Thomas Verheydt

Stu

So, look, of course, the club had better have seen a bit more of the player than we have haha!

And, yes, YouTube is a showreel (in this kinda instance) showing the best of a player so it's not the full picture.

Nevertheless, some very nice finishes in there and lots of different kinds of goal. Headers, 1 on 1s with the goalie and half-chance snapshots. Good finishing, strength and pace on display.

If he signs, we cross our fingers and hope he can do that for us on a regular basis and then we will all be very happy!

So, look, of course, the club had better have seen a bit more of the player than we have haha!
And, yes, YouTube is a showreel (in this kinda instance) showing the best of a player so it's not the full picture.
Nevertheless, some very nice finishes in there and lots of different kinds of goal. Headers, 1 on 1s with the goalie and half-chance snapshots. Good finishing, strength and pace on display.
If he signs, we cross our fingers and hope he can do that for us on a regular basis and then we will all be very happy!
Spot on.

31 minutes ago, MarkCorrigan said:

He will be lethal with all the creative / chance making players we have (or will sign) . . .   we all hope anyway . . .

18 minutes ago, MarkCorrigan said:

I mean, you'd like to think our esteemed player-signers would have joined up thinking like that :)

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 2:38 PM, Sweeper07 said:

:ninja

Double Dutch... foreign talent come on down . . .

Does he have a fellow countryman who we also want to sign perhaps . . .   mmmmm  :ninja

This has been boiling away for a while . . . 

4 minutes ago, ged62 said:

What’s your answer then? At least give the guy a chance, at long last a big striker up front for all our high balls that we usually play to nobody.

Indeed, before any decision if he's the real deal or not?

If only you had thought things out........................not really your thing right enough. :byebye

3 hours ago, JM1 said:

I quite like the idea of the football team I support bringing in a new signing. In particular a strong tall striker.

Silly me 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Oh dear..............................you win. :byebye

3 hours ago, JM1 said:

emoji23.png

:happyclapper At least your not easily offended, unlike some. :)

3 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

He looks a rougher version of Cody Cooke . Really need to see him to pass judgement . But we do need a striker , along with a left back and centre half . Hopefully we get these guys in soon , so we can give them a run with n the league cup section games .

Watched a few clips in YouTube and he reminds me a bit of Mark Yardley , maybe a bit more mobile , but he certainly has the bulk and the awkwardness , he will cause defences problems.

7 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Watched a few clips in YouTube and he reminds me a bit of Mark Yardley , maybe a bit more mobile , but he certainly has the bulk and the awkwardness , he will cause defences problems.

‘Chaos factor’ is probably the best way to describe it...! He’ll ruffle a few feathers.

4 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

. Really need to see him to pass judgement . But we do need a striker , along with a left back and centre half . Hopefully we get these guys in soon , so we can give them a run with n the league cup section games .

Not so much a striker as a target man with power and strength, in order to knock it down to Mullen etc.

Saints staggered  like headless chickens up front last season.

I approve....  especially if he IS like Mark Yardley, screwing in the odd goal....

I'm not so sure we should have went public with this he has not signed yet everybody and his dog knows he is coming over with his agent this weekend.
Saints haven't said a word. A Dutch website revealed it then the Record copied it.

19 minutes ago, JM1 said:
29 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:
I'm not so sure we should have went public with this he has not signed yet everybody and his dog knows he is coming over with his agent this weekend.

Saints haven't said a word. A Dutch website revealed it then the Record copied it.

Buy the Sun. Its covered back 8 pages