The Gordon Scott Appreciation Thread

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1438502-gordon-scott-oran-kearney-is-settled-at-st-mirren/

In this interview on 13th June, Gordon Scott is on record as saying: 

Scott acknowledged that the situation wasn't ideal but said that there was no serious concern for him.

"I think he has settled to a degree," he told STV. "He wants to continue commuting back and forward occasionally back home.

"It's hard for him. He's got a wonderful family and a wonderful life back home. I would like to think he's settled now and in the long term would move over here."

A few weeks later Gordon Scott is on record as saying Oran wanted to commute "literally every day" from Northern Ireland.

Portmahock Saint can feel free to advise me on which Gordon Scott interview I should believe from the past 4 weeks... the one way where he is on record as saying Oran wanted to continue to commute occasionally or the one where he wanted to commute literally daily.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

Guest TPAFKATS
https://stv.tv/sport/football/1438502-gordon-scott-oran-kearney-is-settled-at-st-mirren/
In this interview on 13th June, Gordon Scott is on record as saying: 

Scott acknowledged that the situation wasn't ideal but said that there was no serious concern for him.

"I think he has settled to a degree," he told STV. "He wants to continue commuting back and forward occasionally back home.

"It's hard for him. He's got a wonderful family and a wonderful life back home. I would like to think he's settled now and in the long term would move over here."

A few weeks later Gordon Scott is on record as saying Oran wanted to commute "literally every day" from Northern Ireland.

Portmahock Saint can feel free to advise me on which Gordon Scott interview I should believe from the past 4 weeks... the one way where he is on record as saying Oran wanted to continue to commute occasionally or the one where he wanted to commute literally daily.

They could both be pretty accurate as they were weeks apart?

2 minutes ago, pod said:

Did it take long to find it's way home. 

Don't know. I remember thinking Glenburn was been overrun by tortoises as there was one in every back green but looking back I do think it was maybe just one that kept getting lifted and getting a new name painted on its back. I have always blamed Valerie Singleton.

41 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Still playing the man instead of the ball I see.

You could always explain Gordon's STV interview (as requested twice) where it appears that rather than making advance preparations for life without Oran the Gogmeister is talking about the season ahead with Oran in charge and wanting Oran to move his family to Scotland.

We now have Coleraine and Oran Kearney publicly taking issue with Scott's statements in yesterday's "interview". Next step St Mirren burn through more cash in legal fees if GLS keeps spouting more guff on the topic?

There's only one bit of the STV interview that is relevant in this debacle and that's where GS says he wants Oran to move over here, and if I was in charge I would insist on it too,  no way would i be happy with him commuting even twice a week,  I don't believe for a minute Oran would have got this job if he wasn't prepared to relocate here. were not Real Madrid,  we dont have a private jet sitting at Glasgow Airport get a grip ffs 

1 minute ago, portmahomack saint said:

There's only one bit of the STV interview that is relevant in this debacle and that's where GS says he wants Oran to move over here, and if I was in charge I would insist on it too,  no way would i be happy with him commuting even twice a week,  I don't believe for a minute Oran would have got this job if he wasn't prepared to relocate here. were not Real Madrid,  we dont have a private jet sitting at Glasgow Airport get a grip ffs 

13th June Gordon Scott says Oran is planning to commute "occasionally", 9th July Gordon Scott says Oran was wanting to commute "literally every day". In the same interview he says the club are unlikely to have the money required to sign Popescu but says enquiries have been made about bringing back Kyle McAllister.

13th June - Gordon Scott gives interview to STV - he would like Oran to move his family over to Scotland, but he is still planning to commute occasionally between NI and Paisley. Oran Kearney gives an interview saying he wants to resign Popescu, Dreyer, Muzek and Gary MacKenzie

14th June - St Mirren announce pre-season friendlies against Coleraine and Rosario - strange given Scott's claims about pre-season preparations happening in spite of Oran rather than involving Oran!

18th June - the meeting where Gordon Scott and Oran fall out.

21st June - the Sun has a story saying there has been a fall out and Oran's future at the club is in doubt after a disagreement about Oran's commute.

23rd June - rumours surface that Oran has been told to stay away from pre-season training despite Oran offering to take training while his own situation was being resolved. Sun football writer tweets (and later deletes his tweet) that Oran was wanting to commute daily after originally tweeting he liked Oran but spare me the notion that he had been hard done to by anyone at St Mirren

24th June - Pre-season training starts without Oran. Rumours are that Popescu will sign later in the week however. Jim Goodwin rumoured to be the favourite to take over from the not-sacked-yet Oran Kearney. Popescu is interviewed and says he'd like to sign but doesn't know anything about the manager's position.

25th June - Coleraine tweet the friendly with St Mirren is still going ahead as scheduled and St Mirren tweet the game has been cancelled without contacting Coleraine..

26th June - St Mirren put out a 33 word, 2 sentence statement saying Oran Kearney has left the club by mutual consent. 2 signings are confirmed... not Popescu, Muzek, Dreyer or McAllister... Gary MacKenzie has signed an extension and Dean Lyness has rejoined the club again. Oran Kearney tweets his response to the news he has left St Mirren.

28th June - Jim Goodwin announced as new St Mirren manager.

29th June - Tony Fitzpatrick says St Mirren (and Jim Goodwin) should be aiming to finish in the top 6.

1st July - Goodwin and 1st team squad + trialists head to Spain for pre-season training.

2nd July - St Mirren announce deal for Popescu collapsed after Mihai's representatives changed the goalposts at the last minute and demanded too much money. No mention of whether we had sorted out Dinamo Bucharest with the £350k fee they were asking for. Also no news on progress in signing Dreyer, Muzek, McAllister.

3rd July - Oran Kearney announced as the new Coleraine manager with an interview here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48858278

4th July - Tony Andreu becomes Jim Goodwin's first signing.

9th July -  Jim Goodwin's unveiling to the press is overshadowed by Gordon Scott giving an interview the same day claiming Oran Kearney going back to Coleraine was the worst kept secret in Scottish football, and St Mirren had been expecting it and had plans in place to appoint a successor and Oran wanted to commute from NI literally every day and hadn't been involved in planning pre-season etc.

10th July - Coleraine FC put out an official statement expressing surprise and disappointment at Gordon Scott's interview, swiftly followed by Oran Kearney saying he would keep his side of the legal agreement he made with St Mirren but noted Gordon Scott had not kept his side of the legal agreement and claiming Scott lied in his interview the previous day.

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

So it's irrelevant that 5 days before the relationship between the chairman and manager broke down that the chairman has said on record Oran wanted to commute occasionally between NI and Paisley, and we wouldn't be signing Popescu but hoped to sign McAllister, and the same day the manager says he is hoping to sign Popescu, Dreyer, Muzek, and MacKenzie? Within a few weeks of the interviews on 13th November Oran leaves by mutual consent with a non-disclosure agreement, Popescu was rumoured to have signed and then the club put out a statement saying his signing fell through as he wanted too much cash, we missed out on Muzek, no word on Dreyer and we're still hoping we might get McAllister on a loan deal this season.

I suppose the good news is that since it was only a last minute hitch over Mihai's personal terms that prevented Popescu signing we must have sorted out an agreement with Dinamo for his transfer fee and we can reinvest the money saved in bringing in other decent players to replace most of the guys who helped keep us up last season who will no longer be in the black and white stripes this season! (Or maybe we'll reinvest the money saved on Popescu's transfer fee into paying up Josh Heaton's contract and pay him not to play for us?)

Your opinion on whether you were happy with how often Oran wanted to commute is pretty irrelevant unless you happen to be a member of St Mirren's board of directors.

8 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

13th June Gordon Scott says Oran is planning to commute "occasionally", 9th July Gordon Scott says Oran was wanting to commute "literally every day". In the same interview he says the club are unlikely to have the money required to sign Popescu but says enquiries have been made about bringing back Kyle McAllister.

13th June - Gordon Scott gives interview to STV - he would like Oran to move his family over to Scotland, but he is still planning to commute occasionally between NI and Paisley. Oran Kearney gives an interview saying he wants to resign Popescu, Dreyer, Muzek and Gary MacKenzie

14th June - St Mirren announce pre-season friendlies against Coleraine and Rosario - strange given Scott's claims about pre-season preparations happening in spite of Oran rather than involving Oran!

21st June - the Sun has a story saying there has been a fall out and Oran's future at the club is in doubt after a disagreement about Oran's commute.

23rd June - rumours surface that Oran has been told to stay away from pre-season training despite Oran offering to take training while his own situation was being resolved. Sun football writer tweets (and later deletes his tweet) that Oran was wanting to commute daily after originally tweeting he liked Oran but spare me the notion that he had been hard done to by anyone at St Mirren

24th June - Pre-season training starts without Oran. Rumours are that Popescu will sign later in the week however. Jim Goodwin rumoured to be the favourite to take over from the not-sacked-yet Oran Kearney. Popescu is interviewed and says he'd like to sign but doesn't know anything about the manager's position.

25th June - Coleraine tweet the friendly with St Mirren is still going ahead as scheduled and St Mirren tweet the game has been cancelled without contacting Coleraine..

26th June - St Mirren put out a 33 word, 2 sentence statement saying Oran Kearney has left the club by mutual consent. 2 signings are confirmed... not Popescu, Muzek, Dreyer or McAllister... Gary MacKenzie has signed an extension and Dean Lyness has rejoined the club again. Oran Kearney tweets his response to the news he has left St Mirren.

29th June - Tony Fitzpatrick says St Mirren (and Jim Goodwin) should be aiming to finish in the top 6.

1st July - Goodwin and 1st team squad + trialists head to Spain for pre-season training.

2nd July - St Mirren announce deal for Popescu collapsed after Mihai's representatives changed the goalposts at the last minute and demanded too much money. No mention of whether we had sorted out Dinamo Bucharest with the £350k fee they were asking for. Also no news on progress in signing Dreyer, Muzek, McAllister.

3rd July - Oran Kearney announced as the new Coleraine manager with an interview here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48858278

9th July -  Jim Goodwin's unveiling to the press is overshadowed by Gordon Scott giving an interview the same day claiming Oran Kearney going back to Coleraine was the worst kept secret in Scottish football, and St Mirren had been expecting it and had plans in place to appoint a successor and Oran wanted to commute from NI literally every day and hadn't been involved in planning pre-season etc.

10th July - Coleraine FC put out an official statement expressing surprise and disappointment at Gordon Scott's interview, swiftly followed by Oran Kearney saying he would keep his side of the legal agreement he made with St Mirren but noted Gordon Scott had not kept his side of the legal agreement and claiming Scott lied in his interview the previous day.

Nice work, you should add to that the tweet (13/5/2019 the day of our crucial game against Hamilton) from the supposed ITK irish football pundit stating that Oran would be definitely returning to Coleraine. Now more and more pieces of the fake news are dropping into place.

funny how that ITK irish football pundit has never tweeted since! 

11 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

You have conveniently missed out the 10th of May tweet from NI insider,  which was was over 4 weeks before you started rewriting Wikipedia Dibbs  :hammer  

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Nice work, you should add to that the tweet (13/5/2019 the day of our crucial game against Hamilton) from the supposed ITK irish football pundit stating that Oran would be definitely returning to Coleraine. Now more and more pieces of the fake news are dropping into place.

funny how that ITK irish football pundit has never tweeted since! 

Fake news ma Lord..... oh yes he has and feeling quite chuffed with himself i might add and why wouldn't he 

11 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

So it's irrelevant that 5 days before the relationship between the chairman and manager broke down that the chairman has said on record Oran wanted to commute occasionally between NI and Paisley, and we wouldn't be signing Popescu but hoped to sign McAllister, and the same day the manager says he is hoping to sign Popescu, Dreyer, Muzek, and MacKenzie? Within a few weeks of the interviews on 13th November Oran leaves by mutual consent with a non-disclosure agreement, Popescu was rumoured to have signed and then the club put out a statement saying his signing fell through as he wanted too much cash, we missed out on Muzek, no word on Dreyer and we're still hoping we might get McAllister on a loan deal this season.

I suppose the good news is that since it was only a last minute hitch over Mihai's personal terms that prevented Popescu signing we must have sorted out an agreement with Dinamo for his transfer fee and we can reinvest the money saved in bringing in other decent players to replace most of the guys who helped keep us up last season who will no longer be in the black and white stripes this season! (Or maybe we'll reinvest the money saved on Popescu's transfer fee into paying up Josh Heaton's contract and pay him not to play for us?)

Your opinion on whether you were happy with how often Oran wanted to commute is pretty irrelevant unless you happen to be a member of St Mirren's board of directors.

Anders Dreyer is a £2 million premier league player with Brighton and Oran was hoping to sign him :huh: where was he getting the cash, by saving up his Air Miles ?  kin see where the commuting every day would come in handy mind,  :rolleyes:  

You have conveniently missed out the 10th of May tweet from NI insider,  which was was over 4 weeks before you started rewriting Wikipedia Dibbs  :hammer  

Well add that to the start of the list, and then interviews with Oran, Tony Fitzpatrick, GLS since then all saying Oran was happy and the club were preparing for next season with Oran at the helm, and throw in some interviews with players talking about the great job Oran had done at the club and how they were looking forward to the season ahead - some of the loanees wanted to return again this season and it seemed the feeling was mutual on Oran's part.

I'm not sure how much weight should be placed on the contradictory statements from 13th June by Oran and GLS about signing priorities. GLS said it would be nice to have Popescu back but Dinamo were looking for a hefty transfer fee and if they stuck to that the deal wouldn't happen. GLS then says enquiries have been made about bringing Kyle McAllister back. Oran talks as if Popescu is his top target, followed by Dreyer (not entioned by GLS), Muzek (not mentioned by GLS), and Oran doesn't mention McAllister as being on his priority list of targets.

We can only note that out of the loanees we had last season who Oran said he'd like to sign again for the season ahead we missed out on Hodson, Popescu, Muzek, and there are no rumours that we are trying to get Dreyer back but are pursuing McAllister.

Anders Dreyer is a £2 million premier league player with Brighton and Oran was hoping to sign him :huh: where was he getting the cash, by saving up his Air Miles ?  kin see where the commuting every day would come in handy mind,  :rolleyes:  

Do you get air miles with private jets Oran was expecting (according to you) 

36 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Well add that to the start of the list, and then interviews with Oran, Tony Fitzpatrick, GLS since then all saying Oran was happy and the club were preparing for next season with Oran at the helm, and throw in some interviews with players talking about the great job Oran had done at the club and how they were looking forward to the season ahead - some of the loanees wanted to return again this season and it seemed the feeling was mutual on Oran's part.

I'm not sure how much weight should be placed on the contradictory statements from 13th June by Oran and GLS about signing priorities. GLS said it would be nice to have Popescu back but Dinamo were looking for a hefty transfer fee and if they stuck to that the deal wouldn't happen. GLS then says enquiries have been made about bringing Kyle McAllister back. Oran talks as if Popescu is his top target, followed by Dreyer (not entioned by GLS), Muzek (not mentioned by GLS), and Oran doesn't mention McAllister as being on his priority list of targets.

We can only note that out of the loanees we had last season who Oran said he'd like to sign again for the season ahead we missed out on Hodson, Popescu, Muzek, and there are no rumours that we are trying to get Dreyer back but are pursuing McAllister.

Tony also said on the 15th of may ORAN WOULD BE MAD TO LEAVE,  as speculation was growing he was going back to Coleraine,  He also said WE WANT HIM TO STAY why would he be saying that 3 days before we played our last game of the season against Dundee in a do or die game we had to win if it was all nonsense, are you getting this yet, I can't help you any more, sorry Dibbs   :byebye 

6 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Tony also said on the 15th of may ORAN WOULD BE MAD TO LEAVE,  as speculation was growing he was going back to Coleraine,  He also said WE WANT HIM TO STAY why would he be saying that 3 days before we played our last game of the season against Dundee in a do or die game we had to win if it was all nonsense, are you getting this yet, I can't help you any more, sorry Dibbs   :byebye 

You’ve quite lost me there...

i’d Imagine TF (or anyone in power at Saints) HAD to say similar!!

why on earth would they suggest he...

a.  Just f**k off

or

b.  Is just not really needed Anymore?

OK had an agenda that differed from that of his employer.

there was a parting of the ways.   End of.

no matter what sadsacks fabricate!

Was there not some concern on here when Oran was asked about his future before the home leg of the Play Off and he replied he was looking no further ahead than the Play Off game?Speculation about his return to Ireland had just surfaced.

I'm sure one of the Fans who loves to knock our fine Club had him leaving after the game.

2 hours ago, antrin said:

You’ve quite lost me there...

i’d Imagine TF (or anyone in power at Saints) HAD to say similar!!

why on earth would they suggest he...

a.  Just f**k off

or

b.  Is just not really needed Anymore?

OK had an agenda that differed from that of his employer.

there was a parting of the ways.   End of.

no matter what sadsacks fabricate!

Wits that you've been drinking  :huh:  can you buy it over the counter 

creature from the black lagoon horror GIF