Albion Rovers v St Mirren

St.Ricky

Albion Rovers Betfred Cup Home Matches

Our two home matches in the Betfred Cup will have the same pricing structure:

Adults: £12

Concessions: £6

U12s free with if accompanied by paid ticket.

Albion Rovers vs St. Mirren

Tuesday 23 July, 7.45pm

Albion Rovers vs Edinburgh City

Saturday 27 July, 3pm

7 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I believe we will.

I said we would struggle against Kilby who are a better side than Albion.

I reckon we will win by at least three against Rovers... and their pies are amazing!

EK LOST to Albion Rovers?  :blink:

I doubt there's much between them. 

We have an easy group which is looking like we've messed up big time. 

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Am I wrong (it happens) but don't we still have a chance of qualifying? Best to save judgement till the round has been completed by all participants. Oh... And win well against Rovers 

So far to qualify as one of the best runners up a club has needed 9 pts. so realistically we are out already. 

A win win be good In terms of morale & avoiding a midweek meltdown on here possibly even prize money, but that's all.

24 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Barring a miracle, we're out. This game is a chance to hopefully see an improved performance and improved match fitness because it's all about the league opener now.

Both responses to my last post have a lot to commend them. I still live in hope. Deluded, I may be. 

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Both responses to my last post have a lot to commend them. I still live in hope. Deluded, I may be. 

We've seen a few miracles in our time but this is out of our hands and Jim doesn't have the required squad at his command at this stage. I'n the eternal optimist when it comes to St Mirren too but also a realist.

5 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

We've seen a few miracles in our time but this is out of our hands and Jim doesn't have the required squad at his command at this stage. I'n the eternal optimist when it comes to St Mirren too but also a realist.

Certainly "unlikely" that we will progress. We do need to win and win by a number of goals to have any chance of progression, Sharper build up, more precise finishing needed. 22 shots on Saturday, 9 on target but no goals. 

13 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

The results are not the hard one to take...its the fact bar a couple of freed players we have no new signings. That for me is the major concern....

Looks like Jim might have thrown a spanner in the works by having his own list of players - rightly so. An early test to the theory that a Director of football brings consistency when managers change. I feel the Clubs biggest failing so far is losing Popescu, Hodson and Muzek. All 3 wanted to stay and all 3 are the right quality. Poor imo.

Guest TPAFKATS
The results are not the hard one to take...its the fact bar a couple of freed players we have no new signings. That for me is the major concern....
The lack of signings is frustrating, we're you expecting more than freed players though?
Most Scottish clubs rarely pay fees for players they sign.

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

You know I haven't even looked at the Table or the other result from Saturday! :lol:

I'll just check on the goal swing we need, a defeat for Dunfermline and a swing of 6 maybe 7 goals - COYS!

Not much to ask!