Thomas Verheydt

Stu

Google translate of the article: https://www.destentor.nl/ga-eagles/ga-eagles-spits-thomas-verheydt-op-weg-naar-schotland~ac4db410/

The future of Thomas Verheydt is probably not in Deventer. The striker of Go Ahead Eagles is on its way to Scotland, where St. Mirren has now registered for Verheydt.

Verheydt seems on the way to the exit of De Adelaarshorst. The 27-year-old attack leader is already traveling to Scotland with his agent Danny Ris this coming weekend to get the right feeling at the Scottish club and settle the possible deal. St. Mirren plays a cup match against Dunfermline on Sunday at its home stadium in Paisley - a city west of Glasgow. Then Verheydt also has a conversation with the Scottish club.

Reportedly, Go Ahead Eagles and St. Mirren have already had contact during the rush hour and that will no longer stand in the way of a possible transition. Verheydt does not have to leave GA Eagles, but the club management has given him permission to talk to other clubs.

Verheydt has indicated that it is ready for a new foreign challenge. St. Mirren plays at the highest level in Scotland. Verheydt will not participate in the GA Eagles game against Excelsior on Friday evening due to a heel injury.

Edited by Stu

13 goals in the Dutch second tier last season but wasn't very good with Crawley before that. Seems to have been pretty prolific in Holland, although so have quite a few strikers who have gone to England and not been very good. Interesting to see if anything comes of it.

https://www.worldfootball.net/player_summary/thomas-verheydt/2/

Edited by Stu

Had a wee look at when he left Crawley and there was mostly positive stuff about him from their fans. Not as much good riddance style tweets for a man who scored 2 goals in 20 that I was expecting.

Im on board with this signing. I like it.

56 minutes ago, Stu said:

Google translate of the article: https://www.destentor.nl/ga-eagles/ga-eagles-spits-thomas-verheydt-op-weg-naar-schotland~ac4db410/

The future of Thomas Verheydt is probably not in Deventer. The striker of Go Ahead Eagles is on its way to Scotland, where St. Mirren has now registered for Verheydt.

Verheydt seems on the way to the exit of De Adelaarshorst. The 27-year-old attack leader is already traveling to Scotland with his agent Danny Ris this coming weekend to get the right feeling at the Scottish club and settle the possible deal. St. Mirren plays a cup match against Dunfermline on Sunday at its home stadium in Paisley - a city west of Glasgow. Then Verheydt also has a conversation with the Scottish club.

Reportedly, Go Ahead Eagles and St. Mirren have already had contact during the rush hour and that will no longer stand in the way of a possible transition. Verheydt does not have to leave GA Eagles, but the club management has given him permission to talk to other clubs.

Verheydt has indicated that it is ready for a new foreign challenge. St. Mirren plays at the highest level in Scotland. Verheydt will not participate in the GA Eagles game against Excelsior on Friday evening due to a heel injury.

Lol I just mentioned you in speculation thread.  

Looks a player. Only concern is that he is to hold talks after watching us on Sunday. He will probably knock us back after that lol
After watching the videos of him, he looks like he'd be a great signing.

So when I read that he's here to watch our game on Sunday, I was a bit disappointed. Get him signed now!

Looks like he was involved in a belter of a play-off game last season. His side were 4-3 up in stoppage time and he wasted a chance to make it 5-3. The other team then scored twice before the end of the game (not extra-time) and got promoted instead. Let's hope Tony doesn't mention Hammarby to him.

There's also an article about how much he cost Crawley per goal, however I only share it here because it also has this nugget at the bottom:

"Cole Kpekawa worst value for keeping clean sheets – The defender cost Colchester United £62,400 for his one clean sheet"

https://www.crawleyobserver.co.uk/sport/football/find-out-how-much-thomas-verheydt-cost-crawley-town-per-goal-1-8572776

15 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

A 1m 26s video :blink:...................................I hope to feck we are basing our interest on something stronger than this. 

There's always one negative poster.. tchh eh?

i have it on good authority, from someone who has it on good authority, that Gus's barber said Gus has him on LinkedIn. Let the moneyball roll baby.,

edit: nice of his agent to advertise he'll be in Scotchland all weekend, you know like, jist if anybody wants to have a wee chat or anything.

hope he hasnt spoke to our last Dutch player for a recommendation on the fine living in Paisley. 

Edited by Lord Pityme

41 minutes ago, Stu said:

Looks like he was involved in a belter of a play-off game last season. His side were 4-3 up in stoppage time and he wasted a chance to make it 5-3. The other team then scored twice before the end of the game (not extra-time) and got promoted instead. Let's hope Tony doesn't mention Hammarby to him.

There's also an article about how much he cost Crawley per goal, however I only share it here because it also has this nugget at the bottom:

"Cole Kpekawa worst value for keeping clean sheets – The defender cost Colchester United £62,400 for his one clean sheet"

https://www.crawleyobserver.co.uk/sport/football/find-out-how-much-thomas-verheydt-cost-crawley-town-per-goal-1-8572776

17 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

A 1m 26s video :blink:...................................I hope to feck we are basing our interest on something stronger than this. 

Probably a guy that you can pull back into defence if required when winning 4-3 or a guy you can stick in defence when we are getting gubbed 3-0.