St Mirren v Edinburgh City

St.Ricky

26 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Oh dèar, somebody tripped up bigtime and just keeps on tripping!

Going to to help you out here, so bear with me

My original quote

"We are in, by far, the weakest group. Still should qualify , however we need goals

This isnt Goodys team, its probably closer to Stubbs team than Orans................

Priority- get players in, get them across the line, and give some players who play at committing to us ( SMcGinn in particular) a jolt....."

I said closer to Stubbs team - why?

Well Orans Team had Loan signings who have not resigned, Jack's team had players who Stubbs didnt want

So the same nucleus from Stubbs era is still there............... and the whole point !!!

Its not Goodys team

If you and Wendy want I can do it in bigger letters and shorter words or draw a picture :rolleyes:

It’s unfortunate, a draw in the first game, even if we lost the shootout would very likely have been enough to put us through given the other teams. We’re now in a situation where we need to win all the remaining games & a few goal cushion wouldn’t go a miss. 

I think we’ll do it, as said it’s a very weak group. A number of players in our team should know not to take these teams for granted after last season, that’s for sure. 

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

My original quote

"We are in, by far, the weakest group. Still should qualify , however we need goals

This isnt Goodys team, its probably closer to Stubbs team than Orans................

Priority- get players in, get them across the line, and give some players who play at committing to us ( SMcGinn in particular) a jolt....."

Well Orans Team had Loan signings who have not resigned, Jack's team had players who Stubbs didnt want

So the same nucleus from Stubbs era is still there............... and the whole point !!!

Its not Goodys team

If you and Wendy want I can do it in bigger letters and shorter words or draw a picture :rolleyes:

Lol....

dont you mean closer to Rae's team too?

ha, ha, ha,

20 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

When is the latest we can sign someone and have them available for tomorrow night?

If they were registered in Scotland probably up until the office shuts. Players requiring international clearance i would guess that deadline has passed if you havent yet started the process.

My original quote

Its not Goodys team

The gift that keeps on giving............ :lol:

As I said previously, if the same players from the Stubbs era are still here then they were obviously here for the Kearney era!

It really is proving too complicated for you! [emoji23]

:1eye

On 7/15/2019 at 11:24 AM, faraway saint said:
On 7/15/2019 at 11:15 AM, DougJamie said:

Yes and the mighty Spartans and the Accies slayers Queens Park :lol:

However you shake it mate, its Shite v Shite

You forgot Dumbarton. :wink:

Anyhow, we're sure to go through, the remaining games are easy. 

Really! they should be of course; but  😓

Edinburgh City boss James McDonaugh ready to battle rising expectations

Edinburgh City made it to the play-offs last season. Pic: TSPL

Edinburgh City made it to the play-offs last season. Pic: TSPL
Published: 06:30Wednesday 17 July 2019
  •  
  •  
  •  
Edinburgh City boss James McDonaugh admits expectation levels have risen at the League Two club following a season in which they found themselves very much in contention for the title.

Ultimately, the Citizens finished third and lost out on possible promotion via the play-offs after being beaten home and away by Clyde.

However, McDonaugh insisted any sense of disappointment should be tempered by recalling just how far the Capital outfit have come, pointing out that this will be only their fourth season in the SPFL.

“It’s that Scottish mentality,” he claimed, “People always say the glass is half-empty, but at the end of the day, we’d more than doubled our points tally from the previous season and to be in that race for promotion was an absolute credit to everyone at the football club.

“We played more than 50 games and were really stretched going into the last league game when we had 12 players out. I don’t see many full-time teams in the country being able to cope with that, far less a part-time club like us.

“It was great to be up there. Expectation levels have risen, people around the club expect higher, which is interesting considering we’ve only been in the league three years. People have to keep their feet on the ground, everyone wants to win and make progress and that will be our aim.”

Having won three pre-season friendlies, beating Gala Fairydean, St Johnstone’s Under-20s and an East of Scotland (City) Cup final, held over from last season, against East Kilbride, the serious action for McDonaugh’s players begins tonight when they face a trip to play Premiership side St Mirren as they open their Betfred Cup campaign in Paisley.

“It’s tough right away,” said McDonaugh. “The League Cup is a bit of a disaster for part-time teams to be honest. Everyone seems to share that opinion.

“It’s too early for teams like us. There’s a few injuries from last season which we can’t do anything about, boys just back from holiday and one who can’t make the game because he can’t get time off work, so we’re already scraping up a team to play.

“Having said that, the other side is that there have already been one or two surprise results in the competition.”

One such surprise was Championship side Dunfermline racing into a 3-0 lead by half-time against the Buddies at the weekend before the Pars held on to win 3-2 in their opening Betfred Cup match, one witnessed by McDonaugh, who cautioned: “We have to be careful not to have a false sense of optimism that they can be got at or are poor.

“They are still a team three leagues above us with better players than us, but we’ll try to come up with something.”

Further cup matches against Dunfermline, East Kilbride and Albion Rovers follow but, insisted McDonaugh, it is the league that matters, City’s first match away to League Two newcomers Cove Rangers, who signalled their intent by appointing former, Hearts, Celtic, Hibs and Scotland star Paul Hartley as manager.

And, in quick succession, McDonaugh’s side will take on Brechin and Stenhousemuir, the two clubs relegated from League One at the end of last season. He said: “I think Cove will be one of the fancied teams, but there are five or six who could win it. It’s a very hard league to get out of when there is only one automatic promotion place.”

Injuries ultimately hindered City last season, McDonaugh reckoning that over the course of 36 league games there was a total of 196 missed by his players, meaning that at least five were out at any one time.

He said: “We’ve invested a bit in the back room staff to try to reduce the number of injuries if we can. It obviously helps getting our best team on the park as much as possible.”

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Is it wet in Paisley. Rain running down the office window here in Ayrshire but was contemplating coming to the game if not too wet.

WEDNESDAY
5pm

6pm

7pm

8pm

9pm

10pm

11pm

12am

Forecast Cloudy Showers Showers Cloudy Showers Showers Cloudy Mostly Cloudy
Temp (°C) 16° 16° 16° 16° 16° 15° 15° 13°
RealFeel® 13° 12° 12° 14° 13° 12° 13° 12°