How Much have we payed off on?

55 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Its up to every manager or his agent to agree/disagree clauses in their contract. If you limit it to effectively a one year rolling contract you will only ever get peanuts in compo if your manager is poached, and many managers will not, like Goody & Kearney leave jobs, homes etc with only a guarantee of 12 months pay and counting! Why would Goody or Oran have left a 2/3 year contract for a 12 month one?

you may also wish to factor in the possibility that what you were told, and what actually happens are two different things?

Jack Ross signed the same contract where he could be released with a 12 month pay off, like you say the same applies for moving to another job, that’s why we didn’t get very much for the Sunderland move. So to say why would they leave other roles is irrelevant because we know it’s happened. It’s a fine balance but you can’t really get it both ways, a manager that can be sacked for min comp but big bucks if they move. You of course will use this to your advantage to be negative from both ends.  

Also your negativity to spin that they’ve left longer deals for shorter ones is ridiculous, the money we can get rid of them for is a safety net & you have no idea if they would get full pay ups if sacked by Alloa/ Coleraine. They could have the same conditions. All going well they would have still had a three year contract as well, that’s simply fact.

SMFC managers doing really well could end up with a life changing move, so to think there isn’t incentive for people like goodwin & Kearney is rubbish. Jack Ross will almost financially secure himself for life if he sees out his Sunderland contract & definitely will if he gets them promoted. 

Lets also not forget it was OK choice to leave & it was out of our control so I doubt he’d be getting a big pay off. You again will obviously assume the worst because of your hatred for all things SMFC BoD 

1 hour ago, Yflab said:

Surely he would be doing his rehab under the instructions of our physio. Something not right here sadly.

Hopefully he is, he wouldn't need to be with him 24/7.

I think you are probably right though. He was making some comments on twitter a while ago about "not believing what others say" regarding his injury, and saying he will be back. Possibly Saints have agreed to see him through his rehab with an agreement he looks for another club in this window. It wouldn't make a great deal of sense to me, but it does indeed seem something isn't right.

47 minutes ago, antrin said:

The only thing not quite right... is the probably flawed analysis of the situation, based on social media hearsay....

When the players themselves start posting on social media it is normally a good sign that is something is going on.

From there, the B&W Army detectives shall take over....

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

When the players themselves start posting on social media it is normally a good sign that is something is going on.

From there, the B&W Army detectives shall take over....

The Tansey post (which I saw well before the gossip grew), seemed to be his celebration of a gradual return to fitness.  I was pleased and impressed.  Others soon saw it as an indictment of the club.

he liked someone’s post. (Perhaps simply cos he was mentioned/not forgotten?). Again, this was fuel to the f**kin flummery...  :(

sometimes things are are just as straightforward as they seem.

Edited by antrin

9 minutes ago, antrin said:

The Tansey post (which I saw well before) the gossip grew, seemed to be his celebration of a gradual return to fitness.  I was pleased and impressed.  Others soon saw it as an indictment of the club.

he liked someone’s post. (Perhaps simply cos he was mentioned/not forgotten?). Again, this was fuel to the f**kin flummery...  :(

sometimes things are are just as straightforward as they seem.

I was talking about an older post, a couple of months ago.

Anyway, maybe someone could just ask him. He seems to have his phone with him oot there on the rugby pitch.

3 hours ago, Kemp said:

I was talking about an older post, a couple of months ago.

Anyway, maybe someone could just ask him. He seems to have his phone with him oot there on the rugby pitch.

Very true.

he never took the vids of himself kicking the ball towards the posts....

Edited by antrin

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Its up to every manager or his agent to agree/disagree clauses in their contract. If you limit it to effectively a one year rolling contract you will only ever get peanuts in compo if your manager is poached, and many managers will not, like Goody & Kearney leave jobs, homes etc with only a guarantee of 12 months pay and counting! Why would Goody or Oran have left a 2/3 year contract for a 12 month one?

you may also wish to factor in the possibility that what you were told, and what actually happens are two different things?

It was the AGM of a limited company in the presence of shareholders, the clubs auditor and the manager himself. All things considered, I'll go with what was said there.

6 minutes ago, Thorizaar said:

It was the AGM of a limited company in the presence of shareholders, the clubs auditor and the manager himself. All things considered, I'll go with what was said there.

He doesn't deal in facts.

Prefers to sail on and make a rip roaring James Hunt of himself.

Each to their own I suppose.

1 hour ago, Mykey said:
2 hours ago, antrin said:
Very true.

he never took the vids of himself kicking the bar towards the posts....

He kicked the bar towards the posts - no wonder he's injured

Ooops!   :shockaroony

And...

Ta for pointing out how social media can so easily distort reality.  :)