Oran Hits Back

18 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

GS took over this club with Sevco Rae at the helm and a mid table Championship team at best . Support the club FFS... 

You can’t just blindly support something that is wrong just because he’s our chairman. He’s probably realised he’s totally messed up again with the state of our current squad with days to go until the first competitive game and is looking for someone to blame for the mess 

Edited by Big Yards

If we had a proper CEO, he / she would be asking GS to zip it or it will end up costing the club. Oh, maybe that is part of GS's game, Fitzy not able to control GS making contradictory statements to press, Fitzy has to step down. 

Edited by melmac

2 hours ago, ged62 said:

Shull are you in hiding? Your mighty chairman strikes again. Boo boo !!

Aye, hiding in my bed. 

Kearney worked his ticket. 

He could have walked after the play off match and been honest. 

But, no , he tried for a payoff and to screw us. 

The commute shit was a red herring 

He wasn't staying and and him, his Agent and Coleraine are all to blame for the mess, not Gordon .

Any sign of compensation from Coleraine  for us ? 

8 hours ago, Wilbur said:

WGAF.

I agree that Gordon Scott could / should have let this affair die a quiet death but the straightforward fact is that OK (or perhaps Mrs OK) wanted to be back in charge at Coleraine instead of commuting to Paisley and he worked his passage to make sure that his/her desired outcome was achieved, so he needn't come out in the media pretending to be the wounded soldier here.

Yesterday's man giving yada yada to the press.

OK is only damaging his legacy in the minds of the St Mirren support. A smart guy would STFU now.

You want OK to stop talking when it was our chairman who went whoring himself to the press to publish lies about him?

Riiiiight.

8 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

The PR at our club leaves a lot to be desired at times i suppose but all of this is irrelevant, we have a new manger and so have Coleraine.... As said elsewhere time the BOD keep quiet on this affair going forward, it's now history and we move on...

You think it's irrelevant that our chairman is whoring himself around the press spreading lies about our previous manager whilst expecting that manager to keep his mouth shut?

I'm wondering whether Scott is doing this to distract from the awkward truth that we appear to be struggling to sign players.

12 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You think it's irrelevant that our chairman is whoring himself around the press spreading lies about our previous manager whilst expecting that manager to keep his mouth shut?

I'm wondering whether Scott is doing this to distract from the awkward truth that we appear to be struggling to sign players.

Who'd have thunk that then? 

2 hours ago, shull said:

Aye, hiding in my bed. 

Kearney worked his ticket. 

He could have walked after the play off match and been honest. 

But, no , he tried for a payoff and to screw us. 

The commute shit was a red herring 

He wasn't staying and and him, his Agent and Coleraine are all to blame for the mess, not Gordon .

I agree. Oran is back where his heart and family are. I dont buy this commute crap either..... GS has every right to talk to us thru national press. Lets not forget OKs boo hoo tweet.. 

It wasnt Oran that kept us up it was the club.... maybe the biggest loss was Jimmy Nic. OK played a part...Regardless OK has bolted. GS is the constant . And i think you will find the chairman has one true agenda here...... pointing out that OK played us

Like all good arguments we have side 'a' and side 'b' and the truth is somewhere in the middle. 

No point in anyone demonising either party. I dare say there is more than an element of truth on both sides. 

We really ought to now be drawing a line under this whole sorry thing and if both sides are clever, that will now be the last word on it. Kearney is now history and is neither relevant to or more important than SMFC. I wish him no Ill will whatsoever but don't buy into the arselicking that's going on towards him on social media. I couldn't care less about Kearney, Coleraine or either of their fortunes going forward. 

Edited by djchapsticks

This should have been put to bed. 'No comment', or 'we are here to discuss Jim Goodwin' should have been the response to the media.

It's not fair on the. We management that we are still talking about the past management. 

And for what it's worth, if OK DID have any wrongdoing and was trying to buy a ticket back home, do you think he would publicly admit it? It has all coincidentally fallen into place rather well for him.

Let's move on and focus ahead on JG and LS

Edited by kevo_smfc

1 minute ago, kevo_smfc said:

This should have been put to bed. 'No comment', or 'we are here to discuss Jim Goodwin' should have been the response to the media.

It's not fair on the new management that we are still talking about the past management. 

Which, along with the lack of signings, has been a concern for me since this debacle hit the headlines.

I'm confident enough in Goodwin that he'll get over this but it could well result in us having a poor start, mostly not down to him. 

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Which, along with the lack of signings, has been a concern for me since this debacle hit the headlines.

I'm confident enough in Goodwin that he'll get over this but it could well result in us having a poor start, mostly not down to him. 

I'm glad to see you'll not be part of  the pitch fork and torch procession mob come Christmas then.

No surprise to see the usual suspects out in force bashing the chairman.

Mostly the same guys who were slating the team and lack of signings on the stenny match day thread,

Mostly the same guys who forced a managed out after only 4 games

And, ironically, mostly the same guys who label anyone who disagree as being negative! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

No surprise to see who the OP is either.

The hate mob know who they are. Shame on them.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

No of course i'm not and i've stated elsewhere the PR at our club needs massively improved, a good PR department would work with GS and maybe these statements would be differently worded at least.  I think it's more beneficial for the club to focus on our new manger and put a lid on this, we as fans can debate what we want till we're blue in the face but the club should draw a line under this and move on and in that sense it's irrelevant to the upcoming season.

1 hour ago, whydowebother said:

So basically the ‘agreement’ was , let’s not tell the fans the truth ?

Normal agreement then.

I don't really enjoy the mudslinging part of football i'd rather read about new signings or hear the words of our new manager... also, we'll not get the whole truth from either side that'll be somewhere in the middle. I'm happy that we ended up with Goodwin and Oran is back where he wants to be, that's the reality of it all.

I agree. Oran is back where his heart and family are. I dont buy this commute crap either..... GS has every right to talk to us thru national press. Lets not forget OKs boo hoo tweet.. 
It wasnt Oran that kept us up it was the club.... maybe the biggest loss was Jimmy Nic. OK played a part...Regardless OK has bolted. GS is the constant . And i think you will find the chairman has one true agenda here...... pointing out that OK played us

Bollocks [emoji6]

No surprise to see the usual suspects out in force bashing the chairman.

Mostly the same guys who were slating the team and lack of signings on the stenny match day thread,

Mostly the same guys who forced a managed out after only 4 games

And, ironically, mostly the same guys who label anyone who disagree as being negative! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

No surprise to see who the OP is either.

The hate mob know who they are. Shame on them.

Imagine Shull liking your bullshit post. [emoji6]

4 hours ago, shull said:

Obviously not in the way you mean but at least the fans were compensated'

I think there were about six of us in Belfast for the Rosario match. When our club announced compensation for the fans who paid to go to Coleraine I was up front and admitted I had still went.  I fired in my receipts anyway but wasn't holding my breath. I had a great weekend but it wasn't money I would have spent if the Coleraine game hadn't been scheduled.

The Club, no doubt with GLS's blessing acknowledged I had a great weekend. Feck we had our photo's taken on  the Friday night with half the St Mirren team it would have been hard to deny we hadn't had a great weekend. They refunded 50% of my claim as compensation for the team not playing on Saturday.

I have no doubt they gave full refunds to anyone who was out of pocket and never went. 

So thanks St Mirren and GLS for the gesture. I've ploughed the refund into Buddie vision and I'll treat myself to a few pressies out the club shop with the rest but it's fantastic to see that underneath the politics of the managerial skulduggery they looked after us fans.

Well Done GLS.