The Gordon Scott Appreciation Thread

2 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Is it possible that "Gordon's trip to the USA is blown apart by Kearney unexpectedly deciding to leave." and, as soon as that happened, it became "the worst kept secret in Scottish football"?

Just because you "struggle to believe" something doesn't make it false.

How do you know OK has been gagged?

I'm not saying that you are wrong, just wondering how you can be asserting things without actually having any real evidence, that I can see, to support your assertions.

You can quite easily "struggle to believe" something when you look at the facts that are provided on this foolish suggestion of daily travel.

It's an opinion based on these facts.

Who said it was false? 

7 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Keep that out of this HSS your spoiling a good conspiracy theory  :whistle

You seem very confident that GLS is telling the truth.

I didn't run in the Paisley 10k but do remember several forum members posting they beat his time, contacted him and never got a reply or a strip. I think GLS had a decent time and it was only a handful of fans wanting a St Mirren top - GLS had pledged he'd pay for them himself if I remember correctly. I remember watching with interest as I'd heard that when GLS was on the old board he was the only board member who never stumped up cash to help the club with cashflow issues and that the other board members had to pay a greater share because of that. It would have cost GLS a few hundred quid to keep his bargain on the strips and he didn't.

Going back to the STV interview I mentioned, perhaps portmahomack saint can tell me why, when GLS knew Oran was going back to Coleraine and had been planning for the next season in spite of Oran rather than planning ahead with Oran (GLS's own words) why he was on STV a day or two before the big fall out talking up prospects for the season ahead under Oran and saying in a TV interview he wanted a manager he secretly knew was leaving to move his family over to Scotland and settle down ahead of a new season with him at the helm?

It's alarming that we seem to have a Chairman who is misrepresenting the true position re OK's departure. That coupled with SMiSA who are happy to misrepresent things whenever it suits them, it bodes well for the future.

2 minutes ago, melmac said:

It's alarming that we seem to have a Chairman who is misrepresenting the true position re OK's departure. That coupled with SMiSA who are happy to misrepresent things whenever it suits them, it bodes well for the future.

You know this for a fact?

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

Is it possible that "Gordon's trip to the USA is blown apart by Kearney unexpectedly deciding to leave." and, as soon as that happened, it became "the worst kept secret in Scottish football"?

Just because you "struggle to believe" something doesn't make it false.

How do you know OK has been gagged?

I'm not saying that you are wrong, just wondering how you can be asserting things without actually having any real evidence, that I can see, to support your assertions.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

You can quite easily "struggle to believe" something when you look at the facts that are provided on this foolish suggestion of daily travel.

It's an opinion based on these facts.

Who said it was false? 

Indeed, thanks for explaining what "struggle to believe" means Slart.....that's why I picked those words!

I've never seen Oran say once he wanted to do that. 

Based on all the evidence available, I believe Gordon is being economical with the truth to say the least. Again.

5 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Indeed, thanks for explaining what "struggle to believe" means Slart.....that's why I picked those words!

I've never seen Oran say once he wanted to do that. 

Based on all the evidence available, I believe Gordon is being economical with the truth to say the least. Again.

See his usual mixed up rant above. :lol:

Always trying to be smart and almost always failing.

Gets all abusive when it's pointed out he's talking shite, so cool. :hammer

Must be a struggle for him. 

1 hour ago, HSS said:

Was the ITK Irish Tweet just a lucky guess?

Yes, I'm sure with Oran's location, and the number of people at Coleraine who will be in his phonebook, he was completely in the dark about what was going on with their managerial situation, and would clearly not have discussed it with anyone, as Coleraine have helpfully confirmed. :lol:

1 hour ago, melmac said:

Better have a stiff drink before you see who our next Prime Minister is going to be if you think that's bad 😊  

Just now, Slartibartfast said:
8 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Yeah, there's nothing there that says he's been gagged.

You do realise  I am not suggesting he has literally been physically restrained with duct tape over his mouth?

I can't really see how you are confused. The statement says exactly that!

33 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

As I've said many times, just because YOU don't understand something, doesn't mean it's wrong.

Can you point out what's mixed up about my post? I'd really like to know.

I don't TRY to be smart, it just comes naturally, it's a curse sometimes. emoji14.png

Where was I abusive? Really, where?

And where was the "shite"? Everything I said was factually correct, there wasn't a single bit of opinion or subjectivity in the post.

Feel free to "not engage" me as you claimed the other day that you do. I'm quite confident that most people will recognise it as you just being unable to answer simple questions about your allegations - again.

You're a tedious individual who ties himself up in his usual riddles.

Trying, you do understand that word don't you, to be smart and failing.

Like talking to a revolving door.

That's why I rarely engage with you, there's no point. 

Oh, "most people" confirms you're needy, maybe time you got a new teddy? 

Run along, you bore me. 

7 hours ago, Kemp said:

image.png.6edaf94f67c9f91589dc210a23fb2a7f.png

7 hours ago, pod said:

There's nothing you, me or anyone else on the forum can say that will make a hoot of a difference.  

Having done some twitching in my past, pod...

I can safely say that I'd walk 500 miles, then likely 500 more to hear an ostrich hoot...

2 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Aye Dibbles told him 😏

Still playing the man instead of the ball I see.

You could always explain Gordon's STV interview (as requested twice) where it appears that rather than making advance preparations for life without Oran the Gogmeister is talking about the season ahead with Oran in charge and wanting Oran to move his family to Scotland.

We now have Coleraine and Oran Kearney publicly taking issue with Scott's statements in yesterday's "interview". Next step St Mirren burn through more cash in legal fees if GLS keeps spouting more guff on the topic?

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

Having done some twitching in my past, pod...

I can safely say that I'd walk 500 miles, then likely 500 more to hear an ostrich hoot...

There are ostriches in a field opposite the old IBM. Either that or its Llamas. Something with a long neck.