Players Leaving

2 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Does this mean Super Cody is the final remnant of the Stubbs’ Signing Marquee Express?

Think so. Last man standing. 

He'll knock in 20 goals this season,  and Stubbs will claim he always had an eye for a player. 

1 hour ago, insaintee said:

Yes they do. If I got offered a package to go and there were as a year on the table verses ten years to retirement (with pension) then I'd seriously consider it. If was two years I'd bite their hand off. Remember that pay offs are tax free as well as free of pension and NI libilities, so the player can afford to take @30% cut straight off with no loss what so ever. 

Pay offs are not tax free! You could ask your employer to cover what the tax element is. Redundancy settlements  can be tax free. Heaton wasnt made redundant.

10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Pay offs are not tax free! You could ask your employer to cover what the tax element is. Redundancy settlements  can be tax free. Heaton wasnt made redundant.

https://www.ms-solicitors.co.uk/employee/settlement-agreements/factsheet-settlement-agreement-tax-implications/ think there are ways to make it tax free 

Not fussed about him departing, just as I wasn't that fussed with his arrival. 

My missus, however, will be disappointed. Apparently Heaton and his missus frequented the cafe she works in fairly often and tipped quite handsomely. There goes a wee portion of her income... 

Edited by dumbarton_bud

1 hour ago, munoz said:

He'll knock in 20 goals this season,  and Stubbs will claim he always had an eye for a player. 

I hope you are right on the 1st one - BUT I doubt either will come to pass . . If he knocks in 12 or more  I will be delighted . . .  :magic

2 hours ago, jaybee said:

it seems to me that the lad is arrogant enough to think he can have both, I think he will have accepted a proportion, don't know what! but I can surmise it isn't what he could expect in total had he stayed  ...... otherwise why would we offer a deal?

You don't have a clue what he got so shut the f**k up....

2 hours ago, munoz said:

If folk were honest would just say Cooke and Mullen nowhere near good enough..along with S McGinn who is finished and Erahon who folk keep saying promising youngster. Has show feck all to make me think that and plays like a terrified teenager...

5 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

If folk were honest would just say Cooke and Mullen nowhere near good enough..along with S McGinn who is finished and Erahon who folk keep saying promising youngster. Has show feck all to make me think that and plays like a terrified teenager...

I am uplifted by your positivity. I feel sure that the players you mention will feel motivated. 

5 hours ago, insaintee said:

There are a number of ways the club can make things very difficult for the player, e.g. withdrawing benefits like lodgings and cars but still expect the player to turn up to training and then fine him (suspend him)  if he doesn't. Not a good route to go down, but I know clubs that have done that before.  Also Josh's wage will have included at least some appearance clauses, so with only two to his name I doubt he'd be getting anything like the wage some on here imagine.  And of course no win bonuses. 

If the player does not want to be here and we don't want to have him, I doubt the negotiations were hard. Particularly if there was a termination clause in the contract.  

I think if you were signed by Alan Stubbs who gave the impression he was surprised our budget wasn't higher throughout his short reign (and who was used to the Hibs and Rotherham budgets) and you are the biggest transfer at the club in over 25 years there is a reasonable chance the buffoon while have handed you one of the better deals at the club.

3 hours ago, gstretchuk said:
6 hours ago, jaybee said:

it seems to me that the lad is arrogant enough to think he can have both, I think he will have accepted a proportion, don't know what! but I can surmise it isn't what he could expect in total had he stayed  ...... otherwise why would we offer a deal?

You don't have a clue what he got so shut the f**k up....

Such a nice man ...................... NOT!   

5 hours ago, dumbarton_bud said:

Not fussed about him departing, just as I wasn't that fussed with his arrival. 

My missus, however, will be disappointed. Apparently Heaton and his missus frequented the cafe she works in fairly often and tipped quite handsomely. There goes a wee portion of her income... 

That was our money🤑

5 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Says the most pointless poster on the forum :lol:

See that's the difference with myself and you and your gang of post building, looking for likes, high fiving, back slapping gang on here..i couldn't give a flying feck what any of u think of me on here..i say it way i see it...not a false poster like the Sweeper gang on here...consisting of Sweeper,Doug-jamie, dg chap whatever, munoz, cockles,ftof oaksoftcock, jaybee, yourself...all scared to say what they think incase forum gang don't like it...ffs man up

Edited by gstretchuk

1 hour ago, gstretchuk said:

See that's the difference with myself and you and your gang of post building, looking for likes, high fiving, back slapping gang on here..i couldn't give a flying feck what any of u think of me on here..i say it way i see it...not a false poster like the Sweeper gang on here...consisting of Sweeper,Doug-jamie, dg chap whatever, munoz, cockles,ftof oaksoftcock, jaybee, yourself...all scared to say what they think incase forum gang don't like it...ffs man up

I couldn’t give a crap about “likes” ffs, I’m here to discuss St Mirren amongst other things. Living at the other end of the UK, it’s the best way to see what other Saints fans are thinking, and while still full of knickerwetters, it’s much, much better than the facebook pages which are just painful reading.

The whole point of a forum is to discuss your own opinions. If you’re just trying to fit in other people’s agendas, then what’s the point? I’ll speak my mind on here whether or not it’s against the grain.

What are your actual reasons for being on here? We could win the treble and you’d still be complaining about something while saying the treble was an accident and luck. You spend half your time throwing insults about, and the other half complaining about anything St Mirren.

11 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I think if you were signed by Alan Stubbs who gave the impression he was surprised our budget wasn't higher throughout his short reign (and who was used to the Hibs and Rotherham budgets) and you are the biggest transfer at the club in over 25 years there is a reasonable chance the buffoon while have handed you one of the better deals at the club.

Yes but every deal will be dependent on bonus clauses .  Stubbs might have put in the budget amount, club lawyers will put in standard clauses and bonuses. I'll be pretty certain not appearing for saints will make a big dent in the total amount