David Riley Q&A

bazil85

7 minutes ago, slapsalmon said:

Right I'll bite. 

Yes I think he's talking shite with the ten %. Reason he could be talking shite? PR. Make it sound too good to turn down. 

You’re choice to think that. How does he benefit from PR to make it sound to good to turn down when it’s actually not? 

10 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

You’re choice to think that. How does he benefit from PR to make it sound to good to turn down when it’s actually not? 

Because there was already some discontent about the arrangement. A wee bit of PR to placate it isn't really much of a stretch to believe.

I think when the accounts come out and we see the size of the wage bill it'll be plain as day that the 3 games worth of gate from the family stand could be nowhere near 10%

1 hour ago, slapsalmon said:

Take your nose out his arse for 1 second.

The quote above seems to contradict the 10%.

Neither of us know any facts, and the likelihood is we never will, but because GLS said it doesn't make it automatically true. The closest we will get is when the accounts are published. My reckoning is the family stand got nowhere near the 10% increase in playing budget previously mentioned, the 2 players in January is far more believable to me.  Christ you even started your chat on the subject with it being worth 1, maybe 2 max players! 

If GLS told you he had a bag full of magic beans you'd believe him FFS

In relation to that last question.... its not even a question to Jack...sorry Baz

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

A lot of information people can get behind in that (including me). As usual though still tinged with abnormal negativity and unrealistic expectations. There is of course the massive elephant in the room as well with this post... Are these times of difficulty?

- SP football, something that's been roughly a 50:50 split over the last generation 

- two seasons of high ST sales, higher than anytime in at least the last decade

- Several assets with and away from the club that we will financially benefit from in the event of big sales

- Cracking and modern stadium/ facilities

- No debt

- a fan ownership buyout that's miles ahead of target 

- Arguably the most promising young manager in Scottish football. 

Don't get me wrong I agree fully on the issues with the ticket system, I think it's reasonable to query what innovative plans (not sure what you mean by 'brand new' as in no other club or company have ever thought of them before? That's a big ask) we've got (although I think the fact this is a transitional period is likely a decent excuse to not do anything drastic), how are we backing up the ambition TF wants us to have? All fair enough. 

Where this falls down for me is some of your other points. We know the nature of the modern world is people want every shred of information & they want it yesterday! Not reasonable at all. 

- Struggle to recruit players, we have seen several interviews saying this is ongoing and people are working hard, there is no more people can expect from this in July. If it's the same situation on 1st September, by all means go nuts. Nothing more the club should be doing on this right now in regards to informing fans. It really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone the difficulties clubs at our level face. 

- We know what the role of Gus is. It was a success in his first transfer window, again nothing more to clarify here but if it's the same on 1st September by all means 

- releasing players & other staff costs. None of our business, this is part and parcel of football & we have absolutely no right to know the finances on this. If you left a job with a package would you be happy if they announced it to the world? I wouldn't be surprised if releasing actual financial details on this was illegal TBH

Congratulations ONCE AGAIN on making up things literally nobody else is raising and then arguing against them.

I have no idea why you made that bullet-pointed list when nobody raised issues about any of the items.

1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

He never missed out the fans, or as he called them supporters.

Here he speaks about the fans specifically before the question you've selected a part of the answer from.

Q: As SMISA’s elected representative how important is it to ensure the supporters are taken into consideration where possible?

A: It's my top priority. I'm a supporter first and foremost, as is everyone on the board. I'm focussing on improving the supporter experience in all dealings with the club. Without supporters we wouldn't have a club so we should never stop looking for ways to improve the relationship between the club and those who spend a lot of money supporting us.

Do you honestly think that doesn't mean including communicating with the fans?

I'm sorry I must have missed all the announcements he made over the last few months. Perhaps you can direct me to his blog, his forum posts, his twitter feed, anything really.

If he's not doing any of those then how exactly is he communicating with the wider Saints support?

Oh and BTW, that answer he gave is meaningless. Anyone can say that. Companies come out with this sort of thing all the time. I'd prefer to see hard evidence.

If I'm being harsh with him then I am happy to back down but I would want to see some evidence first.

Load of shite and in your heart you know it

He us taking the path of least resistance. Easy money. Nothing more. Nothing less.

No attempt to generate the cash elsewhere. No initiative. No inspiration. No leadership.

Path of least resistance and the easy money.

If you stopped idolising him for a second and removed your head from his bahoochie you might see that.

Lies.
Misdirection.
Deflection.
Create confusion.
Sound knowledgeable.
Feels the need.

So many reasons... ...

Congratulations ONCE AGAIN on making up things literally nobody else is raising and then arguing against them.
I have no idea why you made that bullet-pointed list when nobody raised issues about any of the items.

Words of wisdom!
Totally agree.

In that interview, Riley talks about communication being the most important part of his job.
I agree.
He mentioned having to communicate with respected people in the game, other directors etc.
3 guesses who he missed out.
That's right - the fans.
A lot of fans are angry because they are hearing absolutely nothing they can trust about why we are struggling to recruit players, what the role of Gus is, how much it is costing us to continually release players, managers, coaching staff, what is happening with the continued problems with the ticketing system, why are we seeing no brand new income streams to bring more money into the club 3 years into Gordon's tenure, what specific plans have been put in place to (correctly) justify talking about top 6, top 4 .....the list is endless.
Maybe if there was better communication from board level during times of difficulty there would be more understanding. They are quite happy to talk when times are good but when they clam up the second things go awry then it's understandable why ordinary fans are getting on their case. Senior managers and board members never seem to get their skulls around this because they are usually too busy trying to save their own necks. That is absolutely what has been going on at the club and THAT deserves to be criticised.

14 hours ago, slapsalmon said:

Because there was already some discontent about the arrangement. A wee bit of PR to placate it isn't really much of a stretch to believe.

I think when the accounts come out and we see the size of the wage bill it'll be plain as day that the 3 games worth of gate from the family stand could be nowhere near 10%

Well why didn’t he stop the arrangement this year? He could easily have said they’d listened to fan feedback & he would have been praised for that. It’s still in place because of how profitable it is. 

13 hours ago, oaksoft said:

If you’re talking about the first list, it was my query on why people would think these were difficult times? 

If it’s the second list you’re talking about, it’s practically a lift and shift from your post. 

12 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Load of shite and in your heart you know it

He us taking the path of least resistance. Easy money. Nothing more. Nothing less.

No attempt to generate the cash elsewhere. No initiative. No inspiration. No leadership.

Path of least resistance and the easy money.

If you stopped idolising him for a second and removed your head from his bahoochie you might see that.

What part of my post do you specifically disagree with? I think you’ll find I said I agree with people questioning where the innovation is...

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

I gave someone else a list of why a person may do such a thing! Was I talking TO you?

Interesting that you feel I am talking specifically ABOUT YOU when I mentioned no names!

If the cap fits!

You responded to Oaks response to me ffs. Is this you doing a wee bit more of your spin tactics like you did with the flute? :rolleyes:

seems like it... yet you still can’t show any examples where I have done anything you claim. 😁

You responded to Oaks response to me ffs. Is this you doing a wee bit more of your spin tactics like you did with the flute? :rolleyes:
seems like it... yet you still can’t show any examples where I have done anything you claim. [emoji16]
No need.

People can clearly see the truth.

5 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

No need.

People can clearly see the truth.

They can and the truth is like everyone else you can’t show where I have lied or spun anything. You on the other hand have proven yet again you love a bit of spin in your ‘when u mentioned no names’ comment... 

miss-direction

create confusion 

deflection. 

Caught out and evidenced 😁

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Well why didn’t he stop the arrangement this year? He could easily have said they’d listened to fan feedback & he would have been praised for that. It’s still in place because of how profitable it is. 

Its possible that he thinks the safety net of being able to bring in 2 players(if the quote above is correct) in January is worth it. Maybe he thinks a small amount of money is better than not having it. 

It's in place because he wants it to be in place. 

Edited by slapsalmon

8 minutes ago, slapsalmon said:

Its possible that he thinks the safety net of being able to bring in 2 players(if the quote above is correct) in January is worth it. Maybe he thinks a small amount of money is better than not having it. 

It's in place because he wants it to be in place. 

Still need to remember the quote doesn’t say that’s all the arrangement could afford that’s you making an assumption that someone with full access to our financial situation & even by your own admission minimum to gain (and nothing personally) is lying. 

43 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Still need to remember the quote doesn’t say that’s all the arrangement could afford that’s you making an assumption that someone with full access to our financial situation & even by your own admission minimum to gain (and nothing personally) is lying. 

I agree, but it's how I interpret it. I wouldn't say stopping discontent is minimum to gain either, so that is definitely not my admission. 

What you are doing is the same though, assuming that what you are being told is the truth in spite of any hard evidence. 

1 hour ago, slapsalmon said:

I agree, but it's how I interpret it. I wouldn't say stopping discontent is minimum to gain either, so that is definitely not my admission. 

What you are doing is the same though, assuming that what you are being told is the truth in spite of any hard evidence. 

I’m assuming it’s the truth because it’s in black and white from an official club statement from a person with full access to our finances & little/ nothing to gain from lying. 

You're believing the opposite based on a throw away sentence that doesn’t even close to confirm the contrary or suggest any lies.

Significant difference I would say.  

Anytime I've had communications with anyone at SMISA I've had a automated reply then the person concerned follows that up with a reply.

It's that easy if you really do it. [emoji6]

And he's communicating with the fans regarding what he's doing by publishing the Q&A you read. [emoji106]

That's my experience too.

Got something I want to ask or enquire about, I email the contact@smisa address and get a fairly swift response.

Couple of weeks ago, i received a reply from David Riley. Also met him at the SMISA AGM & had a chat. A decent fella.

Only q i have about this q&a is, who asked or where were these questions generated.