David Riley Q&A

bazil85

I’m assuming it’s the truth because it’s in black and white from an official club statement from a person with full access to our finances & little/ nothing to gain from lying. 
You're believing the opposite based on a throw away sentence that doesn’t even close to confirm the contrary or suggest any lies.
Significant difference I would say.  
Nice shift of the goalposts there.

Previously you were adamant he had "nothing" to gain from lying!

Now you say "little / nothing" so by your own admission he could well have something to gain.

Another Baz u turn.

10 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Nice shift of the goalposts there.

Previously you were adamant he had "nothing" to gain from lying!

Now you say "little / nothing" so by your own admission he could well have something to gain.

Another Baz u turn.

Haha what a pitiful effort even by your low standards!

To clarify I fully believe he has nothing to gain, the very best case gain Slapsalmon could come up with is that maybe he sees a small financial gain for the club as a gain for him. I don’t believe that, I think his word is just, because he has nothing to gain. 

I was comparing on both POV not on my own which remains, why would he lie when he has nothing to gain? 

Your desperation to show where I have shifted goalposts continues to bear no fruit. :rolleyes:

Edited by bazil85

43 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

To clarify I fully believe he has nothing to gain, the very best case gain Slapsalmon could come up with is that maybe he sees a small financial gain for the club as a gain for him. I don’t believe that, I think his word is just, because he has nothing to gain. 

I was comparing on both POV not on my own which remains, why would he lie when he has nothing to gain? 

Your desperation to show where I have shifted goalposts continues to bear no fruit. :rolleyes:

That's not what I said at all. Quelling some discontent was the gain I said. Don't put words in my mouth. 

The statement I chose to believe is no more throwaway than the one you chose to believe. I chose the statement to believe because it was closer to what I already believed the figure could be, which is also in line with what you originally believed before GLS blew smoke up everyone's arse. 

And that statement is not the reason I think he's full of shit. The reason is, the number of seats and what they could potentially sell for - even the gross figure before any deductions-- I don't believe that figure to be anywhere near 10% of the seasons playing budget. I'm sure someone worked out the max gross figure based on 20 quid a seat was 130k or something. I don't believe that is 10% of the seasons playing budget, not even close and that is before Vat, security, police, and whatever other costs are deducted. 

We will have a better idea when the accounts come out, but until then I'd stop putting words in people's mouths, stop spouting repeated shite about how GLS said it so it must be true, and maybe start using a bit of analytical thought and working it out for yourself. 

Because you say he said it so it must be true, doesn't make it so. 

4 minutes ago, slapsalmon said:

That's not what I said at all. Quelling some discontent was the gain I said. Don't put words in my mouth. 

So what do you think he could gain from lying? 

The statement I chose to believe is no more throwaway than the one you chose to believe. I chose the statement to believe because it was closer to what I already believed the figure could be, which is also in line with what you originally believed before GLS blew smoke up everyone's arse. 

Course I do. Mine is backed by an individual with full access to our finances and who I believe has absolutely no gain in lying to fans of SMFC. I also think it would be extremely likely the lie would be found out as others will have access to accounts and it could come back to bite him if false, so why put yourself in that position for no gain? 

And that statement is not the reason I think he's full of shit. The reason is, the number of seats and what they could potentially sell for - even the gross figure before any deductions-- I don't believe that figure to be anywhere near 10% of the seasons playing budget. I'm sure someone worked out the max gross figure based on 20 quid a seat was 130k or something. I don't believe that is 10% of the seasons playing budget, not even close and that is before Vat, security, police, and whatever other costs are deducted. 

I worked it out on £20 but 1,654 seats, up to £27 a ticket + catering is what we need to consider. Anyway again for the benefit of the above, based on £20 a ticket to take account of concessions = £99,240 + whatever the catering income was. Average SMFC player wage last season was roughly £46k and a squad of around about 20-22 (give or take) This could easily be enough for 10% increase to the player budget. 

I also debunked the police and security costs claim with actual figures on their costs. The average policing cost per game is £4,166 (total £1.9 million based on most recent data) that is heavily weighted to larger attendances so obviously we'll be much less than Ibrox, Celtic Park and even the Aberdeen/ Edinburgh teams. Considering we'd still have police and stewarding costs for these games and the added risk of their fans in home stands, the extra is likely very little of the total. 

I don't pretend to be an expert in VAT on ticket prices and there isn't much online but I do know players wages are tax deductible as an expense against income (all to do with recorded profits), the tax implication therefore is likely not massive. 

In summary (and as I have pointed out many times) 10% of player budget is absolutely plausible. 

We will have a better idea when the accounts come out, but until then I'd stop putting words in people's mouths, stop spouting repeated shite about how GLS said it so it must be true, and maybe start using a bit of analytical thought and working it out for yourself. 

Not putting words in anyone's mouth, only ever points of clarity, see first sentence. We also won't realistically know come the time for the accounts because it won't likely be broken down (could be wrong), that won't stop people continually looking for detail that aren't there to keep pushing the "GLS is the devil" bandwagon

Because you say he said it so it must be true, doesn't make it so. Likely is though, isn't it? 

So now you fully believe and yet just a few posts ago you assumed!

Brilliant!

More moving goalposts.

Are you denying that you previously stated he had nothing to gain but then went on to change it to little / nothing?

Caught yet again!

5 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

I read the whole story and I'm sorry if you missed this

Should any member wish to discuss a club-related issue with David, he can be contacted on [email protected]

So anyone is able to communicate with him and I've no doubt that they will get a reply.

Anytime I've had communications with anyone at SMISA I've had a automated reply then the person concerned follows that up with a reply.

It's that easy if you really do it. emoji6.png

And he's communicating with the fans regarding what he's doing by publishing the Q&A you read. emoji106.png

FFS. Talk about missing the point. :lol

When you understand the difference between reactive and proactive communication then come back to me and we can maybe talk.

During the ticketing fiasco and during Spitgate we should have had people like him pro-actively taking to social media to re-assure fans that someone was looking it these things on their behalf. That didn't need ANYONE emailing him and asking him to do it. That should have been a pretty fecking obvious thing for him to have done without being asked.

Edited by oaksoft

55 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

So now you fully believe and yet just a few posts ago you assumed!

Brilliant!

More moving goalposts.

Are you denying that you previously stated he had nothing to gain but then went on to change it to little / nothing?

Caught yet again!

Haha you really are clutching, like I say maybe one day you’ll get me lying or moving goalposts but it won’t be today. (I’ll maybe do it out of pity) 

good to see my stalker in full swing though analysing my every word in the hope of a mistake he can slabber over. :lol:

fully believe and assume aren’t contradictions just fyi. I fully believe he isn’t lying, I made that assumption based on him having nothing to gain (from what I can tell). 

I’ve already explained to you where little to gain/ nothing came from. Little to gain has never been my thought and never been what I have said is my opinion. It was based on another posters previous comment about little financial benefit. 

Gold star for effort but as always, another complete failure from you. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

You've just replied to me telling you the gain by asking what the gain is. Are you for real? 

It's like banging my head against a wall with you. The deductions I was talking about for security weren't "extra" only that we have these deductions so you've debunked f**k all by agreeing that we have a deduction for security. I'm not arguing about what ammount it is. A few grand a game is still a deduction. 

You also don't need tok be an expert to know that 20% of the ticket income goes to vat. Absolutely nothing to do with salaries being deduct able. That's a completely different tax. 

We also have no catering income apart from the franchise fee. 

The backed by an individual with access to the finances is nonsense because so is the one I'm talking about. It also happens to be in line with what you originally stated until the 10% statement. 

Nobody said he's the devil I just said I think he's talking shite with the 10% and I'm not going to change my mind on that. 

Honestly take your tongue out his arse. Round and round in circles asking questions in response to the answer of the question, arguing things I'm not arguing about. It's tiring. You need a f**king hobby

You've just replied to me telling you the gain by asking what the gain is. Are you for real? 

It's like banging my head against a wall with you. The deductions I was talking about for security weren't "extra" only that we have these deductions so you've debunked f**k all by agreeing that we have a deduction for security. I'm not arguing about what ammount it is. A few grand a game is still a deduction. 
You also don't need tok be an expert to know that 20% of the ticket income goes to vat. Absolutely nothing to do with salaries being deduct able. That's a completely different tax. 

The backed by an individual with access to the finances is nonsense because so is the one I'm talking about. It also happens to be in line with what you originally stated until the 10% statement. 

Nobody said he's the devil I just said I think he's talking shite with the 10% and I'm not going to change my mind on that. 

Honestly take your tongue out his arse. Round and round in circles asking questions in response to the answer of the question, arguing things I'm not arguing about. It's tiring. You need a f**king hobby
Can I buy you a pint. Please.
You deserve it.

Once upon a time I put thought into responding to him.

I soon realised how futile it is.

He is incapable of free thought. An automaton! Arse licking automaton at that.

Twists words. Challenge him and he accuses you of whatever he has been guilty of.

Clever if it wasn't so tedious when repeated so often.

He lies so much he cannot possibly keep track of what he has said, so has to come out all bolshee and offensive to deflect and try to save face.

Fails every time but in his tiny mind he "wins" even though it's no game or competition.

Anyway... A pint I owe you!

I look forward to the lies, spin and misdirected you get in reply.

6 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

You deserve it.

Twists words. Challenge him and he accuses you of whatever he has been guilty of.

He lies so much he cannot possibly keep track of what he has said, so has to come out all bolshee and offensive to deflect and try to save face.

Fails every time but in his tiny mind he "wins" even though it's no game or competition.

He better go an delete or edit every post as I'm going to wait for a quiet day in work and sift through them all collecting the contradictions and put it in one massive post for him to argue about haha

I've held off for so long and I'm disappointed in myself for getting involved

1 minute ago, slapsalmon said:

He better go an delete or edit every post as I'm going to wait for a quiet day in work and sift through them all collecting the contradictions and put it in one massive post for him to argue about haha

A futile task, as BEK says, automated responses, unable to think and best ignored as he turns every thread he enters into a game of ping pong. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

A futile task, as BEK says, automated responses, unable to think and best ignored as he turns every thread he enters into a game of ping pong. 

Until I get a quiet day at work and collate his shite. 

His wee head will be like the death star exploding

On 7/17/2019 at 5:44 PM, slapsalmon said:

Because there was already some discontent about the arrangement. A wee bit of PR to placate it isn't really much of a stretch to believe.

I think when the accounts come out and we see the size of the wage bill it'll be plain as day that the 3 games worth of gate from the family stand could be nowhere near 10%

Payoffs and an oversized squad as well as the extra couple of players in January. 

29 minutes ago, slapsalmon said:

Then when I quoted what you said you told me not to put words in your mouth so I was clarifying what you meant  

But the values still fit into the 10% income when you look at our squad size & player wage, that’s the point  

Are you sure this is how it works with ticket prices? Can’t see anything that says it’s a flat 20% VAT on other things isn’t always as straight forward as 20%, feel free to show your source  

Franchise fee is based on footfall, an increased footfall over the season puts us in a stronger negotiating position with the franchise  

Who backed your view that it isn’t 10%? If you mean this Q&A it does not say that  

Either am I, you’re entitled to your opinion, just happens to be mine is backed by a black & white statement from someone with full access to our accounts and the math. yours isn’t  

i’ll always defend people at the club that are getting called liars without a shred of evidence  be that the chairman, the manager or the dinner lady  

19 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

You deserve it.

Yet you have never once been able to show where I have lied despite multiple asks. It isn’t a real claim, just like the one that GLS has lied. 😁

13 minutes ago, slapsalmon said:

Feel free, you won’t find any contradictions just like anyone else that’s tried. 

8 minutes ago, slapsalmon said:

Until I get a quiet day at work and collate his shite. 

His wee head will be like the death star exploding

It won’t though, you’ll be wasting your time but again feel free, I welcome it. Ask BEK who has been crying over my posts for months because he hasn’t been able to find one. 

He once spent the best part of a week on the definition of the word ‘few’ that’s how desperate he got. :rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

It won’t though, you’ll be wasting your time but again feel free, I welcome it. Ask BEK who has been crying over my posts for months because he hasn’t been able to find one. 

He once spent the best part of a week on the definition of the word ‘few’ that’s how desperate he got. :rolleyes:

🏳️

I surrender ffs

Yet you have never once been able to show where I have lied despite multiple asks. It isn’t a real claim, just like the one that GLS has lied. [emoji16]
I have repeatedly shown you up. Lies. Misdirection. Spin.
You choose not to see it.

That seems important to your method of coping. All liars need that. I understand.

I really shouldn't. But wasn't hard to find. Well if it fit with your agenda it wasn't hard to find

2.2 Admission charges that qualify for exemption

Only admission charges to museums, galleries, art exhibitions and zoos and theatrical, musical or choreographic performances of a cultural nature qualify for exemption.

And the source is the vat section of the. Gov.uk website. 

Edited by slapsalmon

I haven't looked.
I haven't had to.
I know the truth.

Beyond the lies, misdirection and spin, so do you... But I understand... It's painful.

I have no intention of rereading your banal shite... It was painful taking it off ignore to read first time round.

Please do not equate that to not finding something.

I'm honestly not looking.

No need.

Folks can choose for themselves who they believe.

You quoted a good starting point... Complete U turn yet my fault for calling you out!

Classic Baz!

You never answered my last question re your change of goalposts!

15 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I have repeatedly shown you up. Lies. Misdirection. Spin.
You choose not to see it.

That seems important to your method of coping. All liars need that. I understand.

11 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I haven't looked.
I haven't had to.
I know the truth.

Beyond the lies, misdirection and spin, so do you... But I understand... It's painful.

I have no intention of rereading your banal shite... It was painful taking it off ignore to read first time round.

Please do not equate that to not finding something.

I'm honestly not looking.

No need.

Folks can choose for themselves who they believe.

You quoted a good starting point... Complete U turn yet my fault for calling you out!

Classic Baz!

You never answered my last question re your change of goalposts!

So again you still can’t show any lies or spin? Can just imagine you sitting there pure raging :rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, slapsalmon said:

I really shouldn't. But wasn't hard to find. Well if it fit with your agenda it wasn't hard to find

2.2 Admission charges that qualify for exemption

Only admission charges to museums, galleries, art exhibitions and zoos and theatrical, musical or choreographic performances of a cultural nature qualify for exemption.

And the source is the vat section of the. Gov.uk website. 

FAU_VATFootball.ashx

as I have said I am no expert on VAT & struggled to source details on it. (Yes I do research unlike a lot on here) 

this was the closest I could find on football teams that detailed VAT exemption & income considerable and its a paper from 2004! 

Because I don’t know I’m not making a comment as gospel on the VAT implications but I wouldn’t be surprised if there was potential for reduced or relief on VAT, that would be for accountants to advise. 

Regardless, GLS has confirmed its an increase of 10% to our budget, the figures support that possibility, he has full access to our accounts and no reason to lie, so... :clapping

So again you still can’t show any lies or spin? Can just imagine you sitting there pure raging :rolleyes:
And against you choose to twist "have no intention of" into "can't".

I used to think you were just bloody minded.

I'm starting to question your mental health or intelligence!

I typed slowly do you can understand.

As others have said... The evidence of your lies, misdirection and spin is there for all to see.

I have no desire to revisit it.

Again... I typed slowly for the hard of thinking.

Somehow though, I don't expect you to just leave it at that.

Shame really, as others will just get rightly pissed off again...

Another of your underhanded tactics!

Go round in circles till people get fed up or criticised for encouraging you!

Clever. Tedious and needy. Yet clever.