Players Leaving

27 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:
40 minutes ago, Ethan said:
This was a bad deal for the club but glad we can now close the chapter on this guy. We need players who have ability and the right attitude. Sadly he never had either. 

No idea about his ability (hardly ever played) but certainly the wrong attitude.

As my best friend once said when he broke off an engagement - "Good riddance, I 've cut my losses and I can now get on with life".

To be fair he dodged a bullet and then found his other half. Never seen him happier than these past 15 years.

Hope it is the same for us. Time to move on from this.  :guinness

1 hour ago, shull said:

Because you're the Tartan Terror and despise our friends down South. 

WTF ???  For someone who claims to abhor bigotry (citing it as a major factor in you stopping financially supporting the club i.e. you are no longer a supporter now just a follower) and prejudice you don't half bang on about it.  You have had one spectacularly public breakdown on here over the last 2-3 years. From the super optimistic uber fan to a sad non attending multi alias troll in a remarkably short space of time.

38 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

WTF ???  For someone who claims to abhor bigotry (citing it as a major factor in you stopping financially supporting the club i.e. you are no longer a supporter now just a follower) and prejudice you don't half bang on about it.  You have had one spectacularly public breakdown on here over the last 2-3 years. From the super optimistic uber fan to a sad non attending multi alias troll in a remarkably short space of time.

So what was up with the post you quoted ? Nothing untrue about it. 

Anyway, I am so happy and feel totally cleansed. 

Not funding corrupt and cheating football and our bigot loving club has been the making of me. 

All is wonderful and calm. 

You seem rattled though. 

Do you want a wee cuddle ? 

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

What paying up two years of a players contract? Yeah i suppose in two years time it will!

You don't know that for sure. A waste of money anyway that best sums up Stubbs legacy. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

What paying up two years of a players contract? Yeah i suppose in two years time it will!

It won’t be two years wages , if they do that it’s like a gardening leave ,were he can’t play for any other clubs until his contract is up , it will be a settlement that allows him to sign elsewhere IMO.

Just now, linwood buddie said:

It won’t be two years wages , if they do that it’s like a gardening leave ,were he can’t play for any other clubs until his contract is up , it will be a settlement that allows him to sign elsewhere IMO.

Usually a percentage of his contract.

2 minutes ago, munoz said:

You don't know that for sure. A waste of money anyway that best sums up Stubbs legacy. 

He will have gone with more than a year's wages. Given he hasnt kicked a ball for months and is about attractive to other clubs as Joey Barton, why would he go for less. He can sit on the training field on his tod for two more years and still get well paid.

ffs start accepting reality bud.

3 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Gardening leave means you are still an employee, on the payroll get your pension contributions and bonuses etc. He has agreed a deal based on the two remaining years of his contract. What would you go for in his shoes knowing its unlikely any club is bursting down the door to sign you?

it will be over a year's wages, otherwise he would be better off just sitting tight!

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

He will have gone with more than a year's wages. Given he hasnt kicked a ball for months and is about attractive to other clubs as Joey Barton, why would he go for less. He can sit on the training field on his tod for two more years and still get well paid.

Another couple of years and he will be as attractive as Josh Heaton. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Gardening leave means you are still an employee, on the payroll get your pension contributions and bonuses etc. He has agreed a deal based on the two remaining years of his contract. What would you go for in his shoes knowing its unlikely any club is bursting down the door to sign you?

it will be over a year's wages, otherwise he would be better off just sitting tight!

But but but Middlesbrough wanted him 🤷‍♂️🙈😂

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

Nah, cant see that scenario tbh. Usually offered 30%-50% of contract owed from what I've heard. Absolutely no use to the player training with the under 18s for the next 2 years. If he wants any kind of career,  he must have realised it's time to move.

Just now, munoz said:

Nah, cant see that scenario tbh. Usually offered 30%-50% of contract owed from what I've heard. Absolutely no use to the player training with the under 18s for the next 2 years. If he wants any kind of career,  he must have realised it's time to move.

I can tell you as someone who has negotiated and terminated thosands of contracts people (let alone professional footballers) do not walk for 30-50% of what they are entitled to. Unless they are going to something even better they do not want to miss out on.

i would suggest this isnt Heaton's reality!

7 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

You said two years and then a percentage and then one year ,so my post on it is just as realistic as any of your ones ,is it not?

7 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Can't rate himself very well then.