Thomas Verheydt

Stu

13 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:
1 hour ago, Ethan said:
What we never had we won't miss. Time to turn to different targets. 

Agree. And remember, that list of targets is as long as JG's arm. Wonder how far down that list we are today ?

Would imagine finger tips if he started at the top. .

11 hours ago, mattman said:

Tbf I’m not too fussed about losing out on him, seeing all the hype about this guy reminded me of NBM last season. 

I agree with YOU  :cheers

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 6:28 PM, Wendy Saintss said:

Yeh, cos the 2nd league in Holland is comparable to the Championship in Scotland! emoji23.png

Go Ahead Eagles had a bigger crowd than us so they must be dead good.    The standard in the Dutch 2nd league is way superior than in Scotland. 

Missus attention seeking twat - that is not the point I was making - but you clearly lack any sort of basic intelligence whatsoever! 

Their team is full of free transfers, 1 on loan, and their own under 19 players. Out of 13 they let go - ALL went for free...(1 a loanee returning)

If their standard is so great - did you even watch their play-off game ( 5 v 4) Defences were worse than our 2nd division and Thomas was largely ineffective. He fell over in the box for a very dubious penalty - Aye their standard is so great - wonder why Juventus and Aberdeen are not trying to sign him and the rest of his team...

We were set up by his agent - usual rouse, the guy had no intention of moving from Holland - blah blah. 

AND the standard and frequency of your forum posts is dreadful on both counts... :moony2

Interesting post on P&B from someone who watches Dutch football.
"I'll be fair; not sure if Verheydt would have strengthened your squad.
He is prolific in the Netherlands because of his physique making up for his general lack of finesse and technique in a league where play is anything but physical. He would have a much tougher time in Scotland because his physical style of play isn't an asset as much as it is expected, revealing his faults in other areas.
This is exactly why he got exposed at Crawley and why I imagine he'd fail to impress at St Mirren. And I haven't even gotten into the fact the team he plays in needs to play a possession-based game in order for him to excel.
So yeah, you might've been done dirty by the agent, but this is probably the best outcome for both St Mirren and Verheydt."

10 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

He is prolific in the Netherlands because of his physique making up for his general lack of finesse and technique in a league where play is anything but physical. He would have a much tougher time in Scotland because his physical style of play isn't an asset as much as it is expected, revealing his faults in other areas.
This is exactly why he got exposed at Crawley and why I imagine he'd fail to impress at St Mirren. And I haven't even gotten into the fact the team he plays in needs to play a possession-based game in order for him to excel.
So yeah, you might've been done dirty by the agent, but this is probably the best outcome for both St Mirren and Verheydt."

Funny that this type of story appears and he's not coming people lap it up.

If he'd signed and this appeared it would have been laughed off.

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

I agree with YOU  :cheers

Missus attention seeking twat - that is not the point I was making - but you clearly lack any sort of basic intelligence whatsoever! 

Their team is full of free transfers, 1 on loan, and their own under 19 players. Out of 13 they let go - ALL went for free...(1 a loanee returning)

If their standard is so great - did you even watch their play-off game ( 5 v 4) Defences were worse than our 2nd division and Thomas was largely ineffective. He fell over in the box for a very dubious penalty - Aye their standard is so great - wonder why Juventus and Aberdeen are not trying to sign him and the rest of his team...

We were set up by his agent - usual rouse, the guy had no intention of moving from Holland - blah blah. 

AND the standard and frequency of your forum posts is dreadful on both counts... :moony2

^^^^^ what does any of this even mean? :lol:

8 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Funny that this type of story appears and he's not coming people lap it up.

If he'd signed and this appeared it would have been laughed off.

True enough. It might be true, it might not be. Falkirk fans told us Higdon was shite, we laughed it off, and they were wrong. Dumbarton fans loved Scott Agnew, but many warned us about Ian Murray. 

It's an interesting tidbit; nothing more. Maybe a crumb of comfort given that we've been gazumped.

9 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

He bottled it then. :wink:

14 minutes ago, munoz said:

Ok, one more time for bozo- GUS HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SIGNINGS OF THE EASTERN EUROPEAN LADS SIGNED IN JANUARY, AS PREVIOUSLY (many times) STATED. 

The only hole that appears to be enlarging,  is the one in your head. 

Yeh, you've said it many times and I've quoted it many times! :1eye

So baz is wrong then?

and who did Gus have a hand in signing then?

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 6:01 PM, W6Saint said:

If i've said it once i'll say it a million times, what is the point in Gus McPherson's role? 

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 6:48 PM, bazil85 said:

To source players like Hladky, Popescu, Muzek, Dreyer and anyone else that likely contributed to our survival last season? 

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:02 PM, Wendy Saintss said:

Hang on. Munoz told us that Gus had “absolutely nothing to do” with the signing of those players! emoji1.png

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:06 PM, bazil85 said:

Did he aye, good for him. 

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:54 PM, munoz said:

Didn't say all players (just the good ones) .

7 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Yeh, you've said it many times and I've quoted it many times! :1eye

So baz is wrong then?

and who did Gus have a hand in signing then?

I don't know if Baz is right or wrong.  What I do know is , is what I've mentioned as others have.

Anyway,  I wish they would hurry up and give that same company a call and some fecking decent players in ! 

8 minutes ago, munoz said:

I don't know if Baz is right or wrong.  What I do know is , is what I've mentioned as others have.

Anyway,  I wish they would hurry up and give that same company a call and some fecking decent players in ! 

so, if you don't know if baz is right or wrong then that must mean that you don't know if you are are right or wrong yourself?