Imagine if Stubbs or Rae were in charge.

The Meltdown would be of epic proportions.

Stubbs and Rae both got sacked on the back of League Cup results & performances that were arguably better than these.

We couldn't have hand picked an easier group stage but somehow we look like the worst team in it.

26 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Stubbs and Rae both got sacked on the back of League Cup results & performances that were arguably better than these.

The central point to your post is a blatant lie :lol:

Just now, saint in exile said:

Stubbs and Rae were sacked because they were sh*te. End of.

And so far our present manager ain't very goody. 

In fact, very baddy. 

Just like Rae and Stubbs. 

Ok i'll bite:thumbsup Stubbs was given the boot for more than just the results, he lost the dressing room almost immediately and never won it back. Goodwin is a far stronger character and will not suffer fools gladly but i also think he'll earn the respect of the squad as time progresses or they'll be out the door.

Just now, proudtobeabuddy said:

Ok i'll bite:thumbsup Stubbs was given the boot for more than just the results, he lost the dressing room almost immediately and never won it back. Goodwin is a far stronger character and will not suffer fools gladly but i also think he'll earn the respect of the squad as time progresses or they'll be out the door.

How do you get contracted players out the door as time progresses? 

3 minutes ago, shull said:

How do you get contracted players out the door as time progresses? 

You don't play them...usually works. First he needs new blood in the door. I think some of the regular starters are in for a shock as the season progresses.... don't want to single out players on here but i can predict which ones can be wary.

4 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

You don't play them...usually works. First he needs new blood in the door. I think some of the regular starters are in for a shock as the season progresses.... don't want to single out players on here but i can predict which ones can be wary.

Don't play them ? 

We will play Albion Rovers with no players then ? 

Maybe just the goalie ? 

58 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

We couldn't have hand picked an easier group stage but somehow we look like the worst team in it.

Goodwin hasn't signed Rogers, Coulson, Kpekawa, King or splashed out £75k on a signing who would look poor against League 2 and non-league opposition.

The squad Goodwin has inherited was augmented by players from Derby, Brighton last season, Popescu and Muzek along with Hladky made us harder to beat. Take away the quality we brought in on loan last season and we are back to debating whether the rest of the squad can beat relegation again (or could win the Championship without Lewis Morgan).

Goodwin is working with a squad that is laughably threadbare. The failures so far aren't his, but he doesn't get a free pass.

The squad Alex Rae was failing to win with was arguably stronger than the one we currently have. In part because we actually had some players.

Stubbs was sacked because he assembled a shite squad, which also hated him.

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Although I agree with you about JG being given an easier time than his predecessors,  I think its unfair to judge him just now. 

Our glaring problems are primarily down to lack of recruitment,  end of.

I'm not looking for anyone to bite, Goodwin seems to be immune from the criticism dished out to the 2 mentioned above and if it was a non St Mirren cup winning captain the meltdown would be extreme.

Others have highlighted the threadbare squad he inherited but he has employed the long ball to Danny Mullen tactic in the 2 games I have watched so imo he deserves criticism for what he has done with the available.

Mullen, Mcginn, Flynn, Andreu, Magennis etc should all be good enough to beat East Kilbride.

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I'm not looking for anyone to bite, Goodwin seems to be immune from the criticism dished out to the 2 mentioned above and if it was a non St Mirren cup winning captain the meltdown would be extreme.

Others have highlighted the threadbare squad he inherited but he has employed the long ball to Danny Mullen tactic in the 2 games I have watched so imo he deserves criticism for what he has done with the available.

Mullen, Mcginn, Flynn, Andreu, Magennis etc should all be good enough to beat East Kilbride.

I agree, but as usual with St Mirren everything has been rushed because of circumstances, i don't think we look that fit either so far but maybe he's been working them too hard in training with the league kick off in mind. It would be great sometime soon to have continuity between seasons so that everything is done properly and signings are in early doors.

58 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I wonder how Goody is being received in the dressing room? He's hooked the Captain twice, and his longest serving player is apparently riling up the support after he and his teammates embarrassed themselves. 

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

I wonder how Goody is being received in the dressing room? He's hooked the Captain twice, and his longest serving player is apparently riling up the support after he and his teammates embarrassed themselves. 

I always think the mark of a good captain or any player for that matter is how they react to adversity, If he reacts well to being hooked then good on him...it could be he's being protected from a niggle, who knows? As for the other players i think they know how that'll end if you start laughing at the fans even if they are mouthing off... i would have put my head down and ran off the pitch.

2 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I always think the mark of a good captain or any player for that matter is how they react to adversity, If he reacts well to being hooked then good on him...it could be he's being protected from a niggle, who knows? As for the other players i think they know how that'll end if you start laughing at the fans even if they are mouthing off... i would have put my head down and ran off the pitch.

Please, no more made up stories about injury.niggles. :lol: