by succeeding in reducing the home support. 

St Ricky... That's the absolute irony. Opposition fans are not stopping me from attending a home match and never will.

9 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Ignore but pressure the football authorities to act. At least that is constructive, but not attending just admits surrender. I won't do that for either set of the OF twins. 

So in what part of the land of Oz is it possible to exert pressure by ignoring the bigotry but continuing to turn up meekly and hand over your money?

it is in no way constructive. It is acquiescence.

a boycott has been the only thing that Scottish fitba bosses have ever recognised.

Their thirsty greed is what keeps them from taking action.  You keep those bigots in business.

you're not so daft that you can’t recognise your double standards.   You've never been able to ignore the bigotry as you already acknowledge on here of how aware you are of it.  Financing and enabling it by your attendance will not bring pressure on anyone nor eradicate the problem.

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:
4 hours ago, St.Ricky said:
Not one bit of it BYK. 
I am a St Mirren Fan.

St Ricky... That's the absolute irony. Opposition fans are not stopping me from attending a home match and never will.

I do get your personal beef as a Family Stand season ticket holder and can understand why you might not. 

Others are however staying that season ticket holders in the Main and West stand don't take up their seats for these games. I recognise that they can decide to do that. 

Not for me. I won't allow these two groups of fans that minor victory of causing me not to attend. 

6 minutes ago, antrin said:

So in what part of the land of Oz is it possible to exert pressure by ignoring the bigotry but continuing to turn up meekly and hand over your money?

a boycott has been the only thing that Scottish fitba bosses have ever recognised.

Their thirsty greed is what keeps them from taking action.  You keep those bigots in business.

you're not so daft that you can’t recognise your double standards.   You've never been able to ignore the bigotry as you already acknowledge on here of how aware you are of it.  Financing and enabling it by your attendance will not bring pressure on anyone nor eradicate the problem.

Do you really believe that boycotting Sunday's match will put pressure on Rangers? The only thing it would do would be to deprive St Mirren of gate money.

9 minutes ago, antrin said:

Antrin. We are always going to agree on how abhorrent we both find the behaviour of those involved with these two clubs. 

We are never going to agree on whether non attendance by our fans at home games against them shows disatisfaction which might lead to change.

I do agree that action, UEFA style, might help bring pressure to bear on the clubs to ensure that this stops. 

It's also much more than a football problem which society needs to deal with. That's a much longer debate. 

Am I in favour of giving away the South Stand? Personally no. From a short term business perspective, possibly, I don't have the relevant figures to argue against it. 

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

So, Ricky...

a response please to how you plan to “PRESSURE” for change...

...by doing nothing but financially support the status quo? 

So Antrin.. 

In the football world. 

Fans to lobby the SFA and League to adopt the UEFA stance. 

Fans to lobby their local MSP and Council Leaders on licencing. 

Fans to choose not to attend games at Ibrox or Parkhead. A symbolic gesture which has potential for publicity which supports the first two. 

Visiting fans being obliged to sit in their allocated seats to make identification and action easier. 

We have fans bodies, we have SLO's and at our club we have a fan on the board as our representative. 

Would any of these bring about change quickly? Uefa and licensing offer the potential for fastest change but need the support of the other groups to pressure these into action. 

Imo

Forty Clubs booting them out the League would be ideal. 

Supporters of those 40 Clubs refusing to buy Season Tickets next summer would nudge their Club Directors into making the correct decision. 

Simple 

Just now, St.Ricky said:

So Antrin.. 

In the football world. 

Fans to lobby the SFA and League to adopt the UEFA stance. 

There are already fan groups that have tried/failed to achieve anything on this.  SFA has turned a blind eye and a deaf ear to all fan lobbying in the past.  The SFA has always ignored the bigotry. Only boycotts have worked before. What has changed that makes you think it might now work?

Fans to lobby their local MSP and Council Leaders on licencing. 

Is that how YOU are exerting pressure?  Fair enough.  I hadn’t known that.  Good.  

However, Government has previously wanted fitba to sort out its own house.  I’m not optimistic that UEFA’s honest condemnation of racial abuse will now provoke action from the Scottish government, but it SHOULD! 

Fans to choose not to attend games at Ibrox or Parkhead. A symbolic gesture which has potential for publicity which supports the first two. 

You should have stopped after 7 words or gone on to say, “involving those teams”. I’m glad you’re now on board with the ramifications of symbolic gestures...  though I still feel only by withdrawing your money will heed be really paid.  :(

Visiting fans being obliged to sit in their allocated seats to make identification and action easier. 

That has always been a no brainer, but it can already happen, if there’s a will...  sitting down doesn’t need to happen.

We have fans bodies, we have SLO's and at our club we have a fan on the board as our representative. 

And...?

Would any of these bring about change quickly?

NO.

Uefa and licensing offer the potential for fastest change but need the support of the other groups to pressure these into action. 

It needs YOUR support. It needs you (and those like you) to understand that by going along with the status quo, nothing will change.  Nothing.

Imo

IMO

1 hour ago, smcc said:

Do you really believe that boycotting Sunday's match will put pressure on Rangers? The only thing it would do would be to deprive St Mirren of gate money.

Yes.  

I really do believe that.  (I know it may hurt, short term.)

Even Ricky is now open to the “symbolic” gesture, it seems.

UEFA has just publicly condemned the racism/bigotry, yet St Mirren are rewarding it by disposing of our safe Family area.

what better time to be united?

5 minutes ago, antrin said:

Yes.  

I really do believe that.  (I know it may hurt, short term.)

Even Ricky is now open to the “symbolic” gesture, it seems.

UEFA has just publicly condemned the racism/bigotry, yet St Mirren are rewarding it by disposing of our safe Family area.

what better time to be united?

Symbolicly non attending Their Home Grounds. 

Roger, the leader of Extinction Rebellion may be of great help to remove the bigots. 

I should call him about forming a new group, Sectarian Extinction. 

He would know what to do. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Roger, the leader of Extinction Rebellion may be of great help to remove the bigots. 
I should call him about forming a new group, Sectarian Extinction. 
He would know what to do. 
Peacefully protesting blocking roads during the "marching season"?

Guest TPAFKATS
Don't agree.  If UEFA can shut part of their ground, so can the Scottish footballing authorities.  They simply don't want to offend the big two.  They will punish all sorts of minor incidents involving smaller clubs, but not the bigot brothers. They can continue doing what they've done for years and believe they are untouchable.
Yes Scottish footballing authorities can shut parts of grounds however that requires the member clubs to vote for these things. Only 3 are on favour according to the last poll.
The clubs ARE the governing bodies. If they collectively demand change it will happen. Until then...