Welcome Oan

8 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Staff come and go. You can't  justify your actions simply by condemning others. Your actions could just as easily cause unrest in the camp. That's if anyone takes you seriously anymore. The boy who cried wolf.

I refuse to accept you are right to weaponize lies or demonise personnel in an attempt to destabilise our club just to justify a futile personal feud.

What personal feud? 

And my "actions could cause unrest in the camp"? What utter bollocks! If anyone at the club takes their lead from most of the crap posted on here then they really do need their head examined. Shouting direct abuse at players on the park for no good reason, now that could destabilise them!

anyway enough of this pointless infighting, what your prediction for tomorrow? I think it will be 2-1 or mibbaes a 2-2 and pens. I dont get worried about what are effectively pre season games unless we lose heavily. More interested to see how Goody's side is shaping up and performing.

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

What personal feud? 

And my "actions could cause unrest in the camp"? What utter bollocks! If anyone at the club takes their lead from most of the crap posted on here then they really do need their head examined. Shouting direct abuse at players on the park for no good reason, now that could destabilise them!

anyway enough of this pointless infighting, what your prediction for tomorrow? I think it will be 2-1 or mibbaes a 2-2 and pens. I dont get worried about what are effectively pre season games unless we lose heavily. More interested to see how Goody's side is shaping up and performing.

Glad we agree about your posts re SMISA and GS.

As for the game. It's so early in the pre season that anything could happen. I don't know how good the training and match practice has been for either side so I think this is a raffle. We SHOULD win but I'm never overly optimistic when we're firm favourites. It just doesn't lay lightly on my shoulders.

I hope we show Premiership quality and win by a couple.

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

Glad we agree about your posts re SMISA and GS.

As for the game. It's so early in the pre season that anything could happen. I don't know how good the training and match practice has been for either side so I think this is a raffle. We SHOULD win but I'm never overly optimistic when we're firm favourites. It just doesn't lay lightly on my shoulders.

I hope we show Premiership quality and win by a couple.

I thought before even Oran went we would be, like last season waiting till the end of the window, or beyond to,pick up known talent. Hopefully wee Oan will shine, not convinced by Andreu, but lets see. If we sign the dutch striker, just hope we can feed him decent ball to give him a chance.

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I thought before even Oran went we would be, like last season waiting till the end of the window, or beyond to,pick up known talent. Hopefully wee Oan will shine, not convinced by Andreu, but lets see. If we sign the dutch striker, just hope we can feed him decent ball to give him a chance.

It would certainly make a nice change to play to feet with the wee guy and send in crosses and punt the ball up to the big guy. So many times in the past we seemed to do it the other way round.

Just watched Oan's welcome interview and his E/City post match interview.

This boy has tremendous positivity. Hope it rubs off on some of the other players.

He took a crunching tackle at Stenny, and where lots of players would have made a meal of it and wanted subbed, he just got up and ran it off.

Also comfortable switching positions to try and create space and openings, and better movement off the ball than most of our players.

Great to see that attitude.

Think he will really progress here if the team can step it up a few gears. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Interested to know what others think, should Oan not feature again this Saturday against Livi did someone jump the gun by giving him a contract? Can we afford to pay to develop overseas players when we have an academy thats meant to be producing the raw talent?

Made a point on this yesterday. With so many things going so well at the club the frustrated boo boys are doing their very best to seek out negativity wherever they can. Sad :lol:

2 hours ago, Yflab said:

Possibly. Not every signing works out. Time will tell. We will need a squad large enough once injuries, suspensions and loss of form kick in so I reckon he will feature this season however I don’t think he can shift anyone out the current midfield.

I hope he kicks on and shows a bit of his old man's skill, that would be a bonus. I get some players, especially those technically gifted take time to adapt to the pro game up here. Its much more frenetic than how they were coached to love the ball. Maybe Goody is just protecting him from taking a dint to his confidence.

hope so, would be a great thing if he could really motor with us.

17 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

Fairly sure the intention was for him to always be a squad player hence why he’s on a one year deal. I haven’t seen anything that suggests he’ll break into the team but if injuries mount up who knows.

Fairly sure that wasn't the intention, and wasn't even hinted at when he signed. :blink:

I'm sure he'll play his part this season.  Like all players that currently aren't in the starting 11, it's up to him to work hard in training and force his way into JGs plans. Far too early to write him off. 

Edited by munoz