Albion Rovers v St Mirren

St.Ricky

I think we have every reason to be worried I reckon we are at least eight bodies short in terms of squad no matches lined up prior to Easter Road we have sold around 3200 season tickets I feel Scott has to give some sort of update on our position and lack of planning and exactly what the future planning is I think the loyal fans are due this

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

No, it would be a great format if it started after the season had started.

It’s a f**kin lottery, pitting teams at completely different stages of preparation against each other. If this was happening in September there is no way you’d be seeing some of the scores we’ve been seeing. That doesn’t make it good. It makes it f**kin stupid.

Stop bloody whining. The competition format is great and gives smaller teams a fighting chance of an upset.

It's up to teams like ours to show we want to win more.

The format is fine.

Kinda difficult outwith this newish league cup format. The 92-99 period was utterly dreadful. Wouldn't blame anyone for having expunged it from their memory. Not defending these results either, real alarm bells sounding loud and clear.

Didn’t say it was the worst mate but, if we’re getting into it, tell me the last time ANY Saints team played consecutive games v teams from, at least, 3 divisions below and failed to score from open play.

I’ll wait........

The board are a lynch mob, a bit far Alan. When oh when are you going to get over your sacking and when will you realise it was the board that sacked you, a handful of the support on an internet forum had nothing to do with it. What bit of that can't you grasp yet. Also why keep Stubbs as the common denominator there have been 2 other managers in between. I still can't decide if your are actually Stubbs or a Shull trolling alias ???

This time last year we were putting 6 past Dumbarton and qualifying for the next round!

We then beat Dundee in the league. Defeats at Ibrox and Tynecastle were expected.

Stubbs was hounded out for losing one match at home to Livingston by the lynch mob!

This is worse than Stubbs!

Our league cup hopes were buggered in the first 45 minutes at home to Dunfermline. The remaining 3.5 ties only confirmed to everyone (including our management) that our threadbare squad was even worse than we could have feared.

It must now be obvious to them that an influx of quality players is essential before we start the league campaign at Easter Road. Forget waiting until the closing hours of the January transfer window, we need action now !! Where will the goals come from otherwise ? And the fact that we didn't actually concede any goals in those 3.5 ties is irrelevant because we obviously need some more experienced defenders as well. Let's hope that Goody is being extremely vocal in his exchanges with GS, TF and GMac !!!

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Gambling's a mugs game.

I thought you were talking about being skint?

Bad CS, Bad CS.

I was skint about two years ago. Since then I’ve worked 7 day weeks and I’m alright for the time being :lol:

I generally only spend £2 a week on gambling (most weeks, occasional differences but the normal is £2). £1 of that has not been used during the summer due to the off-season, and the other was involved in the bet mentioned.

12 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

This time last year we were putting 6 past Dumbarton and qualifying for the next round!

We then beat Dundee in the league. Defeats at Ibrox and Tynecastle were expected.

Stubbs was hounded out for losing one match at home to Livingston by the lynch mob!

This is worse than Stubbs!

Lucky i wasn't in charge he'd have been sacked after the Spartans game after i saw my 80k marquee signing getting his arse roasted by my milkman 

Just now, Cornwall_Saint said:

I was skint about two years ago. Since then I’ve worked 7 day weeks and I’m alright for the time being :lol:

I generally only spend £2 a week on gambling (most weeks, occasional differences but the normal is £2). £1 of that has not been used during the summer due to the off-season, and the other was involved in the bet mentioned.

I told you that blaming the Tories wasn't the way to go and that you had to and could do it yourself. :D

Nice one!

Was that discussion really 2 years ago?

1 minute ago, portmahomack saint said:

Lucky i wasn't in charge he'd have been sacked after the Spartans game after i saw my 80k marquee signing getting his arse roasted by my milkman 

FFS, what sort of milk do you buy ???

I think we have every reason to be worried I reckon we are at least eight bodies short in terms of squad no matches lined up prior to Easter Road we have sold around 3200 season tickets I feel Scott has to give some sort of update on our position and lack of planning and exactly what the future planning is I think the loyal fans are due this
If he doesn't, I'd like to hear JG tell is who he wanted to sign, and have Gus, Tony and GS explain why none (NONE) of those targets joined us.
Or perhaps JG didn't have any targets. Or didn't want any of the guys that Gus had listed...

Our league cup hopes were buggered in the first 45 minutes at home to Dunfermline. The remaining 3.5 ties only confirmed to everyone (including our management) that our threadbare squad was even worse than we could have feared.
It must now be obvious to them that an influx of quality players is essential before we start the league campaign at Easter Road. Forget waiting until the closing hours of the January transfer window, we need action now !! Where will the goals come from otherwise ? And the fact that we didn't actually concede any goals in those 3.5 ties is irrelevant because we obviously need some more experienced defenders as well. Let's hope that Goody is being extremely vocal in his exchanges with GS, TF and GMac !!!
If we don't strengthen the squad urgently, and with quality, then I really do fear what the results against Hibs, Aberdeen and Rangers will do for morale at the Club, let alone the players who play in rose matches.
Get the finger out. NOW !

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I told you that blaming the Tories wasn't the way to go and that you had to and could do it yourself. :D

Nice one!

Was that discussion really 2 years ago?

No, I only joined the forum in April last year, originally trying to find out information on trophy day to plan my journey north :lol:

I was probably referencing the position I had been in, and the fact that I still have to work 7 days a week.

3 hours ago, turrabuddie said:
3 hours ago, foxbar_bud said:
That is some line up

A centre mid at RB
A centre mid at LB
A RB at Centre Half
Jack Baird

4 central midfielders

2 forwards

A bench consisting of 4 teenagers and a sub goalie

Absolutely shambolic state.

Merely lulling the opposition into a false sense of security. Surely this (scarcely believable) team will manage to score and be good enough to win tonight.

Sadly, despite almost idyllic weather, they werent. Partly again down to some great saves by the opposition but mainly due to our own failings. 

39 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Stop bloody whining. The competition format is great and gives smaller teams a fighting chance of an upset.

It's up to teams like ours to show we want to win more.

The format is fine.

Oaky, I’m not whining. I just don’t agree with you and I’ve stated why. You don’t agree and that’s fine. I’ll refrain from saying stop whining about me whining, because that would be as silly as you saying I’m whining.

Please respect my authoritaaah opinion.