Thomas Verheydt

Stu

19 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Clearly one of Goodwin's top targets.

Looks like we have lost out due to the cash we were prepared to offer.

It was because of the cash that the Dutch club were prepared to offer.:)

9 minutes ago, FTOF said:

It was because of the cash that the Dutch club were prepared to offer.:)

Rightio.

Muzek and Hodson turned our deals down, Popescu deal falls through at last minute due to his representatives wanting more cash at the last minute, Tony drumming up bids for Hladky. I'm sure we're offering top whack.

Heaton paid off too.

The decent signings will be getting announced any month now.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

8 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Rightio.

Muzek and Hodson turned our deals down, Popescu deal falls through at last minute due to his representatives wanting more cash at the last minute, Tony drumming up bids for Hladky. I'm sure we're offering top whack.

Heaton paid off too.

I just pick up we are skint at the lower end of the budget market.  Looking at the last two years it should come as no surprise with the turnover of staff. Poor Jim has a job on his hands just hope the fans realization is that Jim has been put into a frying pan if you dont understand that then he is short of the tools needed to be competitive.  Just my opinion of course unless a magic rabbit's come out the hat. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

11 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Rightio.

Heaton paid off too.

We didn’t offer Muzek a deal, or so I’ve heard.

18 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Rightio.

Heaton paid off too.

What are you wittering on about now?

Gillingham will have offered significantly more money than most clubs in our position, as  most league one clubs in England do.

Popescu was quite happy with what we were paying him last season. Surprise, surprise, he did well for us, and his agents wanted more. If nobody else takes a chance on him, then we'll see what happens.  

Only a fool would think we're offering "top whack", but we'll be offering a decent salary for a club of our means, as evidenced by our accounts. Unfortunately, most clubs after the same quality of players as us from leagues out with Scotland can offer more than us and other Scottish premiership clubs of our current stature.

1 minute ago, turrabuddie said:
50 minutes ago, FTOF said:
It was because of the cash that the Dutch club were prepared to offer.emoji4.png

Or because he never wanted to leave the Netherlands in the first place.

There's certainly that possibility given the statement which referred to his family being settled in the Netherlands.

Although some clowns will probably think that the club made this up.<_<

What are you wittering on about now?
Gillingham will have offered significantly more money than most clubs in our position, as  most league one clubs in England do.
Popescu was quite happy with what we were paying him last season. Surprise, surprise, he did well for us, and his agents wanted more. If nobody else takes a chance on him, then we'll see what happens.  
Only a fool would think we're offering "top whack", but we'll be offering a decent salary for a club of our means, as evidenced by our accounts. Unfortunately, most clubs after the same quality of players as us from leagues out with Scotland can offer more than us and other Scottish premiership clubs of our current stature.

Still hoping the club pull a deal for Popescu out the bag. Just a shame we didn't sign him up straight away as I believe this would have signalled the clubs intention to build on the rin at the end of last season and move up the table.

49 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:
1 hour ago, aldo_j said:
We didn’t offer Muzek a deal, or so I’ve heard.

I'd be really disappointed if that was the case.

While Oran was still manager he said he wanted to get Muzek signed. Obviously must have been over-ruled then. Muzek's replacement has been doing well though.

3 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

While Oran was still manager he said he wanted to get Muzek signed. Obviously must have been over-ruled then. Muzek's replacement has been doing well though.

Muzek wasn’t all that great.

Appreciate we don’t yet have a left back in, but I’m sure it’s high on the list.