The Annual BAWA Chess Tournament

truesaint

Are there any old codgers like myself who play the occasional game of chess and want to take part in an online Saints tourney.

The tournament would be hosted on chess.com and the draw would be made by random with each game being a max of 10 mins and is the best out of three.

If you are interested then like or use a different emoji for this post. The tourney will start next sunday and games will be played at a time that suits both parties drawn together. The game must be played within one week. The winner will move onto the next round and the final will be played whenever we reach the final 2 which will depend on how many people wish to enter. If you do not already have a chess.com account then register one for free and pm me your username for both this site and the one on chess.com

The prize - The title of BAWA Grandmaster!

21 minutes ago, truesaint said:

Are there any old codgers like myself who play the occasional game of chess and want to take part in an online Saints tourney.

The tournament would be hosted on chess.com and the draw would be made by random with each game being a max of 10 mins and is the best out of three.

If you are interested then like or use a different emoji for this post. The tourney will start next sunday and games will be played at a time that suits both parties drawn together. The game must be played within one week. The winner will move onto the next round and the final will be played whenever we reach the final 2 which will depend on how many people wish to enter. If you do not already have a chess.com account then register one for free and pm me your username for both this site and the one on chess.com

A sly, if ingenious, method to get likes. :lol:

34 minutes ago, truesaint said:

I like the odd game o chess, but let's make it a no holds barred royale rumble - with no toilet breaks!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7240423/Chess-grandmaster-cheating-scandal-using-phone-look-strategies.html

2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I like the odd game o chess, but let's make it a no holds barred royale rumble - with no toilet breaks!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7240423/Chess-grandmaster-cheating-scandal-using-phone-look-strategies.html

10 mins per game, no breaks and make sure your internet connection is half decent. You in?

LAST CHANCE SALOON for any tactical experts to register for the BAWA Annual Chess Championship . Looks like it is going to be a final between myself and Budthebaker for title of BAWA Grandmaster. You have up to midnight tonight to register if you wish to take part. See first post for info....

4 minutes ago, truesaint said:

LAST CHANCE SALOON for any tactical experts to register for the BAWA Annual Chess Championship . Looks like it is going to be a final between myself and Budthebaker for title of BAWA Grandmaster. You have up to midnight tonight to register if you wish to take part. See first post for info....

C'mon @Bud the Baker, although if he loses you must insist he gets his fecking hair cut.

#ponytailsformincers :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, truesaint said:

Fair Point she would be the favourite. She will step aside and let the final commence then If no-one else fancies a shot at the title. What about poker? I would like to expect a better response if I set up an online Poker tourney?

When you get to a pool tournament give me a shout. :wink:

26 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

When you get to a pool tournament give me a shout. :wink:

Ah you are a swimmer. Bit difficult to do online. Will speak to elderslie baths and arrange something for you unless you prefer speed races down the slides at the lagoon.