Imagine if Stubbs or Rae were in charge.

What complete and utter drivel. Away and lie down Ronnie, clearly been drinking from before kick off today [emoji38]
After watching that I wish I did have a drink before and after maybe blot it out from my memory.

The OK situation was handled badly, he & the club (GLS) should've sat down and sorted out whether an acceptable compromise for the upcoming season could be reached within 48 hours of the Dundee Utd. game.

Letting it drag on for a month and the apparent breakdown of the DoF role has cost us what should have been a stroll through to the knockout stages of the LC and according to JG we need 5 players to get the team up to league strength. Two problems with this 1) how many players do you need to sign to get 5 that will fit in & contribute and 2) how long will they take to gel - recent experience shows 4-6 weeks by which time we may be playing catch-up again & JGs honeymoon period well & truly over 

I hope JG has an ironclad contract, I suspect he'll need it, he may very well have one after all we  weren't in a strong bargaining position.

Good luck JG & the goode shippe Smurn... 

Edited by Bud the Baker

3 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Well not really, Stubbs was never really liked and......... Rae was never really liked. Goodwin is rightly a hero and as such will be given more time, rightly 

So is to be given more time because u like him?🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by gstretchuk

• 3 months later...

4 months later still the same old shi#e.

If anyone not previously connected with the club was in charge there would be hundreds of posts calling for his head.

His tactics are terrible, his insistence on continually playing the same players is just plain stupid, his excuses are laughable.

Jim its time to go.

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

4 months later still the same old shi#e.

If anyone not previously connected with the club was in charge there would be hundreds of posts calling for his head.

His tactics are terrible, his insistence on continually playing the same players is just plain stupid, his excuses are laughable.

Jim its time to go.

To be replaced by who?

What a stupid thread. Mods!!!!
Disagree. Goody is getting a bit more time cos of who he is. If it was anyone else there would be a lot of unrest. Goody refuses to change his style. The same team get picked every week even tho performance are poor. In the league of the 11 who started yesterday only 4 other players have started. Tho the team is failing. Who's to blame Goody or Gus???

OK, what tactics would you use in place of Goodwin's? What players would you play instead of those Goodwin does? What excuses would you use that are acceptable?

f**king grow up, you're a St Mirren supporter not a f**king OF fan. If you don't know by now that this sort of shit happens, then you should just give up - not just on football but on life itself.
Like Santaponsasaint pointed out we have only started 4 other players despite losing 8 from 12.

I have played and watched enough football over the years that if Goodwin isn't changing a losing team he certainly wouldn't change a winning team not that this present 11 is likely to win many games soon.

First change would be to drop Magennis he has been honking all season long.

Djorkaeff, Durmus, Breadner & McPherson deserve at least a few games to see what they can do.

McPherson and Djorkaeff were only outfield players who got pass marks in league cup shambles.

Personally I would play a 3-4-1-2.

The obvious 3 centre halves Flynn- Foley-Mcginn-Durmus
Andrei
Obika & Mullen.

Flynn on Right Durmus on left could be rotated depending on opposition for P Mcginn and McPherson.

Sticking with the same underperforming 11 every week isn't going to work especially now that every team has played us and only 2 failed to get a point.

It's ok Starfishblaster you carry on being happy with the crap on show and if you dare to criticise you can resort to telling critic go support the old firm a pathetic response that was boring the first time it was posted.

14 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Somebody that isn't tactically inept would be a start.

That's not good enough FFS.

If you are calling for someone to be sacked you should at least have thought through at least one person who could replace them.

ETA. Oaky, FFS read the entire thread first. :D

Edited by oaksoft

Guest TPAFKATS

What a f**king thread! [emoji1]
So far we have Goodwin being shite as he won't change tactics, formation or players.

And yet, he has changed all 3 so far this season.

There have been glimpses of some good performances. Unfortunately it's just in spells so far however that is already better than anything Stubbs or Rae managed.

I don't get the sudden rage by fans on here. You'd think being bottom of the league in November was a new thing? I can understand the angst of hibs, hearts even St. Johnstone fans.

We've just lost at celtic park and Tyne castle and suddenly the sky is falling down.

What a f**king thread!

9 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

What a f**king thread! emoji1.png
So far we have Goodwin being shite as he won't change tactics, formation or players.

And yet, he has changed all 3 so far this season.

There have been glimpses of some good performances. Unfortunately it's just in spells so far however that is already better than anything Stubbs or Rae managed.

I don't get the sudden rage by fans on here. You'd think being bottom of the league in November was a new thing? I can understand the angst of hibs, hearts even St. Johnstone fans.

We've just lost at celtic park and Tyne castle and suddenly the sky is falling down.

What a f**king thread!

Its a minor point, but one worth setting the record straight on. Rae in his first season guided us to safety after the clusterf**k that was Murray departed. The board (Scott) couldnt wait to get rid of him, sacking him after six games in the next season.

to say Goody has (Managed Better) when we couldnt beat non league teams etc is stretching things beyond the actual reality of what happened. Yes Rae resorted to "Shelling" to try and get results, but Goody has not, as yet shown he can 'better' Rae.

also we just shippd five goals against a MANAGERLESS team who hadnt won at home for SEVEN months..... by who and how much do we need to be humped for that reality to sink in? Even Goody admitted it was a poor performance, given the lowly state of our opponents.

Edited by Lord Pityme

Imagine if we appointed a failed sacked manager as a technical director :)

Oh wait we have.

For me as long as GM is TD this club will go nowhere.

Looking at the stats so far from Wiki!

GM Record

P 289 W101 D83 L105  Win % 34.95

JR Record

P74 W38 D27 L10 Win % 50.67

AS Record

P9 W2 D3 L4 Win % 22.2

JG Record

P 16 W3 D4 L9 Win % 18.75

Is JG the man to take us forward, not so sure but I hope he's given time to do so. But that is just my opinion, for me unless we can get it right behind the scenes we will not get it right on the park.

Ross C and Hibs games for me are a minimum of 4 points needed and we should really be aiming to take all 6 points at home.

Guest TPAFKATS

Its a minor point, but one worth setting the record straight on. Rae in his first season guided us to safety after the clusterf**k that was Murray departed. The board (Scott) couldnt wait to get rid of him, sacking him after six games in the next season.
to say Goody has (Managed Better) when we couldnt beat non league teams etc is stretching things beyond the actual reality of what happened. Yes Rae resorted to "Shelling" to try and get results, but Goody has not, as yet shown he can 'better' Rae.
also we just shippd five goals against a MANAGERLESS team who hadnt won at home for SEVEN months..... by who and how much do we need to be humped for that reality to sink in? Even Goody admitted it was a poor performance, given the lowly state of our opponents.
What I have seen so far in the league this season is definitely an improvement on the clusterf**k that Rae had on the park at the start of his brief campaign at start of 16/17 season.

Guest TPAFKATS
Imagine if we appointed a failed sacked manager as a technical director [emoji4]
Oh wait we have.
For me as long as GM is TD this club will go nowhere.
Looking at the stats so far from Wiki!
GM Record
P 289 W101 D83 L105  Win % 34.95
JR Record
P74 W38 D27 L10 Win % 50.67
AS Record
P9 W2 D3 L4 Win % 22.2
JG Record
P 16 W3 D4 L9 Win % 18.75
Is JG the man to take us forward, not so sure but I hope he's given time to do so. But that is just my opinion, for me unless we can get it right behind the scenes we will not get it right on the park.
Ross C and Hibs games for me are a minimum of 4 points needed and we should really be aiming to take all 6 points at home.
I'm no fan of gus however those stats are skewed. Ross only managed in championship, most of Gus games were in top tier.
Also would be interesting to see OK stats as many on here reckon he was the messiah.

3 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

I'm no fan of gus however those stats are skewed. Ross only managed in championship, most of Gus games were in top tier.
Also would be interesting to see OK stats as many on here reckon he was the messiah.

I agree on the stats of JR, speaking to Hearts/Hibs fans, neither fancy JR as he hasn't managed at the top level in Scotland yet!

OK stats!

P38 W8 D10 L20 Win % 21.05

Looks very poor return really, but the fact we stayed up he will remain in our hearts :)