How Much have we payed off on?

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Players have left us by "mutual consent" since the day I started supporting Saints. It's nothing new and has gone on for decades. Amazingly this also happens at other clubs too, it's a fact of football life. It will continue to happen for decades more too. Some transfers work out, some don't and it has always been the case. Idoubt if the percentage is any higher now than it was 5, 10. 20 or 30 years ago.

I had a look at the last few seasons when Gus McPherson was in charge and don't think we mutually consented any players in the 2007-8 , 2008-9, and 2009-10 seasons. We also signed a lot less players in those seasons... across the two transfer windows we brought in between 5-9 players in each of those 3 seasons (quite a contrast with Jack Ross signing 40+ players in 20 months with us, Stubbs signing 11 in less than 3 months, Oran signing 14 players in 9 months).

The point where we seem to go into mutual consent overdrive was when Danny Lennon was manager.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

55 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yes we still dont know who and when we will sign so difficult to forecast how we might fare. The genuine worry amongst fans i think is with two weeks to gontill the league campaign kicks off, we are threadbare and run the risk of being quickly detached from the pack if we start off as we are.

personally i am not worried about the league cup, it's basically pre season to me, an opportunity for the manager to get his strategy over to the squad. And their chance to hit peak condition, and bed in new recruits. At present, given the evidence of who finished the season in our first team last season! There are a few players in our current squad that wont/shouldnt be seen as first team picks.

after tonight we have two games in a week to build a team to compete. We will be playing catch up all over again, the only difference maybe who with?

That's actually very a reasonable viewpoint by your standards.

I can understand the worry, it's concerning we always find ourselves here.

However, to write the season off and say 'just prep for championship now' is f**king shithousing by the guy who said it. No other word to describe it.

This is a guy, bear in mind who championed Jai f**king Quitongo coming to us all last summer.

Guest TPAFKATS

Seems reasonable. No doubt he was also waiting (hoping) to be given the all clear to resume his career before relocating.

My guess is Tansey was letting his kids finish the year at school before moving in June.

Well hopefully Dibbles is correct and Tansey is just getting himself back up to full fitness before rejoining the main squad. He had said on twitter he was certain he would be back to fitness for this season. In those final couple games for us he did look like just what we needed.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Do you get the concept of a contract? If its for 18 months, 2 years or 3 years.... if onebparty wants to break it (i.e, telling Heaton he can go) that party still has to honour whatever financial obligations they entered into i.e. Paying the remainder of the contract, or perhaos compromising based on said player getting a similar or lower paid gig elsewhere.

So Heaton will get a pay off, as will Tansey if reports of him being frozen out are true. As did Oran!

you honestly think any player, completely dropped by the club will say "oh... i am free to go, ok then dont bother paying me the remainder of my contract, i'll just sign on"

the club hope he can get a paid gig elsewhere, have to say that doesnt look too likely!

But surely if you get a full pay off you can then look for another club, so which club would be daft enough to pay someone in full, best to just keep paying them week to week in which case they too are tied and unable to look for another club, I would imagine a compromise is where one would end up, so I think you are wrong in saying everybody we release gets a full pay out.  And the same scenario applies to OK as well I would imagine.

2 hours ago, Big Yards said:
2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Tansey is owed a years wages.

Heaton is owed two years wages.

Kearney was owed two years wages.

it doesnt take a genius to work out that Goody will be likely working with the lowest budget in the league, and probably lower than some in the championship too! I bet managing Alloa will seem like those long, long summers we used to have, to JG now!

Just right off this season now. We need to plan for the championship now and a level we can actually compete financially in due to the total mismanagement of our club. The current squad couldn’t win League 1 never mind stay in the premier and I don’t believe 3 or 4 new signing will change that. We need a whole new team.

Balderdash my friend.

1 hour ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I had a look at the last few seasons when Gus McPherson was in charge and don't think we mutually consented any players in the 2007-8 , 2008-9, and 2009-10 seasons. We also signed a lot less players in those seasons... across the two transfer windows we brought in between 5-9 players in each of those 3 seasons (quite a contrast with Jack Ross signing 40+ players in 20 months with us, Stubbs signing 11 in less than 3 months, Oran signing 14 players in 9 months).

The point where we seem to go into mutual consent overdrive was when Danny Lennon was manager.

That's quite a picture of players turnaround from Ross onwards. We had stability with Gus the squad more or less the same with a few additions we need to get back to that way. 

Think that shines a more accurate light on 'mutuals'. Ross didnt half rack em up too!

A 1 second google search through up David Barron in 2007 (Dargo maybe too off the top of my head) - bound to be more if you have the time to delve deeper. That said googling ST Mirren and Mutual Consent does throw up a lengthy list !  As you correctly point out the more you sign the more chances are some won't work. It does look like a scatter gun approach which no doubt is down to the lack of managerial stability.

A 1 second google search through up David Barron in 2007 (Dargo maybe too off the top of my head) - bound to be more if you have the time to delve deeper. That said googling ST Mirren and Mutual Consent does throw up a lengthy list !  As you correctly point out the more you sign the more chances are some won't work. It does look like a scatter gun approach which no doubt is down to the lack of managerial stability.
David Barron was SIGNED in 2007. He left in the League Cup winning season.

2 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:
34 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

David Barron was SIGNED in 2007. He left in the League Cup winning season.

The beeb have got him down as joining 2005.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25836225

The beeb have got him down as joining 2005.https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25836225  

DBwas signed in tbe summer of 2006 and his debut was v Kilmarnock in the SPL in Dec 2007.

His last appearance was v Hearts in Feb 2013.

He definitely did NOT leave by mutual consent in 2007.

1 hour ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

DBwas signed in tbe summer of 2006 and his debut was v Kilmarnock in the SPL in Dec 2007.

His last appearance was v Hearts in Feb 2013.

He definitely did NOT leave by mutual consent in 2007.

He was mutual consented in Jan 2014, got my dates wrong totally but given the list it's quite understandable. 

6 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Tansey is owed a years wages.

Heaton is owed two years wages.

Kearney was owed two years wages.

it doesnt take a genius to work out that Goody will be likely working with the lowest budget in the league, and probably lower than some in the championship too! I bet managing Alloa will seem like those long, long summers we used to have, to JG now!

Utter Bollocks LPM

Oran got 6 months pay, Tansey is very hopeful he can return however he will not be expecting a pay off. ( His best mate works here)

Goodwin signed a 3 year deal on the basis he would get assistance and that was backed by GS and TF.................

My gripe is with Gus- what the feck is he doing to earn his corn ? 

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

Utter Bollocks LPM

Oran got 6 months pay, Tansey is very hopeful he can return however he will not be expecting a pay off. ( His best mate works here)

Goodwin signed a 3 year deal on the basis he would get assistance and that was backed by GS and TF.................

My gripe is with Gus- what the feck is he doing to earn his corn ? 

They were/are all owed whats in their contract. I am sure they've/will compromise on that, but still receive hefty pay offs....

welcome to what playets and managers now call us.... ST MUTUAL FC

(F. f**ked it up C. Compromise)

51 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

They were/are all owed whats in their contract. I am sure they've/will compromise on that, but still receive hefty pay offs....

welcome to what playets and managers now call us.... ST MUTUAL FC

(F. f**ked it up C. Compromise)

The manager contracts have annual break clauses. Kearney will have been paid the remaining salary of his first year.

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

He was mutual consented in Jan 2014, got my dates wrong totally but given the list it's quite understandable. 

Dargo left after his contract ran out the summer we fired Gus and appointed Danny Lennon.

I think Tonet might have been mutually consented the same season Gus signed him but he would be an exception in that era. Since the tail end of Danny Lennon's era we have got into the habit of mutually consenting about 50% of our signings within a season!

Hmm only if it was agreed as such. Do you know that clause was written in?

He probably knows as much as you but it doesn’t stop you spouting pish constantly.

Heaton being “free to find another club” doesn’t mean compromise agreement or mutual consent. It means exactly what it says.

I imagine, if he doesn’t find a club, then it’s training with the kids until he’s so scunnered he puts pressure on his agent to get him a gig and he leaves.

Like most modern footballers his contract will be laden with performance related incentives meaning if he isn’t involved with the first team squad then he’s on the bobby basic. Now, that might still be more than he can attract down south but it’s a big gamble for a player to spend a couple of years sat on his arse doing nothing.

This is a more likely scenario than what you continually posit as fact. You have no facts and therefore make up utter pish to support your anti-BOD agenda. You have absolutely nothing to support the theory that Tansey will be leaving and get paid off and you know nothing of the Kearney situation yet post as if you know the financial details of the agreement.

You’ve even managed to tie your latest dribblings into a previous tirade about giving the OF the family stand.

In short. You’re a plum. Give it a rest.

14 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

it doesnt take a genius to work out that Goody will be likely working with the lowest budget in the league, and probably lower than some in the championship too!

😂Bravo sir, that is tremendous entertainment.

Spoiler

No he isn't.

Edited by W6Saint

9 hours ago, Thorizaar said:

It was said at the last AGM that this is how managers' contracts are set up.

Its up to every manager or his agent to agree/disagree clauses in their contract. If you limit it to effectively a one year rolling contract you will only ever get peanuts in compo if your manager is poached, and many managers will not, like Goody & Kearney leave jobs, homes etc with only a guarantee of 12 months pay and counting! Why would Goody or Oran have left a 2/3 year contract for a 12 month one?

you may also wish to factor in the possibility that what you were told, and what actually happens are two different things?

23 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

With the news that Heaton is to be released, which will involve a payoff. How much have this board paid out on getting rid of players, managers coaches etc..?

feck me I bet Goody would love to have that budget to bring in a wee bit of quality like big Verheydt. Maybe thats why he cant get them in as the money has been spaffed on pay offs?

All part of football, there will be clubs that have paid more than us and clubs that have paid less. 

15 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Surely he would be doing his rehab under the instructions of our physio. Something not right here sadly.

The only thing not quite right... is the probably flawed analysis of the situation, based on social media hearsay....