League cup

Forgive me for mentioning this trophy (2010) but some guys keep saying that these games at the moment are basically pre season friendliest.T hey are not. We are in the league cup group stages .A cup we won for the first time in our history in 2013 beating Aberdeen Celtic and hearts to do so these are not friendlies we have to get out this group without embarrassment

15 minutes ago, belfast billy said:

Forgive me for mentioning this trophy (2010) but some guys keep saying that these games at the moment are basically pre season friendliest.T hey are not. We are in the league cup group stages .A cup we won for the first time in our history in 2013 beating Aberdeen Celtic and hearts to do so these are not friendlies we have to get out this group without embarrassment

Wholeheartedly agree. 

Live in Banbury now

Guest TPAFKATS

Yes they are competitive but we are starting 3 weeks behind our rivals and we need to use these games as pre season ones.

This new LC set up gives a huge advantage to the teams that finish in European places.

We should still be qualifying from the group though.

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

Yes they are competitive but we are starting 3 weeks behind our rivals and we need to use these games as pre season ones.

This new LC set up gives a huge advantage to the teams that finish in European places.

We should still be qualifying from the group though.

Do we.....................who is this we?

The guys who fork out money to watch us getting fit?

The club who could do with the cash?

A cop out to overshadow the situation that Goodwin finds himself in, up the creek with no money.

Aye, we should be qualifying from this pathetic group but it looks like we're not going to. 

Guest TPAFKATS

Do we.....................who is this we?
The guys who fork out money to watch us getting fit?
The club who could do with the cash?
A cop out to overshadow the situation that Goodwin finds himself in, up the creek with no money.
Aye, we should be qualifying from this pathetic group but it looks like we're not going to. 

It's not a cop out at all. It's my opinion based on what I think is pretty obvious.

Up the creek with no money appears to be your opinion but can you back it up?

8 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

It's not a cop out at all. It's my opinion based on what I think is pretty obvious.

Up the creek with no money appears to be your opinion but can you back it up?

Nice selective post but anyway....................

It's obvious we need additional players so Goodwin is "up the creek".....................a point I made some time ago when it was obvious the back room staff were supposed to have things under control.

If we have cash why are we unable to sign the quality and quantity of players we obviously need? 

19 hours ago, belfast billy said:

All you need to do is watch one of Jim Goodwin's first interview's Jim agrees with you Billy. Have received a few texts from none St Mirren fans one which sums up our embarrassment it reads. East Kilbride, seriously ? 

Guest TPAFKATS
It's obvious we need additional players so Goodwin is "up the creek".....................a point I made some time ago when it was obvious the back room staff were supposed to have things under control.
If we have cash why are we unable to sign the quality and quantity of players we obviously need? 

There is an obvious difference between not signing players and not having the money to sign players.

5 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

There is an obvious difference between not signing players and not having the money to sign players.

Aye ok. 🙈

On 7/20/2019 at 1:28 PM, belfast billy said:

The tournament has been ruined by the current format . Whether we like it or not the fact is this stage of the tournament is taking place pre season and it will always be treated with an element of pre season atmosphere to it.

The sooner the spfl ditch this shite format the better. The attendances speak for themselves. Surely that's a huge and clear indication that the fans aren't interested and this new format has fallen flat on its face. 

The fact that a team can win a national tournament by playing 4 games of football is a total joke as well.

2 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

The tournament has been ruined by the current format . Whether we like it or not the fact is this stage of the tournament is taking place pre season and it will always be treated with an element of pre season atmosphere to it.

The sooner the spfl ditch this shite format the better. The attendances speak for themselves. Surely that's a huge and clear indication that the fans aren't interested and this new format has fallen flat on its face. 

The fact that a team can win a national tournament by playing 4 games of football is a total joke as well.

How would you organise it? 

19 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

East Kilbride had one of their highest ever attendances yesterday. 

39 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

It is not pre season. 

We are supposed to be a professional football club and should have been preparing for this Tournament as soon as last season finished, if not before. 

32 minutes ago, munoz said:

East Kilbride had one of their highest ever attendances yesterday. 

Personally, I like the format and bringing in other teams. It's hardly their fault if we are unprepared. I'm not keen though on our European Representatives being able to host glamour friendlies during the early stages. 

30 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Personally, I like the format and bringing in other teams. It's hardly their fault if we are unprepared. I'm not keen though on our European Representatives being able to host glamour friendlies during the early stages. 

Walter says Glamour Friendlies. 

Sevco v Oxford. 

Sevco v any cnut. 

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha