Thomas Verheydt

Stu

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

I didn’t say players as in the collective, I said players that will improve our squad aren’t always available at the times our fans want them to be. 

Do you know for a fact there isn’t a plan? That GM has done nothing & we haven’t been actively looking and scouting targets? It seems exceptionally unlikely to me. 

Nope I’m suggesting we do our homework & give us the best possible chance when we do sign players. Are you suggesting good quality players have been available & plentiful & we’ve just not done anything about it? 

There is no perfect formula to signing players, people just need to be a bit more patient & show some faith we’re working hard on the recruitment front. 

You don't half love to escalate these arguments Baz by putting words in other people's mouths.

Give it a rest.

The season has started, the squad is a shambles, and we are f**king sick of it.

6 minutes ago, Kemp said:

You don't half love to escalate these arguments Baz by putting words in other people's mouths.

Give it a rest.

The season has started, the squad is a shambles, and we are f**king sick of it.

Does that mean it’s okay to claim people aren’t doing a job behind the scenes? All I was doing was sticking up for the club staff after a seeming claim they don’t have a plan. 

You’ll also find he was the one that put words in my mouth about waiting until the very end of the window. 

16 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I didn’t say players as in the collective, I said players that will improve our squad aren’t always available at the times our fans want them to be. 

Do you know for a fact there isn’t a plan? That GM has done nothing & we haven’t been actively looking and scouting targets? It seems exceptionally unlikely to me. 

Nope I’m suggesting we do our homework & give us the best possible chance when we do sign players. Are you suggesting good quality players have been available & plentiful & we’ve just not done anything about it? 

There is no perfect formula to signing players, people just need to be a bit more patient & show some faith we’re working hard on the recruitment front. 

Our signing plan seems similar to Liam Fox's trade deals plan.

40 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, they both drew, we got pumped at home. 🤡

So you can see my point, early recruitment hasn’t necessarily worked for them. More pressing point is, who’s judging players on the first outing of the league up? Killie couldn’t beat the worst St Mirren SP team i’ve ever seen last season ffs. 

49 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Hang on. Munoz told us that Gus had “absolutely nothing to do” with the signing of those players! emoji1.png

45 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Did he aye, good for him. 

Didn't say all players (just the good ones) .

3 hours ago, Kemp said:

This is another recurring theme I've noticed on here. The idea seems to be that because a job is difficult then it is perfectly fine to do it badly.

We are perfectly aware that putting together a competitive team on our budget is difficult.

But.....

.....that's his f**king job!

Any job in football is difficult. If you are a striker, you have defenders and goalkeepers trying to stop you score. If you are a manager, you have another 11 managers in the league trying to outdo you.

It is a competitive business, and at the moment we are a f**king shambles when it comes to being competitive.

You simply can not argue that it is acceptable to once again be starting the season so unprepared.

I know at least two posters on here who WILL argue just that!

3 hours ago, Kemp said:

This is another recurring theme I've noticed on here. The idea seems to be that because a job is difficult then it is perfectly fine to do it badly.

We are perfectly aware that putting together a competitive team on our budget is difficult.

But.....

.....that's his f**king job!

Any job in football is difficult. If you are a striker, you have defenders and goalkeepers trying to stop you score. If you are a manager, you have another 11 managers in the league trying to outdo you.

It is a competitive business, and at the moment we are a f**king shambles when it comes to being competitive.

You simply can not argue that it is acceptable to once again be starting the season so unprepared.

Mate not sure you are grasping budget. Quite a few of our best players have come from our own youth set up. Budget has been our problem for years now. We are not yet able to compete with Motherwell's or the St Johnstone's  can pay more than we can. I get it you might not. Frustrating yes. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Mate not sure you are grasping budget. Quite a few of our best players have come from our own youth set up. Budget has been our problem for years now. We are not yet able to compete with Motherwell's or the St Johnstone's  can pay more than we can. I get it you might not. Frustrating yes. 

Good lord........have I just been patronised by IOBS? 😂

31 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

The Pars did even more business tiday buying a Left Back! Imagine that actually buying a recognised left back? How do they manage it without Gus?

Aye, a left back from fecking Airdrie. Imagine if we'd signed someone deemed surplus to requirements by Ian Murray. I think IOBS head would explode.