Albion Rovers v St Mirren

St.Ricky

1 hour ago, munoz said:

Being a part timer again tonight. Cant get the motivation to try and rush home from work and drive out to Coatbrig,  so another night on black and white midweek football special. 

Surely if Dunfermline can take 6 off of this team , we can at very least expect a comfortable win. What could possibly go wrong? 

4-0 Saints. 

Don't worry about it, there will be lots that urnie there. :wink:

On 7/21/2019 at 8:19 AM, faraway saint said:
On 7/21/2019 at 8:10 AM, BuddieinEK said:

I believe we will.

I said we would struggle against Kilby who are a better side than Albion.

I reckon we will win by at least three against Rovers... and their pies are amazing!

EK LOST to Albion Rovers?  :blink:

I doubt there's much between them. 

We have an easy group which is looking like we've messed up big time. 

Yes, but it's what we do ........ maybe this time ..............................?

An early goal should do the trick. The longer we go in these games without scoring, the more we panic and the more the lower league team’s confidence grows. Really hope Mullen scores tonight. His confidence looks down, like a lot of the team, but when he’s in the mood he can win us games with his finishing. Tonight is about trying to improve confidence, fitness and momentum. 3-0 Saints

1 hour ago, santaponsasaint said:

If the players go in with their normal attitude they'll lose. Personally I'd give Breadner a start cos let's be honest he can't do no worse than the ones who have played in last three games. But doesn't look like Goody has much faith in youth. Wonder what midfielders will be playing full back this time? Also think Goody was a bit naive saying we don't want loan players. Right now they would very welcome.

Why?

Because he's playing our senior players to try and get them match fit?

FFS.

38 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

An early goal should do the trick. The longer we go in these games without scoring, the more we panic and the more the lower league team’s confidence grows. Really hope Mullen scores tonight. His confidence looks down, like a lot of the team, but when he’s in the mood he can win us games with his finishing. Tonight is about trying to improve confidence, fitness and momentum. 3-0 Saints

Any goal would do!

I'll go 0-0 with AR winning on pens.

21 minutes ago, NB18 said:

Given we are all but out the cup, It would be good to see a few of the younger lads get their chance tonight like Cammy Breadner & Scott Glover.

If I decide to go, I'd rather not see the younger players start.

I would hope that JG has put a rocket up the arses of the senior players that have underachieved so badly, and demanded a performance that secures commanding victory.

If they continue to underachieve, then they can be replaced by the younger players.

9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Hopefully a good performance, a good result and afterwards, oh please dear god, no more of our fans spreading malicious bullshit about our manager being "nowhere to be seen" at kick off.

Are you going along tonight Oaksoft? 

If I decide to go, I'd rather not see the younger players start.
I would hope that JG has put a rocket up the arses of the senior players that have underachieved so badly, and demanded a performance that secures commanding victory.
If they continue to underachieve, then they can be replaced by the younger players.
Unfortunately due to how thin the squad is, There is no fear of being taken out the team if a player is underperforming.

If we brought some younger players into the squad, it sends a message to these players that the performances aren't good enough.

24 minutes ago, NB18 said:

Unfortunately due to how thin the squad is, There is no fear of being taken out the team if a player is underperforming.

If we brought some younger players into the squad, it sends a message to these players that the performances aren't good enough.

I thought we had. Ernahon, Macpherson, Breadner etc

Maybe a Moderator could delete the two irrelevant and daft threads presently on General Discussion regarding attendance and non attendance of Buddies and soccer matches. 

2 minutes ago, shull said:

Maybe a Moderator could delete the two irrelevant and daft threads presently on General Discussion regarding attendance and non attendance of Buddies and soccer matches. 

I shouldnt think that the one about attending would be deleted as it provides an opportunity for St Mirren Fans to get to know each other. The other thread serves no purpose however. 

I thought we had. Ernahon, Macpherson, Breadner etc
Breadner featured for less than a minute against Edinburgh City

Erhahon has underperformed in the Betfred Cup although I do have some sympathy for him considering he's having to play Full-back instead of his natural position in Midfield.

1 minute ago, NB18 said:

Breadner featured for less than a minute against Edinburgh City

Erhahon has underperformed in the Betfred Cup although I do have some sympathy for him considering he's having to play Full-back instead of his natural position in Midfield.

Correct in both. I guess my point is that we have three young guys in the match day squad. All three have been given game time, not much in Brradner's case. 

Family holiday so won't be going tonight, though wouldn't have been going anyway.
Eternal optimist where Buddies are concerned, so looking for a 4-0 victory.
If we really did create even half as many chances against EK as BBC would have believe then surely someone will get the ball across the line tonight.

39 minutes ago, shull said:

I am not attending tonight's match. 

Walter Mitty mark 1 is. 

Walter Mitty mark 2 isnae. 

Munoz is seeing sense at last and won't be at Cliftonhill Arena. Good lad. 

Saving my pennies for the first league game. Edinburgh isn't cheap. 

If we had made a couple new signings,  I might of reconsidered. 

38 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
4 hours ago, FTOF said:
Why?
Because he's playing our senior players to try and get them match fit?
FFS.

No. Cos when the games were going badly only once he brought a young player on. Breadner came fir the last 30 secs of the Edinburgh game and still done better than most of the ones who played 90 mins.

Like it or not, we are still in pre-season. The main objective of which is to get the first team players match fit.

I'm sure that McManus will have informed Goodwin of the relative merits of the likes of Breadner. These players will have benefited from simply being part of the first team squad.

To make a statement like you did, after 4 pre-season games, is laughable.

Also, are Erhahon and MacPherson not in the category of "youths"?

Edited by FTOF

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Like it or not, we are still in pre-season. The main objective of which is to get the first team players match fit.

I'm sure that McManus will have informed Goodwin of the relative merits of the likes of Breadner. These players will have benefited from simply being part of the first team squad.

To make a statement like you did, after 4 pre-season games, is laughable.

Also, are Erhahon and MacPherson not in the category of "youths"?

It's just a pity other teams seem to be up to speed better than us, including diddy teams. :lol: