Jason Cummings Free Agent

Russian Saint

Jason Cummings (According to The Daily Record) has been released by Notts Forest even though he still has one year of his contract remaining. Hoose wrecking antics aside, what’s the audiences thoughts on him in a Saints jersey? (Assuming we could afford him) His career seems to be in free fall probably more to do with his antics outside of football. However, on his game he’d score goals for most teams IMO. Just putting it out there for opinions.

Hopefully this hasn’t been captured in another thread, so apologies if it has.

1 hour ago, Big Yards said:

I’d take just about anyone at this stage just so I know we are actually going to sign some new players! 

I see where you are coming from but I don't buy that argument.

I hope (believe?)that Jim and Gus have an idea of the style of play, formations and types of players they need to keep us in the top league. Thats their job. I trust them to do it. Ross kept us in the championship, Ross gained promotion, Stubbs came and went, Kearney kept us in the Top League. As I see it that's two out of three good appointments. People responded and our crowds have grown substantially. Time for cool heads.

Jason for SMFC ? He knows where the goals are,thats for sure. Leave it to the club.

Jason Cummings has scored less Premier League career goals in Scotland (two) than Cody Cooke has - and with significantly more appearances and playing for a significantly better team. 

He's never done anything in his career that suggests he's anything other than a very good Scottish Championship striker and would be a very f**king expensive one at that.

Steer well clear of this trainwreck of a boy.

Hibs in 13/14 - 16 appearances (9 starts), 0 goals

Rangers in 17/18 - 15 appearances (7 starts), 2 goals 

And nothing suggests he's going to get his head down and claw his way back any time soon. Hard no for me. 

Edited by djchapsticks

On 7/19/2019 at 10:46 PM, turrabuddie said:
On 7/19/2019 at 10:34 AM, TPAFKATS said:
Jason Cummings would bring more baggage than goals.
No thanks

The off pitch baggage would concern me too.

I agree with you on this, but as a matter of interest, has he signed anywhere? 

I'd imagine his agent will try and get him a gig to keep him down south. Teams in league one at very least will have seen what he offers off the back of loans at Peterborough and Luton. Coming back up the road would be seen as failure with most of the bigger clubs filling their forward line already, there wouldn't be many teams that would be able to afford his demands and fit him into their wage budget.

Though if reports are true and St Johnstone ARE interested, surely we could compete with them.

On 7/27/2019 at 10:06 AM, kevo_smfc said:

I'd imagine his agent will try and get him a gig to keep him down south. Teams in league one at very least will have seen what he offers off the back of loans at Peterborough and Luton. Coming back up the road would be seen as failure with most of the bigger clubs filling their forward line already, there wouldn't be many teams that would be able to afford his demands and fit him into their wage budget.

Though if reports are true and St Johnstone ARE interested, surely we could compete with them.

Tommy Wright has stated he’s not pursuing Cummings. Also Australia are interested in picking him for their national team. No idea why based on the fact no club team wants him!