Imagine if Stubbs or Rae were in charge.

2 hours ago, GeordieBuddie said:

I agree on the stats of JR, speaking to Hearts/Hibs fans, neither fancy JR as he hasn't managed at the top level in Scotland yet!

OK stats!

P38 W8 D10 L20 Win % 21.05

Looks very poor return really, but the fact we stayed up he will remain in our hearts :) 

Hibs forum poll suggests otherwise .

5290F331-E6BC-44C2-BDFA-E227895A5E9C.png

Yep. I am aware of that .  62% of any vote is pretty impressive though.  

Their other social media platforms also seem to favour JR , he is also getting lots of support on the jamtarts social media too.  

Aye, about 62% of people on here seem to hate all things St Mirren, so fair shout [emoji1]

38 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Aye, about 62% of people on here seem to hate all things St Mirren, so fair shout emoji1.png

I have noticed

I get its November- its cold- we are bottom- we just lost 5 goals- and we have brought in some total dross

However as you say , some on here are just WUMs...………………… and the Sinbin crew seemed to have sucked the life out of this fragile forum

Another season same old pish hence why we keep writing the same stuff over and over again  season after season.Maybe we just have to except that's as good as it's ever going to get with the occasional blip when we get a wee bit of success before going back to less than mediocre. 

Another season same old pish hence why we keep writing the same stuff over and over again  season after season.Maybe we just have to except that's as good as it's ever going to get with the occasional blip when we get a wee bit of success before going back to less than mediocre. 

It’s there as you say, for all to see. We’ve not been great so far this season.

There are however many more positives than negatives. Some people have us relegated already, it’s not even close to that.We are still a top flight team yet although many know bottom half is ‘our level’ some people have unrealistic expectations.

Aside from the Hearts game we have been ‘harder to beat’ it was actually a surprise to lose 5 goals as opposed to expected.

I believe things will definitely click into place before Christmas and things won’t nearly seem so negative on the pitch.

The forum however? Negative by many win/lose/draw , some appear to ‘hate’ the board, the price of a ticket , the pies etc. I think it must be hard work being so negative for so many on here , can’t imagine they’re a ‘joy to be around’

We win/lose/draw, it’s always been that way and always will be that way. We are in the top flight, let’s see what the rest of the season brings, I’m saying 8th minimum.

10 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

It’s there as you say, for all to see. We’ve not been great so far this season.

There are however many more positives than negatives. Some people have us relegated already, it’s not even close to that.We are still a top flight team yet although many know bottom half is ‘our level’ some people have unrealistic expectations.

Aside from the Hearts game we have been ‘harder to beat’ it was actually a surprise to lose 5 goals as opposed to expected.

I believe things will definitely click into place before Christmas and things won’t nearly seem so negative on the pitch.

The forum however? Negative by many win/lose/draw , some appear to ‘hate’ the board, the price of a ticket , the pies etc. I think it must be hard work being so negative for so many on here , can’t imagine they’re a ‘joy to be around’

We win/lose/draw, it’s always been that way and always will be that way. We are in the top flight, let’s see what the rest of the season brings, I’m saying 8th minimum.

The Samaritans hung up on some of the dross on here...………

Hey  it could be worse we could be Morton who also have lost their last 7 away games  

What a f**king thread! [emoji1]
So far we have Goodwin being shite as he won't change tactics, formation or players.

And yet, he has changed all 3 so far this season.

There have been glimpses of some good performances. Unfortunately it's just in spells so far however that is already better than anything Stubbs or Rae managed.

I don't get the sudden rage by fans on here. You'd think being bottom of the league in November was a new thing? I can understand the angst of hibs, hearts even St. Johnstone fans.

We've just lost at celtic park and Tyne castle and suddenly the sky is falling down.

What a f**king thread!
I started this thread after the shambles of the league cup because I thought our manager got a far easier ride than the managers mentioned because of who he is.

I revisited it due to now being 12 games in and imo nothing has changed even you say we have had glimpses of good performances, sorry but glimpses isn't really going to cut it.

Let's deal in Facts -

Hibs were terrible first 11 games of the season but got 1 victory against who???

Kilmarnock were terrible against us 2 weeks ago but guess who won??? They proved how bad they are by losing twice and only drawing with 10 men since that victory.

Livingston defeated us with 2 bad defensive mistakes but according to Jim on Saturday we haven't lost goals like that this season???

Ross County if you watch closely have scored most of their goals with very early crosses and a certain Ross Stewart heading to back post to meet these crosses, guess how County scored their 2 goals v us???

Hamilton had 10 men v Saints for over 25/30 minutes we couldn't muster a decent chance??? A crap Kilmarnock in same situation scored 2.

Hearts no manager, no home win since March, not scored 5 at home in 3+ years score 5 v us including 3 headers/crosses into the box but according to Jim we haven't lost goals like that this season???

He has only started 15 different players in a team that has won 2 from 12. Crazy imo as the favourite/first 11 obviously aren't performing you should try something different.

We have lost goals from players completely unmarked at corners against Livingston,Kilmarnock and Hearts then you watch our corners go straight out the park(Magennis white a few times this season) at opposite side of the pitch you just scratch your head and think WHY???

According to the fans like yourself who can't see the gravity of the situation everything is rosy because only 6 points separates the bottom 6 I can guarantee by the time we get our next 6 points at least 3 of these other 5 teams will have gained more than 6 & we will be cut adrift.

Goodwin is out his depth and listening to his crappy excuses proves it as he is either stupid/blind or thinks we are as he forgets the defensive mistakes from previous games.

Guest TPAFKATS

I started this thread after the shambles of the league cup because I thought our manager got a far easier ride than the managers mentioned because of who he is.

I revisited it due to now being 12 games in and imo nothing has changed even you say we have had glimpses of good performances, sorry but glimpses isn't really going to cut it.

Let's deal in Facts -

Hibs were terrible first 11 games of the season but got 1 victory against who???

Kilmarnock were terrible against us 2 weeks ago but guess who won??? They proved how bad they are by losing twice and only drawing with 10 men since that victory.

Livingston defeated us with 2 bad defensive mistakes but according to Jim on Saturday we haven't lost goals like that this season???

Ross County if you watch closely have scored most of their goals with very early crosses and a certain Ross Stewart heading to back post to meet these crosses, guess how County scored their 2 goals v us???

Hamilton had 10 men v Saints for over 25/30 minutes we couldn't muster a decent chance??? A crap Kilmarnock in same situation scored 2.

Hearts no manager, no home win since March, not scored 5 at home in 3+ years score 5 v us including 3 headers/crosses into the box but according to Jim we haven't lost goals like that this season???

He has only started 15 different players in a team that has won 2 from 12. Crazy imo as the favourite/first 11 obviously aren't performing you should try something different.

We have lost goals from players completely unmarked at corners against Livingston,Kilmarnock and Hearts then you watch our corners go straight out the park(Magennis white a few times this season) at opposite side of the pitch you just scratch your head and think WHY???

According to the fans like yourself who can't see the gravity of the situation everything is rosy because only 6 points separates the bottom 6 I can guarantee by the time we get our next 6 points at least 3 of these other 5 teams will have gained more than 6 & we will be cut adrift.

Goodwin is out his depth and listening to his crappy excuses proves it as he is either stupid/blind or thinks we are as he forgets the defensive mistakes from previous games.

Far too long a post to deal with every point bud.
However, I'll try a few.
No one, as far as I can see, is suggesting everything is rosy as we are bottom of the league.

The manager has tried different formations. If we had started 20 odd players folk would be complaining that he didn't have a settled team.
I'm sure it's more than 15 different starters though.

There are only 12 games played and we have a lot of home games (6 of the next 9) to come which is good as we are pish away from home. Of the 3 away games, I'd be hopeful of picking up points in Perth and Hamilton.

I genuinely think we are a better team than last season, particularly this point of last season.

As I have said in another post ,Jim is inexperienced  at this level and still unsure of his tactics,but for the club to move forward we need  stability  ,and give Jim time.

He should fix his set up and get players to fit it,some in January and then in the summer ,regardless if we go down.

Edited by waldorf34
Spelling

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:

Far too long a post to deal with every point bud.

However, I'll try a few.
No one, as far as I can see, is suggesting everything is rosy as we are bottom of the league.

The manager has tried different formations. If we had started 20 odd players folk would be complaining that he didn't have a settled team.
I'm sure it's more than 15 different starters though.

There are only 12 games played and we have a lot of home games (6 of the next 9) to come which is good as we are pish away from home. Of the 3 away games, I'd be hopeful of picking up points in Perth and Hamilton.

I genuinely think we are a better team than last season, particularly this point of last season.

Up until last Saturday many of the defeats were by fine margins

Guest TPAFKATS

Stubbs managed to get us out of the league cup group stage. 
To give some context we lost to a Hearts team that's not won at home in several months, and had only scored 10 goals in 11 games.
We've also lost to Hibs, they have now won 2 games all season, lost to Livingston who lost a considerable amount of their top players in the summer.
I could go on, it's not the last 2 games that are of some concern, I don't see anyone shouting about the sky falling down, it;s the lack of any real attacking intent or ability..

Are we back to the league Cup again?

Hearts had 2 of their best players back after long term injury and we had a defensive mare.
Ffs, how many years have you watched St. Mirren play a team on a bad run? You know what tends to happen. We should be happy it never happened against St. Johnstone [emoji1]
Is that the same Livingstone that beat Celtic?
Lack of attacking intent or ability? We started with 2 strikers on Saturday and they both scored.

Like Santaponsasaint pointed out we have only started 4 other players despite losing 8 from 12.

I have played and watched enough football over the years that if Goodwin isn't changing a losing team he certainly wouldn't change a winning team not that this present 11 is likely to win many games soon.

First change would be to drop Magennis he has been honking all season long.

Djorkaeff, Durmus, Breadner & McPherson deserve at least a few games to see what they can do.

McPherson and Djorkaeff were only outfield players who got pass marks in league cup shambles.

Personally I would play a 3-4-1-2.

The obvious 3 centre halves Flynn- Foley-Mcginn-Durmus
Andrei
Obika & Mullen.

Flynn on Right Durmus on left could be rotated depending on opposition for P Mcginn and McPherson.

Sticking with the same underperforming 11 every week isn't going to work especially now that every team has played us and only 2 failed to get a point.

It's ok Starfishblaster you carry on being happy with the crap on show and if you dare to criticise you can resort to telling critic go support the old firm a pathetic response that was boring the first time it was posted.
Totally disagree with what you said about Magennis. The youngster is being played out of his natural position to accommodate McGinn. Flynn and Foley yet hes a better centre mid player than the 3 of them. But also I'm not paying 25 or 30 quid to watch us punt aimless balls to a 6ft plus forward who can't jump.

Guest TPAFKATS
Why isn't the league cup relevant? Doesn't it count? 
You do seem to be unable to look at the whole season, you are aware we are rank rotten in the goal scoring stats?
One game? ha ha  
Surely you mean the season so far [emoji6]

Yes it's only one game, but it's the most recent game so seems a bit strange to bring it up now [emoji1]

14 hours ago, freethinker said:

Have you a good reason for reading the Sin Bin ?

Is it because you love to be offended and to get the pish ripped out of you  ?

Ah and another alias bites...……

See I don't need to create another handle to be allowed to roam where I want

We all have to go for a dump now and then  

• 2 months later...
On 7/20/2019 at 4:45 PM, Ronnie said:

The Meltdown would be of epic proportions.

Stubbs and Rae both got sacked on the back of League Cup results & performances that were arguably better than these.

We couldn't have hand picked an easier group stage but somehow we look like the worst team in it.

Someone Wants Alan Stubbs. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/alan-stubbs-set-west-ham-role-david-moyes-offers-former-hibs-boss-coaching-position-1362608

11 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Don't do it David - He is a total waste of space - He cannot talk properly or with any cohesion, he has NOT got a clue on players abilities, and it is hard to imagine that he has any decent ability to coach whatsoever...   ASK the Saints or Rotherham fans first !!!    Sure and Steadfast

6 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Don't do it David - He is a total waste of space - He cannot talk properly or with any cohesion, he has NOT got a clue on players abilities, and it is hard to imagine that he has any decent ability to coach whatsoever...   ASK the Saints or Rotherham fans first !!!    Sure and Steadfast

Don’t be so harsh on yourself