David Riley Q&A

bazil85

4 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

I thought i'd make a contribution just so that Bazil could accuse me of pursuing him all over the forum-I think he needs it.

That's it from me.

You’ve been pretty quiet, I wouldn’t accuse you of that. You just need to look at the patterns with my comments to know BEK is stalking me on here. :lol:

33 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Eh? What exactly are we doing that needs moderated? 

Can I suggest two adults behaving like kids in a sandpit is the sort of thing that could/should be moderated?  You two clearly have a beef with each other but ripping into each other on a public forum is a tad tiresome.  If you need to argue over “few/some” etc., can’t you do it via PM.

16 hours ago, doonhamer said:

Can I suggest two adults behaving like kids in a sandpit is the sort of thing that could/should be moderated?  You two clearly have a beef with each other but ripping into each other on a public forum is a tad tiresome.  If you need to argue over “few/some” etc., can’t you do it via PM.

If that behaviour was banned on this website there wouldn’t be a website 

2 hours ago, doonhamer said:

Maybe that’s why this forum is going downhill and only has about a dozen active participants.  Well maybe half a dozen if you take all the aliases into account.  

Forum has pretty much always been like that I believe. 

11 hours ago, bazil85 said:

If that behaviour was banned on this website there wouldn’t be a website 

That's where you're wrong, as usual.

many forums have moderators who nip this dreary 2 man feud in the bud.

I discussed similar issues with people on other forums years ago.

There is a fine line between over moderating and next to none.

I know one person who has recently left the forum specifically due to you and your pal.

You turn every discussion into a ping pong match with repetitive reply's and a glee in homing in on a specific word. 

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I know one person who has recently left the forum specifically due to you and your pal.

You turn every discussion into a ping pong match with repetitive reply's and a glee in homing in on a specific word. 

Typical boring rhetoric from one who has been placed in the Sun Bin. The wee man doth protest too much, I think. Deflection 

10 hours ago, faraway saint said:

So every time two people start to argue a moderator should come in and remove/ block them? Aye that would work, we would both have been blocked/ removed long ago, with near enough all the active members.. think you’ll find that is absolute nonsense. But feel free to show the ‘many forums’ :rolleyes:

Aw have they? Well now I feel bad, make sure you pass on my apology to them. :lol: they must prefer quiet on their Internet forums... 

If people don’t like our conversations just ignore them, it’s simple. It doesn’t impact anyone’s life and as I’ve said before, often this place becomes a ghost town. We don’t disrupt regular, ongoing flowing chat because it isn’t regularly there. 

11 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

So every time two people start to argue a moderator should come in and remove/ block them? Aye that would work, we would both have been blocked/ removed long ago, with near enough all the active members.. think you’ll find that is absolute nonsense. But feel free to show the ‘many forums’ :rolleyes:

Aw have they? Well now I feel bad, make sure you pass on my apology to them. :lol: they must prefer quiet on their Internet forums... 

If people don’t like our conversations just ignore them, it’s simple. It doesn’t impact anyone’s life and as I’ve said before, often this place becomes a ghost town. We don’t disrupt regular, ongoing flowing chat because it isn’t regularly there. 

Again, you follow the same pattern, selective quotes and your spin.

You fail to mention this "arguing" has been going on and on and fecking on.

On this very forum there used to be moderators who would PM members to remind them to calm things down, not so much now, unfortunately. 

It doesn't impact on peoples life, and again you use this tactic of taking it to extremes, it impacts on the forum. 

It's quite simple, you're limited and go out of your way to prove it, I happen to enjoy it, always makes me laugh. :byebye

Edited by faraway saint

24 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

On this very forum there used to be moderators who would PM members to remind them to calm things down, not so much now, unfortunately. 

It doesn't impact on peoples life, and again you use this tactic of taking it to extremes, it impacts on the forum. 

It's quite simple, you're limited and go out of your way to prove it, I happen to enjoy it, always makes me laugh. :byebye

So says the sin binner. 

Ultimate in irony. 

Disagreeing is OK, vitriol is not. 

Is that clear yet? 

Baz is big enough to answer for himself but the paucity of your "argument" and lack of self awareness are staggering. 

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

So says the sin binner. 

Ultimate in irony. 

Disagreeing is OK, vitriol is not. 

Is that clear yet? 

Baz is big enough to answer for himself but the paucity of your "argument" and lack of self awareness are staggering. 

And people sill havent linked Rickys aliases..? Ffs

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Not selective spin in the slightest, this is far from the first time we have had regular back and forth conversations from opposing sides, so what’s the difference? 

As much as BEK and me argue I would never say anything has gotten heated to the point one of us needs to calm down (although I accept some people’s red line with that is slightly closer to the sensitive side than me).

As you say it’s a thin line for moderating but on some quiet threads, two people arguing getting moderated, IMO would be nonsense  

I think you’ll find your attempts to close me down with claiming spin, being limited (whatever that means) and talking to extremes are just more desperation to have a pop. Yet again it’s a complete failure from you I’m afraid, you’re definitely on the easy side when it comes to pointing out the flaws in your posts  

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

And people sill havent linked Rickys aliases..? Ffs

38 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Probably for the best that I only post under my own name, don't you think? 

Some tired forum techniques, I’ve been guilty of them myself in the past tbh. There’s a few on here that just show an individual is running out of ideas with repetitive go to’s  

The alias chat (although we know there are some) using it as a defence mechanism when you constantly get pointed out for wrong content is quite sad. 

The ‘thank you for agreeing with me’ comments. Again it’s pretty tired now, has its place for the wind up but not much else. 

The ‘so you’re saying’ chat, when it’s clear that’s not something a person is saying. (Oor Wendy is culprit one for that) 

These aren’t techniques that are going away though, let’s be honest. 

Edited by bazil85