Imagine if Stubbs or Rae were in charge.

2 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I'm trying to be diplomatic :D  It's not looking good for Stephen he's struggling with fitness right now IMO.

Ignore the F Man is my advice. He wasn't at any of our games this season. Stephen doesn't yet look match fit, I agree. The matches are competitive but also serve to bring players up to match fitness by the time our league season begins. As many are saying, including JG we need a bigger squad. 

As a club we always have shite patches of form and good patches of form - hoping this is us getting the bad form out the way prior to the season starting. Players certainly need a kick up the arse. Also need at least 6 players in, the fact we’ve got no wingers, no left back and no back up centre backs is a joke. 

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

That's fecking hilarious, if true.

We've played a team in the league below us, another 2 diddy teams and we're tired? :lol:

Sweep was doing the teamtalks, right enough .

Zzzzzzzweeper07 

23 minutes ago, Doakes said:

As a club we always have shite patches of form and good patches of form - hoping this is us getting the bad form out the way prior to the season starting. Players certainly need a kick up the arse. Also need at least 6 players in, the fact we’ve got no wingers, no left back and no back up centre backs is a joke. 

Not a joke it's very worrying.  

Guest TPAFKATS
We've played a team in the league below us, another 2 diddy teams and we're tired? [emoji38]
We've played 3 competitive games in 7 days during what should be pre season. The manager is also prioritising improving fitness at the same time. I'm not sure why this would be hilarious.
Its a shite situation just now however I'm hoping it will be to our benefit as the season progresses.

Goodwin is well aware he has a big task ahead of him. The squad of players he has available right now are clearly not good enough and better players will come in soon. He will throw everything he has at the challenge ahead of him because he is a fighter with the determined attitude that is required. If he should fail, he knows what to expect but I believe he will be given time by GS to make his mark.

Stubbs and Rae were both hopeless, arrogant, and they probably thought they should be managing at a higher level than St Mirren. With their giant egos I can't imagine either of them could get the players onside with them. Neither of them should ever have been allowed anywhere near the manager's office at our club. Those "contributors" who continually criticise GS for Stubbs' sacking are attention-seeking mischief makers.

I'm backing Jim Goodwin to bring in the right players to sort out this shambles within a couple of weeks. 

We've played a team in the league below us, another 2 diddy teams and we're tired? [emoji38]
Apparently that is true my son watched the interview and from needing 5 players on Wednesday it's now down to 4 after today's performance.

4 hours ago, Ronnie said:

The Meltdown would be of epic proportions.

Stubbs and Rae both got sacked on the back of League Cup results & performances that were arguably better than these.

We couldn't have hand picked an easier group stage but somehow we look like the worst team in it.

I get your point, but I do feel there are differences.

Rae was unfortunate not to progress from the League Cup, picking up 9 points but finishing outside of the top 2. Ayr’s surprise win over Hamilton scuppered us and after going strong against Edinburgh City we somehow failed to get the 4th goal that would have done it. After that, we were absolutely dire in the league, with a squad so poor that a decent manager in Jack Ross needed the transfer market to change our fortunes.

Stubbs had already made a few of his signings by the time we failed to beat QP and Spartans, including big money Heaton. League results were dire and that finished him.

Here, Goodwin clearly doesn’t have a final squad. Now, who is that the fault of? Is Goodwin himself failing to bring in the players? Is Gus McPherson to blame? Is it whoever is negotiating deals for players to blame considering we’ve brought in one player? This may or may not be Goody’s fault, but right now he definitely doesn’t have the squad needed. It’s ridiculous to be going into the group stage of a major trophy like this, and there is definite blame somewhere, it’s just hard to know who exactly that blame lies with.

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

We've played 3 competitive games in 7 days during what should be pre season. The manager is also prioritising improving fitness at the same time. I'm not sure why this would be hilarious.
Its a shite situation just now however I'm hoping it will be to our benefit as the season progresses.

Other teams play 3 games in the same period, how's that stacking up?

Other teams in our group are not full time teams, how they getting on? 

We're supposed to be a professional football team that went to Spain to, I'd guess, improve our fitness.

We played friendlies to, I'd guess, improve our fitness.

Nice attempt, massive fail. :byebye

4 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I'm not looking for anyone to bite, Goodwin seems to be immune from the criticism dished out to the 2 mentioned above and if it was a non St Mirren cup winning captain the meltdown would be extreme.

Others have highlighted the threadbare squad he inherited but he has employed the long ball to Danny Mullen tactic in the 2 games I have watched so imo he deserves criticism for what he has done with the available.

Mullen, Mcginn, Flynn, Andreu, Magennis etc should all be good enough to beat East Kilbride.

I'd like to think that when a boss has been in place for less than a month and signed a grand total of two players there would be no meltdown at all after a bad result.

6 hours ago, Ronnie said:

The Meltdown would be of epic proportions.

Stubbs and Rae both got sacked on the back of League Cup results & performances that were arguably better than these.

We couldn't have hand picked an easier group stage but somehow we look like the worst team in it.

Absolutely pathetic St Mirren. Is this going to be another poor season with the paisley express promoting positivity out of nothing?

Only thing that worried me in the interview is that he said he wants to recruit in the final third, attacking players. Imo we need to sort the defence as a priority. Lost 3 goals to Dunfermline... we’ll lose far more than that when we come up against stronger clubs unless we bring in a proper left back. Gary Mac injured again so clearly can’t rely on him being fit all season. 2 of the 4/5 mentioned need to be defenders imo

Goodwin said we've signed Andreu and Djorkaeff and still need another 4 or possibly 5 players in and recruitment is vital.
Going by what I witnessed last week and Today(i missed Wednesday night), the need for players is so great it will take more than 1 transfer window to sort out.

I would suggest not only do we need players in to add to the squad some of our present players simply aren't good enough and they will need replaced too.

I include our captain, Mullen & Magennis on the replacement list.

1 minute ago, Doakes said:

Only thing that worried me in the interview is that he said he wants to recruit in the final third, attacking players. Imo we need to sort the defence as a priority. Lost 3 goals to Dunfermline... we’ll lose far more than that when we come up against stronger clubs unless we bring in a proper left back. Gary Mac injured again so clearly can’t rely on him being fit all season. 2 of the 4/5 mentioned need to be defenders imo

He is right that we urgently need to recruit in attack as well though. If you can create over 20 chances against a non-league side you expect to have the quality to put 2 or 3 at least away.

You are right that we need to recruit in defence. At least 3 new players are needed back there, two wingers, and at least one striker. I'm not sure where the "4 or 5" talk is coming from, we really need at least 6. 

3 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Going by what I witnessed last week and Today(i missed Wednesday night), the need for players is so great it will take more than 1 transfer window to sort out.

I would suggest not only do we need players in to add to the squad some of our present players simply aren't good enough and they will need replaced too.

I include our captain, Mullen & Magennis on the replacement list.

What complete and utter drivel. Away and lie down Ronnie, clearly been drinking from before kick off today :lol: