St Mirren v Edinburgh City

St.Ricky

11 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I must have been watching a different game? He misplaced passes frequently and didn’t get past a single player when attacking. 

The manager agrees with you watching a different game.

26 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

I agree with what you said about the agents, but how do you know you’re not in the big bad Gordon is a liar club?

Only Baz gets to decide who is in that club and he doesn’t let facts get in the way of his decision on this. 

Ever since I told Elderslie golf club secretary, 30 odd years ago, that he could shove his renewal subscription right up his arse, I vowed never to join any club ever again.:)

12 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Much as I like JG please don’t take us for mugs that was not a good professional performance yes we we won but very clearly we were woeful against a part time side from the bottom tier please Jim let’s have some honesty.

Coming out and saying every performance is woeful is not going to build much confidence in the team.

I am sure Jim can see how much we need to improve, and I'm sure he is also a good man manager.

The team needs confidence, anyone can see that.

22 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I don't think I am in any club, but Gordon is a liar which has been seen quite a few times. Wouldn't class him as big, or particularly bad compared to most people.

I still have never heard of an agent or player asking for an increased wage as part of a loan deal. I suppose it must be possible though.

Then again, you or I have never been involved in negotiating a player's contract in a transfer deal.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, a 1-0 victory over a REAL team would be nice, against a diddy team, better than nothing, only just. 

It's this sort of arrogant Billy Big Baws attitude that fires up these "diddy" teams when they play against the likes of us.

It's almost as though you know nothing about how professional sport works.

32 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's this sort of arrogant Billy Big Baws attitude that fires up these "diddy" teams when they play against the likes of us.

It's almost as though you know nothing about how professional sport works.

And yet again, you have no idea about football................................I love it when you pour scorn on yourself. :lol:

PS Wait a wee minute, are you no one of the clowns that are always preaching about us aiming high yet you're here crowing about a 1-0 victory over a diddy team?

You need to take a break. :byebye

PPS Did you see ANY of the game last night? :rolleyes:

Edited by faraway saint

20 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Then again, you or I have never been involved in negotiating a player's contract in a transfer deal.

Very true. I am wondering about the legality of it though, surely his contracted wage is the one paid by Dinamo? It is then up to Dinamo & St Mirren to work out how to split that.

Maybe it wasn't a loan deal after all.

16 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Very true. I am wondering about the legality of it though, surely his contracted wage is the one paid by Dinamo? It is then up to Dinamo & St Mirren to work out how to split that.

Maybe it wasn't a loan deal after all.

If I was asked to upsticks and go and work for another employer on a temporary basis, I would ask for a bonus and travel expenses and accomodation expenses at the very least. Other wise no thanks, why should I be out of pocket and have a big impact on my family life. Especially if as in this case I'm moving to another country.

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

I don't think I am in any club, but Gordon is a liar which has been seen quite a few times. Wouldn't class him as big, or particularly bad compared to most people.

I still have never heard of an agent or player asking for an increased wage as part of a loan deal. I suppose it must be possible though.

If I was an employee who was effectively being seconded to another organisation, I’d be looking for my wages plus expenses/ disturbance. 

If I’m being sent to a different country then I’d be expecting things such as flights home, reasonable accommodation, possibly even use of a car to be covered. 

It can only be speculation but perhaps it was this type of demand, that the agent would be likely to be looking after, that was going to be more costly than originally envisaged/ agreed. 

Loan deals, particularly where the player is having to move country are undoubtedly more complex than just covering some or all of the wages. 

3 minutes ago, insaintee said:

If I was asked to upsticks and go and work for another employer on a temporary basis, I would ask for a bonus and travel expenses and accomodation expenses at the very least. Other wise no thanks, why should I be out of pocket and have a big impact on my family life. Especially if as in this case I'm moving to another country.

Beat me to it!

2 minutes ago, insaintee said:

Oh boy, another one comparing the career of a professional footballer with their job in HR getting moved to Milton Keynes :lol:

13 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Not been a great start. Am hopeful that Goodwin will make a right go of managing us but fearful we have financially ruined the relatively healthy position we were on a year ago with all the events since and this will be our undoing this season. I hope l am wrong.

Agree on Jim Goodwin. I think he has the ability to do a fine job for us - as did Oran Kearney. Hopefully, you are wrong on the finances, and the accounts, when published,  will show otherwise. However  if the Club has squandered the significant income generated over the last few seasons then the judgement of the Board has to be questioned.

Edited by magnus

1 minute ago, DumboBud said:

If I was an employee who was effectively being seconded to another organisation, I’d be looking for my wages plus expenses/ disturbance. 

And another :lol:

I am sure Mihai is more than happy to move to Scotland or England to play football.

That aside, I wasn't saying there is anything wrong with his agent negotiating. I'm only saying my understanding until now has been that a loan player can't negotiate a separate contract with a 2nd club on top his contract with his parent club.

16 minutes ago, Kemp said:

And another :lol:

I am sure Mihai is more than happy to move to Scotland or England to play football.

That aside, I wasn't saying there is anything wrong with his agent negotiating. I'm only saying my understanding until now has been that a loan player can't negotiate a separate contract with a 2nd club on top his contract with his parent club.

In Kemp’s world this is the loan deal conversation 😂

Current club: Mihai, we’ve agreed with a club in Scotland that you will move there and play for them, you will love it. 

Mihai: Where will I stay? How will I get to training? How will I get to Scotland, how will I get home? 

Current Club: That’s your problem to sort out, you will still get your wages so I don’t  know what you’re complaining about and don’t go asking for anything  from your new club. 

38 minutes ago, magnus said:

Agree on Jim Goodwin. I think he has the ability to do a fine job for us - as did Oran Kearney. Hopefully, you are wrong on the finances, and the accounts, when published,  will show otherwise. However  if the Club has squandered the significant income generated over the last few seasons then the judgement of the Board has to be questioned.

Has the club squandered income or did it spend what we had available to stay up? (AND by the skin of our teeth at that)  :2cool

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and no business always makes perfect decisions - there are always complications, like sick employees (injured footballers) etc.

However, I make this point - we can clearly do much better internally than we have been doing with contracts and planning ahead (do we even have a realistic contingency plan?) . . .   :magic

25 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

In Kemp’s world this is the loan deal conversation 😂

Current club: Mihai, we’ve agreed with a club in Scotland that you will move there and play for them, you will love it. 

Mihai: Where will I stay? How will I get to training? How will I get to Scotland, how will I get home? 

Current Club: That’s your problem to sort out, you will still get your wages so I don’t  know what you’re complaining about and don’t go asking for anything  from your new club. 

I very much doubt Popescu’s transport to Ralston was the stumbling block on the deal, but if that’s the case then Goody can give him a backy on his bike and we are sorted.

10 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Has the club squandered income or did it spend what we had available to stay up? (AND by the skin of our teeth at that)  :2cool

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and no business always makes perfect decisions - there are always complications, like sick employees (injured footballers) etc.

However, I make this point - we can clearly do much better internally than we have been doing with contracts and planning ahead (do we even have a realistic contingency plan?) . . .   :magic

I don’t think we wasted money in January, but in pretty much every other window for the last 5 years we have wasted a lot! Including a lot of Jack Ross signings towards the end of his time in charge.

11 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I don’t think we wasted money in January, but in pretty much every other window for the last 5 years we have wasted a lot! Including a lot of Jack Ross signings towards the end of his time in charge.

I think every club wastes money in that case then. Watt at the Fakes - great start but disappeared, Weah similar at Tic, Add in Marvin Compper too or Sammon at Hearts etc.

We can all have opinions - e.g. did we need to resign Ferdinand in January?

I do think Oran's signings proved better because he signed better players. It seems to me that we are trying hard to sign mediocre players and cut costs, and this is far more risky... but that is simply my opinion . . .

I do think positively about JR overall. I think he signed squad extras to make sure we were covered and he was permitted to do so by the BOD... had we picked up some more injuries, 1 or more of them may have proved to have made the difference.

10 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I think every club wastes money in that case then. Watt at the Fakes - great start but disappeared, Weah similar at Tic, Add in Marvin Compper too or Sammon at Hearts etc.

We can all have opinions - e.g. did we need to resign Ferdinand in January?

I do think Oran's signings proved better because he signed better players. It seems to me that we are trying hard to sign mediocre players and cut costs, and this is far more risky... but that is simply my opinion . . .

I do think positively about JR overall. I think he signed squad extras to make sure we were covered and he was permitted to do so by the BOD... had we picked up some more injuries, 1 or more of them may have proved to have made the difference.

WTF, my eyes are bleeding, and that's just looking at the different types of font and sizes. :blink:

25 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

WTF, my eyes are bleeding, and that's just looking at the different types of font and sizes. :blink:

Stop complaining. No irrelevant Emoji from him. 

Here is a suitable one for him. 

:snore

2 hours ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Not been a great start. Am hopeful that Goodwin will make a right go of managing us but fearful we have financially ruined the relatively healthy position we were on a year ago with all the events since and this will be our undoing this season. I hope l am wrong.

Would say you are spot in with your assessment. Jim Goodwin can be a good manager I'm sure if he gets who he wants  but he is no miracle worker.