How Much have we payed off on?

With the news that Heaton is to be released, which will involve a payoff. How much have this board paid out on getting rid of players, managers coaches etc..?

feck me I bet Goody would love to have that budget to bring in a wee bit of quality like big Verheydt. Maybe thats why he cant get them in as the money has been spaffed on pay offs?

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

With the news that Heaton is to be released, which will involve a payoff. How much have this board paid out on getting rid of players, managers coaches etc..?

feck me I bet Goody would love to have that budget to bring in a wee bit of quality like big Verheydt. Maybe thats why he cant get them in as the money has been spaffed on pay offs?

Sadly I don't see the early payoff regime ending in the near future, i think we are in the money-go-round fraternity, where almost everyone involved gets a cut of the deal in one way or another.

7 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Cant argue that between managers and players it must be a tidy wee sum. Goodwin is right we need stability.  

1 minute ago, buddiecat said:

Sadly I don't see the early payoff regime ending in the near future, i think we are in the money-go-round fraternity, where almost everyone involved gets a cut of the deal in one way or another.

Looks like Tansey is next in line for a pay off given he's been frozen out like Heaton.

well he was a resounding success for Gus's "Money Bollocks" strategy! Signed for Eighteen months, on the back of a long term injury, manged SIX, yes SIx appearances. Got injured ( really) and now looking like he will be let go with A YEAR's wages in his sky rocket!

Yip this MoneyBall thing has definitely worked a charm.... for Gregg! Good luck to you mate! Hope tou get fixed up with a club soon.

9 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

We waited long enough to get a decent return on one of our players (J McGinn) , and in the space of a year that looks like it's been wasted. Terrible mismanagement of the clubs funds. 

Just now, munoz said:

We waited long enough to get a decent return on one of our players (J McGinn) , and in the space of a year that looks like it's been wasted. Terrible mismanagement of the clubs funds. 

Tansey is owed a years wages.

Heaton is owed two years wages.

Kearney was owed two years wages.

it doesnt take a genius to work out that Goody will be likely working with the lowest budget in the league, and probably lower than some in the championship too! I bet managing Alloa will seem like those long, long summers we used to have, to JG now!

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Looks like Tansey is next in line for a pay off given he's been frozen out like Heaton.

well he was a resounding success for Gus's "Money Bollocks" strategy! Signed for Eighteen months, on the back of a long term injury, manged SIX, yes SIx appearances. Got injured ( really) and now looking like he will be let go with A YEAR's wages in his sky rocket!

Yip this MoneyBall thing has definitely worked a charm.... for Gregg! Good luck to you mate! Hope tou get fixed up with a club soon.

Would like to see Tansey given a chance he was the kind of enforcer we needed just in front of defenders. 

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

it doesnt take a genius to work out that Goody will be likely working with the lowest budget in the league, and probably lower than some in the championship too! I bet managing Alloa will seem like those long, long summers we used to have, to JG now!

The three mentioned wont receive/ have received the full amount of contract still to run. That aside though, it really has become an unhealthy habit and one that as you suggested,  can only hinder our chances of being more competitive. 

25 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

Just as well we gave the OF the family stand ..... oh wait that money was ring fenced and can only be used to being in players that are good! 

These pay offs are the real reason our club has been "Sold to Sectarianism "... its a shambolic and disgusting way to cover up your total mismanagement, by kicking out Kids and Famlies for bigotry!

Guest TPAFKATS

Did we really need another thread on this when so many others already have debate and discussion on budget and staff being released /paid off?
Particularly when the original post is adding nothing new.

Players have left us by "mutual consent" since the day I started supporting Saints. It's nothing new and has gone on for decades. Amazingly this also happens at other clubs too, it's a fact of football life. It will continue to happen for decades more too. Some transfers work out, some don't and it has always been the case. Idoubt if the percentage is any higher now than it was 5, 10. 20 or 30 years ago.

46 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Just right off this season now. We need to plan for the championship now and a level we can actually compete financially in due to the total mismanagement of our club. The current squad couldn’t win League 1 never mind stay in the premier and I don’t believe 3 or 4 new signing will change that. We need a whole new team.

Edited by Big Yards

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Players have left us by "mutual consent" since the day I started supporting Saints. It's nothing new and has gone on for decades. Amazingly this also happens at other clubs too, it's a fact of football life. It will continue to happen for decades more too. Some transfers work out, some don't and it has always been the case. Idoubt if the percentage is any higher now than it was 5, 10. 20 or 30 years ago.

I would argue strongly that we hardly ever previously 'paid up' a players contract, especially when they either never, or hardly made an appearance.

3 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

Just right off this season now. We need to plan for the championship now and a level we can actually compete financially in due to the total mismanagement of our club. The current squad couldn’t win League 1 never mind stay in the premier and I don’t believe 3 or 4 new signing will change that. We need a whole new team.

That's the spirit! 

What a complete and utter shithouse of a post. 

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

That's the spirit! 

What a complete and utter shithouse of a post. 

Yes we still dont know who and when we will sign so difficult to forecast how we might fare. The genuine worry amongst fans i think is with two weeks to gontill the league campaign kicks off, we are threadbare and run the risk of being quickly detached from the pack if we start off as we are.

personally i am not worried about the league cup, it's basically pre season to me, an opportunity for the manager to get his strategy over to the squad. And their chance to hit peak condition, and bed in new recruits. At present, given the evidence of who finished the season in our first team last season! There are a few players in our current squad that wont/shouldnt be seen as first team picks.

after tonight we have two games in a week to build a team to compete. We will be playing catch up all over again, the only difference maybe who with?

58 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

This is all just pure speculation.

Nowhere whatsoever does it say anywhere that Tansey is surplus to requirements and been told to move on.

Heaton is not owed two years wages. As far as I am aware, we have told him he is free to find another club. I also believe (could be wrong), the transfer fee of £75k was not paid in full and was broken down into installments/milestones depending on certain criteria.

Kearney is not owed 2 years wages.

4 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

This is all just pure speculation.

Nowhere whatsoever does it say anywhere that Tansey is surplus to requirements and been told to move on.

Heaton is not owed two years wages. As far as I am aware, we have told him he is free to find another club. I also believe (could be wrong), the transfer fee of £75k was not paid in full and was broken down into installments/milestones depending on certain criteria.

Kearney is not owed 2 years wages.

Do you get the concept of a contract? If its for 18 months, 2 years or 3 years.... if onebparty wants to break it (i.e, telling Heaton he can go) that party still has to honour whatever financial obligations they entered into i.e. Paying the remainder of the contract, or perhaos compromising based on said player getting a similar or lower paid gig elsewhere.

So Heaton will get a pay off, as will Tansey if reports of him being frozen out are true. As did Oran!

you honestly think any player, completely dropped by the club will say "oh... i am free to go, ok then dont bother paying me the remainder of my contract, i'll just sign on"

the club hope he can get a paid gig elsewhere, have to say that doesnt look too likely!

It is true that Tansey is training at a rugby club alone!?
What has Heaton done that he had to find another club?
Oran is another example of issues at the club regardless of blame.
Yes players come and go, mistakes are made.
None of this puts our club in a good light and surely someone is responsible and should be held accountable.
The affect it has on the team on the park and the results in future will show how these issues reflect our league position.

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Would like to see Tansey given a chance he was the kind of enforcer we needed just in front of defenders. 

I'm not sure Tansey is being frozen out. He has recently tweeted about moving (presumably so he doesn't have to commute between his family and Paisley) and also tweeted the other day that his rehab was going well. I'm sure at the end of last season there was talk that if his rehab went well he might be back in full training before the league campaign began and begin his own pre-season a few weeks after the other players.

16 minutes ago, Jrok said:

It is true that Tansey is training at a rugby club alone!?
What has Heaton done that he had to find another club?
Oran is another example of issues at the club regardless of blame.
Yes players come and go, mistakes are made.
None of this puts our club in a good light and surely someone is responsible and should be held accountable.
The affect it has on the team on the park and the results in future will show how these issues reflect our league position.

By Held Accountable, I assume you mean fired.   Triggering another pay off. Is that really what you want? 

4 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I'm not sure Tansey is being frozen out. He has recently tweeted about moving (presumably so he doesn't have to commute between his family and Paisley) and also tweeted the other day that his rehab was going well. I'm sure at the end of last season there was talk that if his rehab went well he might be back in full training before the league campaign began and begin his own pre-season a few weeks after the other players.

Why do people keep taking jobs with us without understanding they will need to commute to Paisley? :lol: