Albion Rovers v St Mirren

St.Ricky

42 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Stop bloody whining. The competition format is great and gives smaller teams a fighting chance of an upset.

It's up to teams like ours to show we want to win more.

The format is fine.

Dont think anyone will take away the joy from smaller clubs we all respect them. We all know our place in the food chain in the premiership.  Fact is we are I'll prepaid for the season starting which is very concerning.  Romours regarding we are skint will only grow unless quality come in concern will rightly grow.  Some can brush it off others take their football seriously.  Have been a regular since 1967 been in nearly every ground in Scotland and followed Saints 4 times to Europe. Have kept the season ticket going for years many years where could attend 7 games the whole season at most to support the club. What Stuart Gilmour and that board done was above the call of duty. Now I'm regretting taking out another season ticket will hardly make home games again due to work. For the this moment looks like mismanagement . Seen written we have been through 90 players since Gordon took over power in 3 years. Manager after manager is costing the club money we cant afford.  I wont give up SMISA or buddie vision including the season ticket it is a considerable cost, ofh aye the 1877 club also. Not a tantrum maybe shite English and bad spelling so feel free to have a swipe.  Really hope I'm wrong, I really do to me St Mirren look mismanaged at this time. SMISA I will keep on believe our club should be in safe hands. One Question though why is the SMISA representative on the board not communicate with fans rather that what looks and reads like a political prepared statement. The chosen one was voted in by the fans paying a monthly subscription for 10 years. If something is not right / or right  speak to the members give proper feedback. As I write will not give up SMISA but proper feed back is hugely lacking. Speak to members if it was not for members Y.O.U would not be there. SMISA needs to have members meeting. Rant over. 

1 minute ago, doonhamer said:

Phew. Glad that pesky League Cup is out of the way, now we can look forward to real football success.

I know you were at EK on Saturday. Did you notice that there were 15 fouls against us by EK and 22 by Albion Rovers. Well above the fouls count in other games played tonight. 22 Shots at goal on Satutday, 9 on target. 17 Shots on goal tonight 7 on target. Good petgprmances by opposing keepers in both games. Are we too soft pethaps? 

25 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Surprised nobody has mentioned the gesture from one of the players towards GLS, GM and TF.

Surprised nobody wrote that the ref had to delay kick off until the last of the St Mirren party crossed the pitch with the teams lined up for the second game in a row. Is this why we are not winning these games? Is it coincidence? Does it matter? 

Yet another poor game tonight, could have played all night and not scored. Scrappy, unimaginative stuff. Plus Albion Rovers we’re charging £1 for a cup of tap water!!! Then a huge tailback going home on the M8 (looked like a really bad accident) 

With regards to moving forward, Flynn, Baird, both Mcginns, Mullen, Mckenzie, magenis and the two new signings and keepers should stay as part of the squad, the rest should go out on loan. We need 6-7 quality signings to come in during this window. 

2 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Yet another poor game tonight, could have played all night and not scored. Scrappy, unimaginative stuff. Plus Albion Rovers we’re charging £1 for a cup of tap water!!! Then a huge tailback going home on the M8 (looked like a really bad accident) 

With regards to moving forward, Flynn, Baird, both Mcginns, Mullen, Mckenzie, magenis and the two new signings and keepers should stay as part of the squad, the rest should go out on loan. We need 6-7 quality signings to come in during this window. 

Not a bad summation but I would add Ernahon and Macpherson but played in position. 

Just now, Big Yards said:

I agree he’s exposed at left back but can also see he packs just about everything to be a premiership footballer 

I think he packs all that is needed, I think you frel he doesn't. Time will tell, he is still young and growing rapidly.

11 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

I agree he’s exposed at left back but can also see he lacks just about everything to be a premiership footballer 

I think that's really unfair, he has potential, but agree a loan to the championship would be the best move for everyone.