Season 2019/2020 Predictions

Another season, another reason for supporting St Mirren to paraphrase an old song. What a start - 2nd close season in a row we lose a winning manager who was popular with the fans. This time however we bring back the Club Ledgend that is Jim Goodwin. So how will we do in cups and in the league? 

League Cup - I predict we will top our group.

League - I predict we will be 8th.

Cup - I predict that we make it through two rounds.

Are you any more hopeful or are you more fearfull.

PS. Forgive me please for posting about St Mirren and Football on the Forum.

Edited by St.Ricky

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Another season, another reason for supporting St Mirren to paraphrase and old song. What a start - 2nd close season in a row we lose a winning manager who was popular with the fans. This time however we bring back the Club Ledgend that is Jim Goodwin. So how will we do in cups and in the league? 

League Cup - I predict we will top our group.

League - I predict we will be 8th.

Cup - I predict that we make it through two rounds.

Are you any more hopeful or are you more fearfull.

PS. Forgive me please for posting about St Mirren and Football on the Forum.

Will your prediction change when we have a full team. :rolleyes:

What are your predictions based on Ricky?

We need to see who the new signings we bring in are.

With the current squad we are heading for 12th in the league. Hopefully some quality is added and we can be confident of finishing ahead of Livingston and Hamilton who I think are both going to struggle this year. I can't see anything above 10th for the year ahead though, unless we are very pleasantly surprised with some Hladky quality signings in the coming days.

I'm pretty much scunnered with the merry-go-round of managers over the last year and a bit. I haven't renewed my season ticket and fear that we will be hovering around the bottom of the table once more.

If I was a player and Saints came in for me just now I really don't know what I would think.

I'm usually upbeat but I am highly pessimistic for the season ahead.

34 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

I'd be happy with 10th place and decent cup runs, quarters or semis 

I would be unhappy with the above. 

Cup wins are decent. 

Defeat in any Round including the Final is an absolute cnut. 

12 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

With manager we have 12th place is almost guaranteed...

Really?? Not a competive kick in anger and you have us relegated and judging JG before his tea is cold in Alloa.  You have even outdone Elvis FFS. Exactly why do you think we will finish bottom when our squad is incomplete? Just curious.

2 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Really?? Not a competive kick in anger and you have us relegated and judging JG before his tea is cold in Alloa.  You have even outdone Elvis FFS. Exactly why do you think we will finish bottom when our squad is incomplete? Just curious.

Ned, a massive percentage of your posts are in reply to the "look at me" posters on the forum, including your favourite elvis,  which is strange as you should know you'll not get a reasoned reply.

46 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Because our Squad is incomplete. 

5 hours ago, shull said:

I would be unhappy with the above. 

Cup wins are decent. 

Defeat in any Round including the Final is an absolute cnut. 

Basing my predictions on the current squad Shull, would love another cup final or 2. great day out for all involved and the brilliant in Paisley if we win

10 hours ago, Kemp said:

What are your predictions based on Ricky?

We need to see who the new signings we bring in are.

With the current squad we are heading for 12th in the league. Hopefully some quality is added and we can be confident of finishing ahead of Livingston and Hamilton who I think are both going to struggle this year. I can't see anything above 10th for the year ahead though, unless we are very pleasantly surprised with some Hladky quality signings in the coming days.

Kemp 

As far as the League Cup goes, I think we are the best side in the group, even with our current squad.

As far as the League is concerned, I think we will strengthen and I think Livvy and Hamilton may struggle more this season.

As far as the Cup is concerned then to some extent this is blind faith!

12 hours ago, nedflanders123 said:

Thought it was bad appointment as manager, can't and won't go into detail but i will watch with interest how it unfolds...

29 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

Thought it was bad appointment as manager, can't and won't go into detail but i will watch with interest how it unfolds...

If you "can't" go into details, subsequently telling us that you "won't" go into details is a bit superfluous.

14 hours ago, nedflanders123 said:

Because I want attention.  

2 hours ago, gstretchuk said:

Do us a favour. Dont go. Dont post on the here and go find another forum to pollute. 

Edited by DougJamie

3 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Do us a favour. Dont go. Dont post on the here and go find another forum to pollute. 

" Us ?

It's a public forum, he is allowed to post. I love his postings.

Ignore him if you dont want to read his stuff.

Why do you want to deny people their contribution to this Forum  ?

Just because you disagree.

I read all of your posts which are 100% shite but I wouldn't ban you.