St Mirren v Edinburgh City

St.Ricky

6 minutes ago, TopCat said:

No? Unless Albion Rovers beat Dunfermline 9 points will be enough. It was last year.

But didn’t we only get through by virtue of beating Dumbarton 6-0? I.e. if we’d beaten them 4-0 we wouldn’t have qualified?

ETA I think Cornwall has answered my question. Don’t know why I had thought we needed those goals.

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I presume we’re going to have to absolutely batter EK and Albion Rovers to have any chance of making it through?

We will absolutely pump the 2 of them.

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

But didn’t we only get through by virtue of beating Dumbarton 6-0? I.e. if wed beaten them 4-0 we wouldn’t have qualified?

It went down to the Sunday because ICT were playing Hearts - they got pumped. ICT went out on a GD of +1 - We had +6. Partick were 4th on +3, so even 4-0 would have been enough. At the time a pumping was needed as ICT’s GD was in a decent position.

Absolutely dire. Two games in a row were we have no idea what system were supposed to be playing. I really can't sum up the game it was so dreadful. Goody is kidding surely Quote we only need 5 signings. Unquote. He needs 5 at back alone. Really stumped for words. Hladky apart pass Mark's for absolutely no one .

30 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I only saw the second half thanks to SMFCTV’s cock up, but based on that I’d say the only player who looked anything like the part was Djorkaeff.

You didn’t miss much. Djorkaeff will definitely be a starting player going forward, Flynn and Baird got pass marks, as did Mullen when he came on.However I don’t think McPherson, Erahon or Cooke should be getting starts, I would suggest that it might be good for them to go out on loan till the new year. Edinburgh were better than I expected, but we were pretty toothless right up till the 70 minute. Definitely need 5-6 quality signings before the start of the season (league) onward and upwards 

11 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Absolutely dire. Two games in a row were we have no idea what system were supposed to be playing. I really can't sum up the game it was so dreadful. Goody is kidding surely Quote we only need 5 signings. Unquote. He needs 5 at back alone. Really stumped for words. Hladky apart pass Mark's for absolutely no one .

Djorkaeff out wide looked very handy.

Don't get why we didn't keep him out there when Erhahon came on. Won't someone please see what we can all see with Ethan in wide positions?

He's not fast, not particularly skillful, doesn't have a great range of passing, doesn't beat a man and rarely even manages to pass to anything other than his opponent's legs. His biggest strength is allegedly breaking up play. So at least give him minutes as a holding mid. Christ knows it couldn't be any worse than playing his as far out of his comfort zone as we are.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Djorkaeff out wide looked very handy.

Don't get why we didn't keep him out there when Erhahon came on. Won't someone please see what we can all see with Ethan in wide positions?

He's not fast, not particularly skillful, doesn't have a great range of passing, doesn't beat a man and rarely even manages to pass to anything other than his opponent's legs. His biggest strength is allegedly breaking up play. So at least give him minutes as a holding mid. Christ knows it couldn't be any worse than playing his as far out of his comfort zone as we are.

But he's young. :wink:

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

But he's young. :wink:

And that's another problem. It's going to absolutely shatter the guy to bits to be playing so badly out of position and perform so poorly week in week out.

He's actually regressed from when he first broke in where in his first dozen or so games, he actually looked passable as a left sided player with a few off moments but certainly not sticking out like a sore thumb. 

If we can't give him games in holding mid (which we probably shouldn't at this point - the lad is still only 18 after all and doesn't appear to be ready) then perhaps a development loan at a part time side (such as Alloa, or a league one side) might be a good shout to try and aid him on and bring him back up.

Edited by djchapsticks

Thought Cammy McPherson had a decent game tonight considering he is not a right back. But we were absolutely toothless up front until Mullen came on. Oan was decent - we actually had someone who would try and find space. And Erhahon as a left winger?????

Just now, djchapsticks said:

And that's another problem. It's going to absolutely shatter the guy to bits to be playing so badly out of position and perform so poorly week in week out.

He's actually regressed from when he first broke in where in his first dozen or so games, he actually looked passable as a left sided player with a few off moments but certainly not sticking out like a sore thumb. 

If we can't give him games in holding mid (which we shouldn't at this point - the lad is still only 18 after all) then perhaps a development loan at a part time side (such as Alloa, or a league one side) might be a good shout to try and aid him on and bring him back up.

I agree, not helping HIM as a player but he's had umpteen chances to show he has ability and, no matter the position, falls flat.

Not writing him off but he's been a weak link in many games and we cannot afford that.

is it all down to him, who knows but at the end of the day he's on the park. 

Just now, faraway saint said:

I agree, not helping HIM as a player but he's had umpteen chances to show he has ability and, no matter the position, falls flat.

Not writing him off but he's been a weak link in many games and we cannot afford that.

is it all down to him, who knows but at the end of the day he's on the park. 

I don't agree. In my opinion we improved with the changes that were made and thought Ethan did OK as a left sided midfielder. It was good to see Paul McGinn who played left back tonight encouraging him to take people on. We all see games differently, I suppose. Not the finished article, I agree but only 18 and shaping up to be a big strong player. 

7 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Thought Cammy McPherson had a decent game tonight considering he is not a right back. But we were absolutely toothless up front until Mullen came on. Oan was decent - we actually had someone who would try and find space. And Erhahon as a left winger?????

I must have been watching a different game? He misplaced passes frequently and didn’t get past a single player when attacking. 

Edited by ALBIONSAINT

Cammy put in some decent crosses but unfortunately noone was pushing forward to get in there to win the headers. He's definitely worth trying at right back again.

Cooke was particularly poor tonight. Ethan did alright on the left. Seemed more confident further forward although I'd rather see him in the holding midfield position that out wide.

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Newton Faulkner? Think I’d rather have been watchin the Murn.

Newton Faulkner?Think I'd rather have been watchin the soap dodgers.

Please tell us it was a freebie.