St Mirren v Edinburgh City

St.Ricky

54 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Anyone know why the disallowed goal was chopped off?

There was no commentary on SMTV and they didn't show a replay.

Was offside 100%  we were sitting in line and i was convinced the goal was good till my niece showed me her phone she had filmed it 6 years old didn't even know she had one, was more accurate than VAR  :lol:  

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

WTF, my eyes are bleeding, and that's just looking at the different types of font and sizes. :blink:

Sounds serious - you should probably visit a doctor - imagine 2 different fonts causing you such a serious condition...

HEADS up - He or she  will probably tell you that you are spending too much time on your electronic boxes and to give yourself (and all of us) a rest !  😜

And another default_laugh.png I am sure Mihai is more than happy to move to Scotland or England to play football.

That aside, I wasn't saying there is anything wrong with his agent negotiating. I'm only saying my understanding until now has been that a loan player can't negotiate a separate contract with a 2nd club on top his contract with his parent club.

^^^^^^ thinks he’s Mino Raiola

:lol:

1 minute ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

A bit worrying if he thinks Cammy McPherson is playing at the level that we should be aspiring too 😯

Well he was a manager at a team who survived relegation on the final day in the league BELOW ours. You would think our players should be better than the ones he had previously...  OR he is comparing Cammy with Ethan at FB . . . 😨

6 hours ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Not been a great start. Am hopeful that Goodwin will make a right go of managing us but fearful we have financially ruined the relatively healthy position we were on a year ago with all the events since and this will be our undoing this season. I hope l am wrong.

The undoing was giving Goodwin the job i'm afraid.....

1 minute ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Who would you have played at full back instead?

I think it’s obvious that we don’t have the quality of player at the club right now to fill this and other positions. This will therefore become problematic as the season unfolds IF we can’t sign better players. I don’t see Cammy or Ethan being at the appropriate stage of their development to hold down starting places going forward (similarly they didn’t appear regularly in the second half of the season when replaced by loan deal players) 

My original point was that I was surprised that JG thought Cammy had an ‘excellent game’ I suppose I was worried that this was the level of performance that we should aspire too/hope for during the upcoming season. I disagree, I think we will struggle with the current squad. Hopefully the club will find some quality signings before the window closes.

so too answer your original question, I would have played Cammy given there are no other options available. 

12 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Has the club squandered income or did it spend what we had available to stay up? (AND by the skin of our teeth at that)  :2cool

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and no business always makes perfect decisions - there are always complications, like sick employees (injured footballers) etc.

However, I make this point - we can clearly do much better internally than we have been doing with contracts and planning ahead (do we even have a realistic contingency plan?) . . .   :magic

We have had £900k from McGinn, supposedly up to £400k for McAllister, £300k for Morgan and was it £200k and small fees for Jason Naismith and Ross Stewart, £200k compensation for Jack Ross and James Fowler in 3 years.. £2million in transfer fees... but we've also had over 80 players sign and leave and are on our 5th manager in the same timeframe.

10 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

We have had £900k from McGinn, supposedly up to £400k for McAllister, £300k for Morgan and was it £200k and small fees for Jason Naismith and Ross Stewart, £200k compensation for Jack Ross and James Fowler in 3 years.. £2million in transfer fees... but we've also had over 80 players sign and leave and are on our 5th manager in the same timeframe.

Other than McGinn all of those numbers are way out!

10 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Not sure all your figures are correct but I get your point and it is a fair one.  I think there is still money to come from the McGinn transfer. Your figure on McAllister is way too high though and I suspect others are out too. You could add in income for Samson, Rice and Smith, but we have paid money for Rice, Stewart, JP & JF, JG & LS etc. etc. too.

Our business has gone through some massive changes and that is clearly a factor in the huge turnover of staff. Scott came in as Chairman to do it differently. We took a big gamble to avoid relegation, then another to try to win promotion - this involved many of the signings you are talking about. Totally different level of business in the Premiership and we begin with the loss of our manager, his assistance, the 1st choice Goalie they also took. Then we employed a clown & his stooge which was clearly a disaster and included him persuading us to sign diddies like Heaton. So New manager, Gus, & Nicholl all brought in, and a bigger gamble getting some quality players in on much bigger money than Scott was really comfortable with. Then the fall out, Nicholl let go and Oran soon follows. JG brought in when so little is in place etc. etc. etc.LS

There will be more players in - there has to be - and more than 4 or 5...  But I fear Scott has reigned in the purse strings just in case JG needs to be replaced. I understand his contingency thinking, but he is making it more likely by being tight early on. Rumour is he did this with Oran too... This is purely my opinion, cause it is clear that there is more money projected in the funds than there was last season...