Thomas Verheydt

Stu

30 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The NETHERLANDS.

It's the f**king bastard NETHERLANDS.

Not Holland. Not Dykeland.

The NETHER......repeat after me.....give me an N.. ...give me an E.....give me.......ach I'm wasting my time.

I need to lie down.

What happened, did Holland sink. :P

33 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The NETHERLANDS.

The NETHER......repeat after me.....give me an N.. ...give me an E.....give me.......ach I'm wasting my time.

I need to lie down.

The two names have been used interchangeably for many years.

https://www.holland.com/global/tourism/information/netherlands-vs-holland.htm

35 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The NETHERLANDS.

I need to lie down.

He might be from the Holland part of the Netherlands, They're called Hollanders.  :whistle

1 minute ago, pod said:

If you had bothered to read the item I linked to you would have seen that it says substantially the same but also confirms that foreigners(including we Scots) have used both names interchangeably.

"Between 1588 and 1795, the area currently representing the Netherlands was the Republic of Seven United Netherlands. The republic was conquered by French troops in 1795 and became the Batavian Republic. Napoleon appointed his brother Louis as king in 1806, turning the country into a kingdom. The Netherlands remained a kingdom after Napoleon’s defeat. At that time, the area called “Holland” made the biggest contribution to the entire nation’s economy and wealth. As such it became the commonly used name to indicate the entire country. "

15 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

On my Gouda cheese it reads. Product of Holland. 

3 minutes ago, magnus said:

I would check the age on that dod of cheese

When I've been in Holland I've noticed that they don't eat much Gouda or Edam - that is the cheap cra*p they export.

Their other cheeses are much better . . .

27 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

When I've been in Holland I've noticed that they don't eat much Gouda or Edam - that is the cheap cra*p they export.

Their other cheeses are much better . . .

A lot of people dont realise Holland imports more cheese from the UK than it exports. To keep on topic I'm cheesed off the big man is not signing.  

4 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

A lot of people dont realise Holland imports more cheese from the UK than it exports. To keep on topic I'm cheesed off the big man is not signing.  

Keep the faith - the best players are not always signed up early  . . . well at least the best ones WE can hope for and afford...

Seriously 13 goals in the 2nd division during a year they nearly got promoted.

Shankland got double that, missed a big chunk of the season and was not even in a top 3 team - I am not saying we could have got him or that we would have really wanted him either - it is merely to put things into some sort of perspective.

I am not hearing much about the other Dutch lad either.  :ninja There are 3 others we are seriously working on this week and obviously more irons in the fire...

Keep the faith, it has to get better....  :guinness

Edited by Sweeper07

14 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Keep the faith - the best players are not always signed up early  . . . well at least the best ones WE can hope for and afford...

Seriously 13 goals in the 2nd division during a year they nearly got promoted.

Shankland got double that, missed a big chunk of the season and was not even in a top 3 team - I am not saying we could have got him or that we would have really wanted him either - it is merely to put things into some sort of perspective.

I am not hearing much about the other Dutch lad either.  :ninjaThere are 3 others we are seriously working on this week and obviously more irons in the fire...

Keep the faith, it has to get better....  :guinness

Been working about 50 for weeks according to you. :lol:

16 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Dont worry heard the next big cheese is from a cottage near Philly. He'll no brie to expensive, goes by the name of Cammy Bert,  edam not bad last season, but gouda kick on now he's Red Leicester might be interested too.

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Been working about 50 for weeks according to you. :lol:

Where did I say we were working on about 50?

JG says the list is as long as his arm - so it might contain far more than 50.  (It depends on the size of the writing and the direction it is written in :lol)

What kind of success rate do you think St. Mirren have on players wanted compared with those we manage to sign?

If it was so easy, we would be a lot better at it...  :ninja

5 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

If i've said it once i'll say it a million times, what is the point in Gus McPherson's role? 

Gus can draw up a list of targets. What he cant do is twist a players arm to sign. If players can get better money else where that's where they will go. 

If i've said it once i'll say it a million times, what is the point in Gus McPherson's role? 

I think this is one for the AGM. We were lead to believe he was coming in to prevent what happened when JR left, we appointed Stubbs and he was starting to get players in cold. But here we are at the first time he’s really required to see that through and we look like we are stumbling about.

I genuinely cannot believe how light on the ground we are with 2 and a bit weeks to go til the season starts and about the same since pre season started, is there another team in the league in the same state?

Motherwell, Livingston and Accies have made plenty of signings. St Johnstone, Ross County and Killie haven’t but they didn’t need to arguably due to not losing too many players. All the teams that will be around us and we are miles away from the squad being sorted

Real questions need to be asked of what Gus is doing

16 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

He says he's boursin a gut to get a Norwegian signed. But oh dairylea! Some people think its a toastie wee set up. Could be worse! He could be after Kraft Boyd or Caerphilly Miller!