I wont be the lonely one

Sitting on my own and sad

a fifty year old reminiscing what I had

Forget Oran he's gone, he's gone, he's gone, he's gone, he's gone

wooooahhh forget Oran he's gone!

Oran has gone, gone he has indeed.

15 hours ago, faraway saint said:
15 hours ago, oaksoft said:

You think it's irrelevant that our chairman is whoring himself around the press spreading lies about our previous manager whilst expecting that manager to keep his mouth shut?

I'm wondering whether Scott is doing this to distract from the awkward truth that we appear to be struggling to sign players.

Who'd have thunk that then? 

Actually with all this he did; no he did first or was it she did?  I really don't know what to think everyone should give it a rest because I for one am all thunked out

7 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

It was dropped until GLS had that interview. If the information is inaccurate and incorrectly portrays Kearney, can you blame him for responding as such? He’s well within his rights to respond, GLS should have kept his mouth shut because he’s just digging that hole deeper and deeper.

... plus GLS chose to use the occasion of Jim Goodwin and Lee Sharp being unveiled to the media to have a pop at the previous manager and ended up stealing the limelight away from the new management team.

13 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:
17 hours ago, shull said:

Any sign of compensation from Coleraine  for us ? 

Obviously not in the way you mean but at least the fans were compensated'

I think there were about six of us in Belfast for the Rosario match. When our club announced compensation for the fans who paid to go to Coleraine I was up front and admitted I had still went.  I fired in my receipts anyway but wasn't holding my breath. I had a great weekend but it wasn't money I would have spent if the Coleraine game hadn't been scheduled.

The Club, no doubt with GLS's blessing acknowledged I had a great weekend. Feck we had our photo's taken on  the Friday night with half the St Mirren team it would have been hard to deny we hadn't had a great weekend. They refunded 50% of my claim as compensation for the team not playing on Saturday.

I have no doubt they gave full refunds to anyone who was out of pocket and never went. 

So thanks St Mirren and GLS for the gesture. I've ploughed the refund into Buddie vision and I'll treat myself to a few pressies out the club shop with the rest but it's fantastic to see that underneath the politics of the managerial skulduggery they looked after us fans.

Nice to see someone being positive, well done you sir.  

I'm divided on this. As fans of the club we absolutely have the right to know why our manager was sacked. You can't just sack a new manager and appoint someone new within a few days with absolutely no explination.

You can't rely on internet rumours to provide the reason without releasing an official explination for it.

I think GLS has told a half story here. On one hand he says it was the worst kept secret in Scottish football and we forseen OK leaving. Then on the other hand he says he is raging because it wasn't done at the end of the season. So which one is it? There are clearly things left out here.

A clear and official reason for the dismissal of our manager should have been released from the club. Another unprofessional mess.

13 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

... plus GLS chose to use the occasion of Jim Goodwin and Lee Sharp being unveiled to the media to have a pop at the previous manager and ended up stealing the limelight away from the new management team.

Or was that just sports journalists manufacturing a tale or two from a couple of off the cuff comments?

if it hurts St Mirren, I might be miffed.  (But as it’s only Fitba.... why gaf?)

as it doesn’t matter, I feel all this huffiness is a pile of wank!  :) 

seriously....why are Buddies getting at all excited?!

1 hour ago, LargsBud said:

I'm divided on this. As fans of the club we absolutely have the right to know why our manager was sacked. You can't just sack a new manager and appoint someone new within a few days with absolutely no explination.

Honestly do we.  Besides, maybe the manager doesn't want us to know. 

In my opinion, too many people are taking the side of an ex-manager. I’ll always be grateful for the great work of the managerial team in keeping us up but I really believe it was a team effort and our survival was not down to Kearney alone.
I would have been happy for him to stay another season but his personal circumstances have taken his career in another direction.
To be honest I had never heard of him before the first interviews and I’ll be quite happy to never hear of him again.
100% behind the new managerial team and hoping for a better season this term.

36 minutes ago, pod said:

Honestly do we.  Besides, maybe the manager doesn't want us to know. 

We have relied on rumour and speculation to explain the reason for his departure. If you look at only the official channels all we got was two sentences saying he had left.

There needed to be something more than that. They could have just said we couldn't come to an agreement with him about his living circumstances so we've decided to end the contract etc...

9 hours ago, doonhamer said:

In my opinion, too many people are taking the side of an ex-manager. I’ll always be grateful for the great work of the managerial team in keeping us up but I really believe it was a team effort and our survival was not down to Kearney alone.
I would have been happy for him to stay another season but his personal circumstances have taken his career in another direction.
To be honest I had never heard of him before the first interviews and I’ll be quite happy to never hear of him again.
100% behind the new managerial team and hoping for a better season this term.

You see i dont think anyone is taking Oran's side imo. He kept his trap shut, got the best out of a bad situation and left. Coleraine did everything by the book on the THIRD occasion of dealing with Smfc 

its what our club have done that is becoming a running gag now. The club seem incapable of sticking to a line, no sorry the chairman seems incapable of sticking to a line and showing leadership. It all seems beyond him.

18 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

You see i dont think anyone is taking Oran's side imo. He kept his trap shut, got the best out of a bad situation and left. Coleraine did everything by the book on the THIRD occasion of dealing with Smfc 

its what our club have done that is becoming a running gag now. The club seem incapable of sticking to a line, no sorry the chairman seems incapable of sticking to a line and showing leadership. It all seems beyond him.

Totally agree. GS obviously doesn't have the savi to maybe skirt a question when asked about the previous manager or anything else for that matter. In saying that OK should also move on but if someone came out in public saying something about you that wasn't true, i certainly would want to set he record straight.  Let's get on with the job in hand and play fitba. COYS

The situation isn’t the best, I think it’s clear no side is 100% innocent on this one. You’ll get the usual suspects that almost get a rager over grey areas in our clubs dealings allowing their negativity to spout but generally I think this will amount to little more than a bun fight. 

I think it’s also important to remember the vocal minority on here are the ones taking sides (be that GLS or OK) and you can justify either way tbh.

The reality is most couldn’t care less. A recent poll on Facebook with more than 400 respondents show that, over 75% people saying they don’t care. 

14 hours ago, LargsBud said:

You can't rely on internet rumours to provide the reason without releasing an official explination for it.

I think GLS has told a half story here. On one hand he says it was the worst kept secret in Scottish football and we forseen OK leaving. Then on the other hand he says he is raging because it wasn't done at the end of the season. So which one is it? There are clearly things left out here.

A clear and official reason for the dismissal of our manager should have been released from the club. Another unprofessional mess.

You can of course as a MD (or someone with an element of control) in any job, manufacture an exit of someone you have an issue with, especially if you have already lined up a replacement......….........……..... :whistle

The situation isn’t the best, I think it’s clear no side is 100% innocent on this one.

but generally I think this will amount to little more than a bun fight. 

Now reminiscent of a bit of a tiff between spurned lovers.

Sometimes, it really is better to say nothing and this is one of those occasions.

GLS should have kept schtum when asked and he should have had the presence of mind to know, what he (is reported to have) said would draw a reaction from Oran Kearney and Coleraine FC to think "no comment"

There was only 1 man on this planet who could regalvanise every buddie to getting behind the team/club in an instant and Jim Goodwin answered the call.

Thanks & gratitude for all that OK done etc but his time is now past.

We have a lot of good going for us, lets enjoy the ride with JG at the helm.

43 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

Now reminiscent of a bit of a tiff between spurned lovers.

Sometimes, it really is better to say nothing and this is one of those occasions.

GLS should have kept schtum when asked and he should have had the presence of mind to know, what he (is reported to have) said would draw a reaction from Oran Kearney and Coleraine FC to think "no comment"

There was only 1 man on this planet who could regalvanise every buddie to getting behind the team/club in an instant and Jim Goodwin answered the call.

Thanks & gratitude for all that OK done etc but his time is now past.

We have a lot of good going for us, lets enjoy the ride with JG at the helm.

There’s a bit of irony though I have to say. A lot of fans on social media saying he should have kept quiet are the ones ready for flogging him in the street for a lack of comment a few weeks ago. 

4 hours ago, bazil85 said:

The situation isn’t the best, I think it’s clear no side is 100% innocent on this one. You’ll get the usual suspects that almost get a rager over grey areas in our clubs dealings allowing their negativity to spout but generally I think this will amount to little more than a bun fight. 

I think it’s also important to remember the vocal minority on here are the ones taking sides (be that GLS or OK) and you can justify either way tbh.

The reality is most couldn’t care less. A recent poll on Facebook with more than 400 respondents show that, over 75% people saying they don’t care. 

:lol:

Aye, they are a well balanced lot. :hammer

16 hours ago, antrin said:

Or was that just sports journalists manufacturing a tale or two from a couple of off the cuff comments?

if it hurts St Mirren, I might be miffed.  (But as it’s only Fitba.... why gaf?)

as it doesn’t matter, I feel all this huffiness is a pile of wank!  :) 

seriously....why are Buddies getting at all excited?!

I wondered that too, the story didn't contain anything that hadn't been mentioned on social media previously.

A bit naïve from GLS who would've been better advised to say CONFIDENTIAL - LEGAL AGREEMENT and it provoked a pretty tetchy reply from OK. 

Still we all love a storm in a teacup,,,,,,,,,,,:whistle

24 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

No more or less so than any other group. 

Only get a small number of people that actually comment, just shows the silent majority don’t care :rolleyes:

Are you joking.................oh wait, you use The St Mirren face book page, got it.  :lol:

It's well document that group are as fecking officially off their heads. :hammer

14 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Are you joking.................oh wait, you use The St Mirren face book page, got it.  :lol:

It's well document that group are as fecking officially off their heads. :hammer

From a guy with an ignore/ don’t ignore split personality complex. :lol:

5 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Only interested in the footie..